• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire announced (Square Enix x MachineZone, mobile)

Mcdohl

Man...

I feel so burned out after FFXV.

I did Platinum Trophy it and enjoyed it probably more than a lot of people but it did ultimately disappoint me, a lot.

I enjoy XIV, but it's not enough, not for me.

Is this it?

I'm worried, I feel that everything that comes out from the FF brand lately just distances me more and more.

On the other hand, there are other J-franchises I love that are getting critical acclaim because they are not having identity crisis like Nier and P5,

I've been in denial with FF, but I'm really sad guys.

It's like seeing your kid succumb to drugs, and you want to help her/him but you can't. You love and miss her/him, but you hate her/his current state.

Probably taking this way too seriously, but it really hurts. Can't help but feel it's over. :(

Ray Down

Banned
Man...

I did Platinum Trophy it and enjoyed it probably more than a lot of people but it did ultimately disappoint me, a lot.

Is this it?

I'm worried, I feel that everything that comes out from the FF brand lately just distances me more and more.

On the other hand, there are other J-franchises I love that are getting critical acclaim because they are not having identity crisis like Nier and P5,

It's like seeing your kid succumb to drugs, and you want to help her/him but you can't. You love and miss her/him, but you hate her/his current state.

Probably taking this way too seriously, but it really hurts. Can't help but feel it's over. :(

Over dramatic much.

Kilvas

Looks like it could be a fun time waster for me. I really like the FFXV universe so I don't mind a reskin of a popular game I'd never touch.

Mcdohl

Over dramatic much.

I know it sounds that way, but it's been a slow build up over the years, not just this announcement.

This just feels like the...

giphy.gif

poodaddy

Man...

Is this it?

Dude....

jjonez18

Is Dragon Quest already on mobile? Why not just go straight to the big dog? Get some Pokemon Go-esque synergy going before DQXI drops.

Come to think of it, I guess FF has the best chance of doing well in both Japan and the West.

Ray Down

Banned
Is Dragon Quest already on mobile? Why not just go straight to the big dog? Get some Pokemon Go-esque synergy going before DQXI drops.

Guess FF has the best chance of doing well in both Japan and the West?

Dragon Quest is on mobile, both mainline titles and original titles.

Man...

Is this it?

I think I hate Final Fantasy now.

This franchise does strange things to people.

To be honest as long as this crap helps fund the actual brand then I'm pretty happy. I won't play it and don't care for it, but if it helps keep mainline FF games going financially I'm all for it.

To be honest as long as this crap helps fund the actual brand then I'm pretty happy. I won't play it and don't care for it, but if it helps keep mainline FF games going financially I'm all for it.

Exactly. I dont care about any mobile games or MMOs but they make SE alot of money and helps fund stuff like Final Fantasy and Nier on consoles/PC.

we just really, really need to get beyond final fantasy xv. because there's just not enough there, beyond a certain point (which we've already crossed, btw) to remain interesting in any way whatsoever. as john cleese might say: 'this game is no more! it has ceased to be! its expired and gone to meet its maker! its a stiff! bereft of life, it rests in peace!' :) ...

HeelPower

Man...

Is this it?

FF as a series slipped firmly into mediocrity.

They're all about michael bay-esque production values and bombast now.

Top Bottom