• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Demo Gameplay (XB1 & PS4 demos), Battle System, Night & Map Shown

wmlk

So you want the Behemoth to be stunlocked like that guard? What?

How would the Behemoth even attack you then?

No, I want blood to show for the Behemoth like how the knights have sparks.

I did! But it wasn't for hitstun.

I meant that there was no visual feedback. If you look at the video, there is visual feedback for the knights in the form of sparks when you hit them, but no blood or anything for the Behemoth.

This was my post. No mention about hitstun. In fact, I was saying how great the other parts looked (which didn't have hitstun either!).

Arguably the coolest part in the demo. These robot soldiers won't let you get away so easily.

EminentLividGull.gif

Also an attack that can hit multiple enemies

GHxzGCN.gif

I don't want behemoth to be flying around, lol. Just some sparks like they usually do to show "hey you're hitting him". I don't really mind much tho tbh.

;__; Let's go back, we fucked up.
Yeah you guys fucked up. Not only you though, there were many people saying that, so they went with it (presumably).

What's the difference? It looks like you're unable to attack quickly regardless of how quickly you mash...which is a delay between attacks. So what's a slowdown?
Delay is pressing a button and the game not responding in time (lag). That animation will not play out faster independently of the slowdown or how much you "mash".

Slowdown is what that is.
No, I want blood to show for the Behemoth like how the knights have sparks.
Blood in a mainline FF? lol

wmlk

Yeah you guys fucked up. Not only you though, there were many people saying that, so they went with it (presumably).

Delay is pressing a button and the game not responding in time (lag). That animation will not play out faster independently of the slowdown or how much you "mash".

Slowdown is what that is.

Blood in a mainline FF? lol
Yeah, the Behemoths bled even at E3 2013.

Heck, they even have fake blood now for the monsters, but the Behemoth didn't.

None of us were mentioning the slowmo we see now.

Yeah, the Behemoths bled even at E3 2013.

Heck, they even have fake blood now, but the Behemoth didn't.

None of us were mentioning the slowmo we see now.

You can't possibly be as ingenuous as to think they'll put blood so freely in that game.

sigh... Either way, I don't care, I don't mind the current slowdowns, but most of all, I certainly hope they don't take feedback from the demo.

You're really not getting what we're saying. We wanted visual feedback from the Behemoth (blood/scars/head shake/whatever), NOT a change in Noctis' s attack speed/delay/slowdown/whatever.

And we don't know where the developers got the idea of slowing down combat from, so don't point fingers at people. It's really annoying.

wmlk

You can't possibly be as ingenuous as to think they'll put blood so freely in that game.

sigh... Either way, I don't care, I don't mind the current slowdowns, but most of all, I certainly hope they don't take feedback from the demo.
Again, did you read? They have fake blood now for all the monsters and the Behemoth didn't even have that in that video. That was what I was getting at.

The knights have sparks, but the Behemoth had nothing. No visual feedback.

You're really not getting what we're saying. We wanted visual feedback from the Behemoth (blood/scars/head shake/whatever), NOT a change in Noctis' s attack speed/delay/slowdown/whatever.

And we don't know where the developers got the idea of slowing down combat from, so don't point fingers at people. It's really annoying.

People were asking for feedback to their hits, and you got it.

I hope they read these complaints and learn to ignore the fanbase at least...

Again, did you read? They have fake blood now for all the monsters and the Behemoth didn't even have that in that video. That was what I was getting at.

Yeah. You have it now.

wmlk

People were asking for feedback to their hits, and you got it.

I hope they read these complaints and learn to ignore the fanbase at least...

Yeah. You have it now.
You've had this "holier than thou" attitude for much too long. You're insinuating things that we never said.

I'm confused... weren't you previously champing the whole feedback thing?

Yup. I still want the cat cam.

But I didn't know they would go so far with that feedback, so now I'm on the other side of it.

You've had this "holier than thou" attitude for much too long. You insinuating things that we never said.

You literally said you wanted more visual feedback. They've given you more visual feedback. What am I insinuating here?!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yup. I still want the cat cam.

But I didn't know they would go so far with that feedback, so now I'm on the other side of it.

You literally said you wanted more visual feedback. They've given you more visual feedback. What am I insinuating here?!

Can't pick and choose man. It doesn't work that way.

wmlk

That we somehow wanted the slowdown we have now. Not only are you jumping to conclusions saying we're the reason, but you didn't even read the context that I provided in my original post where I didn't mention slowdown even once.

Spinx

He has a health bar. There's your visual feedback. Huehuehue

Can't pick and choose man. It doesn't work that way.
I didn't know they would go so far with that feedback. I was on their side reading the Type-0 stuff and I thought they would be wise enough to not take more than that for XV.

Now I was wrong. So I don't agree with that anymore.

I.... I need that speed back.....
He had the Phantom Sword active in those gifs. Go look at the demo, it's still pretty fast with them.

Feedback on the Behemoth's end, not Noctis' s, for fuck's sake.

Yeah, guess fixing that Type-0 camera wasn't a good idea either, huh?
Do you seriously think they'll read every minimal detail? They read you wanted feedback, that's it.

That we somehow wanted the slowdown we have now. Not only are you jumping to conclusions saying we're the reason, but you didn't even read the context that I provided in my original post where I didn't mention slowdown even once.
You wanted feedback, slowdown is a feedback.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know that sound when you get a headshot in Counter-Strike?

It's the most satisfying sound in all of gaming

They should add that to every hit on top of the slowdown

Do you seriously think they'll read every minimal detail? They read you wanted feedback, that's it.

Then I guess their misinterpretation is none of our fault. If they actually got the idea from GAF alone, which I highly doubt in the first place, it's their responsibility to understand our intentions fully before committing to implement something in the game.

And put Killer Instinct's narrator for every hit too.

Then I guess their misinterpretation is none of our fault. If they actually got the idea from GAF alone, which I highly doubt in the first place, it's their responsibility to understand our intentions fully before committing to implement something in the game.

I'm not saying they got it from GAF in the first place. But here IS a pretty big forum...

Point is, one person wants blood, one person wants sparks, one person wants head shake, one person wants hitstun. Basically what everyone wants is feedback. They did it.
If they reach this point... I hope Tabata is wiser.

Mortemis

Banned
I didn't know they would go so far with that feedback. I was on their side reading the Type-0 stuff and I thought they would be wise enough to not take more than that for XV.

Now I was wrong. So I don't agree with that anymore.

He had the Phantom Sword active in those gifs. Go look at the demo, it's still pretty fast with them.

Man, I know the team reads through the internet, but I feel you think that someone read our posts, screamed "FEEDBACK" to the team which started crunching code for it.

Lol, I doubt we're the reason, and if we are then they should stop sipping that GAF koolaid.

Might as well slow it down even more, and make each hit have a resonating explosion sound like a transformers movie.

Gotta make it more cinematic.

Man, I know the team reads through the internet, but I feel you think that someoje read our posts, screamed "FEEDBACK" to the team which started crunching code for it.

Lol, I doubt we're the reason, and if we are then they should stop sipping that GAF koolaid.
I'm not saying you're the sole reason, I'm saying they read people wanting feedback (not only here on GAF, there were other places too, but GAF is also a place people talked about it).

You are not the culprit, actually, the culprit is the team for following such comments in the first place instead of sticking to their vision.

Well, then maybe you shouldn't blame posters here for giving feedback if developers interpret it poorly. :) No one asked for slowdown.

Way to miss my point, twice.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I know the team reads through the internet, but I feel you think that someoje read our posts, screamed "FEEDBACK" to the team which started crunching code for it.

Might as well slow it down even more, and make each hit have a resonating explosion sound like a transformers movie.

Gotta make it more cinematic.

This is how you slowdown

I'm amazing

Dark_castle

Not sure what the fuss is all about. I thought it's generally concluded that the slowdown after each attack is a little too much right now, and should be addressed to keep the combat better flowing and easier on the eyes. And not to mention as it was pointed out in the gifs by Raven777, previously we had no such slowdown, at least not to this extent, so this change must have been quite recent. See TGS demonstration here, there's no such slowdown there.

Then as for the Behemoth's reaction, perhaps they should make the beast flinch a little or have some blood (or if blood is out, a dark liquid of some kind) splash out of the beast as an indication that the behemoth was attacked. Just noticed that there some dark splashes upon each strike, but it was hard to see.

We have yet to see the Behemoth fight in Episode Duscae, so let's see how it goes.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm not saying you're the sole reason, I'm saying they read people wanting feedback (not only here on GAF, there were other places too, but GAF is also a place people talked about it).

You are not the culprit, actually, the culprit is the team for following such comments in the first place instead of sticking to their vision.

They should hire an internet guide. Someone to weed through everything for them and has enough sense to say "that's GAF, ignore it". Lmao.

FF could never replicate the feelong of being a badass for getting a headshot.

Forreal the only slowdown should be the final hit on a boss ala KH.

Not sure what the fuss is all about. I thought it's generally concluded that the slowdown after each attack is a little too much right now, and should be addressed to keep the combat better flowing and easier on the eyes.

The fuss is them adding this because of "fan feedback" wanting more pronounced hits. We're not debating whether or not the slowdowns are good.

Either way, I learned something today, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that Wan, Tabata and whoever else reads this stuff... Please don't read this stuff. Please don't take this kind of feedback.

Way to miss my point, twice.
Point being? Yeah, they presumably took what was common in the complaints, that being lack of visual feedback, but they didn't consider which end the feedback should come from, and in that case they implemented it poorly. You were blaming people here for giving feedback, which is ridiculous considering a) they don't have to take it, b) they probably didn't even consider what a handful of GAF posters thought, c) they didn't even implement what we wanted. So I say you should be pointing your finger at the developers, not us. What point did I not get?

Falk

that puzzling face
Forreal the only slowdown should be the final hit on a boss ala KH.

But KH also has slowdown on drive forms now!

don't hurt me :(

edit: To be more useful, staggering in esp. Lightning Returns actually felt really good and weighty, especially if it involved chopping a tail off.

Point being? Yeah, they took what was common in the complaints, that being lack of visual feedback, but they didn't consider which end the feedback should come from, and in that case they implemented it poorly. You were blaming people here for giving feedback, which is ridiculous considering a) they don't have to take it, b) they probably didn't even consider what a handful of GAF posters thought, c) they didn't even implement what we wanted. So I say you should be pointing your finger at the developers, not us. What point did I not get?

Don't worry, I'm pointing my fingers at them, don't feel so defensive.

I'm pointing my fingers at them for reading that stuff in the first place. The game was fine the way it was (Yes, even the Behemoth), but they had to change because yeah...

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm pointing my fingers at them for reading that stuff in the first place. The game was fine the way it was (Yes, even the Behemoth), but they had to change because yeah...

Now that the conversation has somewhat died down, let me just chip in all of once and say you're being a little bit presumptuous here.

There's nothing wrong with listening to feedback. Whether and how you implement it is the issue.

Edit: Also, you definitely were blaming us for fucking up a couple posts prior.

wmlk

Don't worry, I'm pointing my fingers at them, don't feel so defensive.

It's a bit of a stretch to say that we're the direct cause when we saw the same kind of slowdown at TGS 2014.

They aren't idiots. We aren't idiots.

Now that the conversation has somewhat died down, let me just chip in all of once and say you're being a little bit presumptuous here.

About the Behemoth? It was fine. Adding hitstun would break the game, adding blood they wouldn't.

Not only that, he was using the Phantom Sword, where the hits are way less pronounced because the battle gets way faster.

The hits were perfectly fine, there was a sound cue and there you could see the damage (now there would even be a health bar), if people can't tell they've hit the target like this, then I feel sorry for them.

Top Bottom