• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Famitsu Info: Tabata (Type-0) codirector, considering PC, apps, more

Saty

There needs to be an 'official' and concentrated effort. It's best if it starts in the official FF\Square forums as it was with Dark Souls.

Rojo

You can read about it all here.

Important Stuff:

- Hajime Tabata is co-directing
- You can still switch player control between party members in battle.
- Hashimoto says the "dishonest" days of not having information for "months at a time" are behind them. Expect frequent and regular updates.
- They are considering releasing it on PC, and want people to show demand.
- They want to use Vita and other devices (tablets, etc.).

Frequent updates was all i ever wanted.

raven777

So I assume we will get two more trailers this year. Assuming that they are skipping Gamescom, one for TGS and one for jump festa.

FFXV is an action RPG like Kingdom Hearts, but that should be where the bigger similarities end. Nomura has said he's trying to keep XV separate from KH when it comes to gameplay. He doesn't want the two games to play too similarly. I mean, a big difference is already the fact that you can instantly change between your AI characters, unlike in KH where you are in control of one character and one character only.

And even if it does end up quite similar to KH, why does it matter? Kingdom Hearts is in the God Tier of Japanese (or any) action RPGs (alongside with the Ys series), so it's not a bad franchise to take influence from if you want to have super-fun combat.

I see where you're coming from, problem with that is I'm" not a fan of the KH franchise so it's one of those "guilty by association" deals. Don't get me wrong if the game it's good I'll be buying regardless.

As far as Toriyama is concerned I don't hate him at all, don't know him personally to hate him. I'm" not a "story" guy but even I'll admit The 3rd Birthday for as good as it was, the plot was a total mindfuck with a side of WTH. I just find that his writing style comes off as very nonsensical.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Petition totally worked for them localizing Type-0, yep...

I think seeing a PC version of the game is extremely likely if they see that there's a market for it. Plus one is for localization. The other is for optimizing a PC port. The game is already being created like a PC game anyway.

Midou

Well one is trying to come to a dead system. :p

I think if a game like Dark Souls can make it, then FFXV can make it, especially with similarity between PC and next-gen consoles in development, it's much lower effort.

We should try to find a list of SE employees who have twitters and speak English and try to make that a part of the campaign, then a physical petition might be good, could even tweet the petition to them if it gets good numbers.

Famassu

Sounds like a clusterfuck in the making. How is suposed to release the next year?.
As long as the tools help them develop stuff efficiently, it doesn't matter how they do things. The Luminous Studios isn't quite finished yet so they are doing things their own way in the mean time while also implementing stuff that they do find useful from it.

Famassu

I really hope they don't pull more closed door shenanigans.
They've already said years ago they'll move past the closed mega theater secret showing stuff and we've already seen this in effect. At last year's TGS they did show the stuff in a way that only everyone who was there and interested could see it at first, but they released all the trailers online pretty soon afterwards (like, the next week or so).

kayos90

I hope they don't do a staggered release if they're releasing the PC version. That'd sort of suck.

kayos90

They explicitly asked to see demand here!

That said I assume by demand they mean they're going to do a market analysis, not a petition campaign.

Most definitely. If there's money to be earned in the PC market they'll definitely do it.

Greymanic

Neo Member

That said I assume by demand they mean they're going to do a market analysis, not a petition campaign.

I concur, still we can't always expect their results to match actual demand (e.g. Operation Rainfall).

Let's get this twitter party started yo.

#FFXVPC

https://twitter.com/kayos90/status/347357941365612544

I'd say this is a better idea as opposed to setting up a petition. That being said, I set up a Steam Group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FFXVPC

If anything, lets show them some actual numbers of people who are interested.

friz898

We're gonna need more positive energy from you Kagari than what you're currently giving us.

Being serious for a second, we all know we'll see Type-0 eventually.

FF3 Release Date:

JP: 1990
US: 2006

FF5 Release Date:

JP: 1992
US: 1999

Grant it, it's not a mainline numbered entry, but it was about the scope of one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

They asked to see demand for Type-0 too actually. At least SE's western branches did.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So if FFXVI ain't Toriyama then it's probably Kawazu + Itou?

Jarnet87

With Yoko Shimomura attached to compose the score for this game, this marks the first time a woman will be the lead composer for a main series Final Fantasy game yes?

Just found out she was attached to it, should do a wonderful job.

MogCakes

Are you going to drag this pointless rant against those fictional elitists who (at least in your mind) are taking the forum by siege and oppressing your freedom for many other posts?
Because this strikes me as an attempt to derailing the thread.

Beside... "GRRR, THEY SHOULD DIE IN A FIRE!". Seriously? Jesus Christ, grow up.

Fictional? They're hardly fictional, no more than the console fanboys who always harp on PC as well; are you saying fanboys don't exist? Further, where did I say they were invading GAF? The possibility of a PC version was mentioned in the OP, I expressed my feelings on the matter. You seem offended, did I touch a nerve? Curious, as I never stated I don't want XV on PC. How about you take a look at yourself and ask why you're reacting so angrily to a post that shouldn't tick off any reasonable person? In any case, I haven't derailed the thread and it was never my intent; I'm pretty damn surprised people would actually take offense to me voicing my hate for something most everyone should hate as well. You could learn not to put words in other peoples' mouths while you're busy figuring that out.

Negator

People asking for the PC version should keep in mind how they treated the FFVII release with its shitty tacked on DRM.

Jarmel

Banned
Really, everything I've heard about the game seems to be solid. The writing team is solid which is my main worry after FFXIII. I'm hoping they can pull out a win after all the shit this gen. The game seems really far off though like late 2014 at the earliest if not 2015.

With Yoko Shimomura attached to compose the score for this game, this marks the first time a woman will be the lead composer for a main series Final Fantasy game yes?

Kumi Tanioka scored the Bastok side of Final Fantasy XI for the pre-expansion game. She is also the Crystal Chronicles composer, but that isn't main series of course.

MogCakes

People asking for the PC version should keep in mind how they treated the FFVII release with its shitty tacked on DRM.

What kind of DRM did it have? I'd assume XV's would be no worse than any other AAA-release.

She did music for Kingdom Hearts, it makes sense to put her on XV; the gameplay is inspired by it after all.

Jarmel

Banned

I'm not familiar enough with her work. Is this a good thing? I see she did work on Xenoblade so that is a huge positive as the soundtrack there is stellar.

Shinta

Banned
Kumi Tanioka scored the Bastok side of Final Fantasy XI for the pre-expansion game. She is also the Crystal Chronicles composer, but that isn't main series of course.

Yeah, Gustaberg is legendary. I also like Fury. She only did probably 10 tracks, but there were some hits for sure.

desu

Just wondering, when did FFXIII start getting regular Famitsu info updates?

I think it was about 6-9 months before the game came out that they started to have updates pretty often (in the end they had something every week in Jump).

Top Bottom