• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Demo trailer (SPOILERS)

MilkBeard

Ah, broke down and watched it. Pretty hype, especially at the end. Also, I didn't find it all that spoilery, especially if you've already seen all the other trailers that SE has released. But if you are on blackout, then it's best to avoid and wait for the game.

The scene Old Noctis steps to the throne is CGI, isn't it?
Is it only me or the trailer implies there is time travel element (the last scene when the lucis ring appears to cast a spell)

Philippo

Should i watch it?
Sounds like it's pretty spoiler-y, although i've followed it closely and only avoided the 4chan leaks.

Gbraga

Should i watch it?
Sounds like it's pretty spoiler-y, although i've followed it closely and only avoided the 4chan leaks.

Honestly, no.

I don't think it's THAT good. It's only a hype trailer because of the things it spoils, it's not super exciting or particularly well made, like the Omen trailer was.

I watched it because I already read all of the leaks, so whatever, but I don't think it's worth spoiling yourself any more when the game is so close to come out already.

Byvar

Luna:
(I can't make out the first word she says) ...please...be at peace... (she could also be saying 'please have a peaceful slumber' but the music is really drowning out her voice)
Luna:
*starts dancing*
Ardyn:
"A sending? So soon?"
*slap*

Thanks a lot for the translation! Noctis's conversation with Ravus makes me think
Ravus had his own goals for becoming an empire general rather than just "revenge against Lucis".

jett

D-Member
Translation of what being said, will add to the OP in a sec:

Young Luna: Only the true king anointed by the crystal can purge the star of its scourge.
Young Noctis: But I don't think I can...
Young Luna: As the oracle, I will help you with all I have.
Young Noctis: Huh?
Young Luna: It is an oracle's duty to support the king.
Young Noctis: I see...alright, then I guess I'll do it. I won't let you down!
Young Luna: Noctis...
Gentiana: Regis has long lamented Noctis's fate for being chosen by the holy crystal. But his expression has changed ever since coming to Tenebrae...you have great power within you, and not just from being an oracle.
Cor: On that day, he didn't want it to be 'king and prince'. He wanted it to be a father seeing his son off.
Ardyn: Any interest in an old tale? So I hear that there's a titan beneath the meteor, calling out to the king.
Luna: A tragedy occurred in Lucis. The ceasefire never came to be, and many have lost their lives. The tragedy from that day...
Iris: The palace's surroundings were all in ruins. I think a lot of areas were mostly unscathed, but...
Cor: I'm sorry....for not being able to protect his majesty.
Cid: Your old man waged war behind those walls...ready to take them on.
Noctis: Is Luna...alright?
Noctis: Then what the hell are you doing?! Why are you in the empire's army hunting for Luna?!
Ravus: You're asking me, an enemy general!?
Luna: (I can't make out the first word she says) ...please...be at peace... (she could also be saying 'please have a peaceful slumber' but the music is really drowning out her voice)
Gladio: What kind of sorry excuse for a king are you!?
Noctis: Damn you!
Ravus: You're going to die at this rate!
Luna: I know that!
Ignis: Noct. What it means to be a king...is to never stop moving forward. No matter what sacrifices you come to bear, you have to keep walking.
Old Noctis: I'll be off.

I added the English translation as subtitles to this video: https://youtu.be/DWMPOek-_48

Much appreciated.

God that trailer. 17 more days!

*hype intensifies*

o9p9bsbzkkej4nj3sra7.gif

Ray Down

Banned
The scene Old Noctis steps to the throne is CGI, isn't it?
Is it only me or the trailer implies there is time travel element (the last scene when the lucis ring appears to cast a spell)
It's clearly CGI, though I don't know if he's using some time travel spell. What good would that due if you got to deal with Arden again, unless you can stop certain events happening in new game plus.

Bennettt2

hints of a tragic ending during ravus and luna scene.

I've never wanted to cry so badly for a game than this one. Don't let us down, tabata!
Carthartic of the experience excite

Some potentially big spoilers ahead....

Saw this posted on reddit and thought it was a really good find from the trailer. This particular portion moves so fast it's hard to tell what we are seeing but these screen captures give a decent look.

The poster is speculating that this is Bahamut at the tail end of the trailer...theorizes that the other astrals come together to form him. One thing's for sure the last image posted really does look like Bahamut.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5cf0gx/spoilers_summons_in_the_judgment_trailer/

Samimista

Thanks for the translation, Ray. :)

hints of a tragic ending during ravus and luna scene.

I've never wanted to cry so badly for a game than this one. Don't let us down, tabata!
Carthartic of the experience excite

The blue flower field scene was very beautiful, though.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Ha! I'm a stubborn cunt so I can easily not watch and not reveal the spoilers tags. But I'm very happy to see that the plot seems to be interesting and you guys are reacting positively to whatever is in that spoilerrific trailer.

My Pro will be ready on the 29th. Gimme all of the feelings Tabata!

And... Off to listen Apocalypsis Noctis for the umpteenth time!

WOW! Now that was a trailer...

I like how they are still hiding so many locations and even if it is spoilery in terms of plot it still isn't spoiling much at all!!

Best trailer yet! Can't wait!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I'm still going to veer on the safe side and presume there are fewer locations than many of us expect and that is why we are consistently seeing only the same several places. :p Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, I say.

I'm still going to veer on the safe side and presume there are fewer locations than many of us expect and that is why we are consistently seeing only the same several places. :p Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, I say.

Yes you are right. I realised that as soon as I posted.

Expect nothing and thou shall receive the greatest riches known to mankind

Ravus for good guy please....

I hope luna doesn't die though. What is it that she's doing that's supposedly putting her life at risk? Besides waking up the summons.

Something with fighting to save Noctis in guessing.

And that knowing that is why Ravus is doing what he is doing trying to save her? Would give an actual reason for him to have joined the "other side" even with what they have done.

Kinda hope that isn't it though since I was really hoping that Noctis wouldn't be the "oblivious young character" that is pretty standard.

.JayZii

Banned
Nice. There were definitely some visually striking scenes in there. The one in Tenebrae reminded me of a Kojima shot.

The in game model for older Noctis looks more like his younger design, and less like he just morphed into a white guy.

Ardyn is definitely
some sort of Astral or god or something.
That pre slap moment with Luna convinced me.

They're so over the top with projecting
Luna's death that at this point I think they are doing it on purpose..she's not going to die.

Top Bottom