• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: No Plans to Integrate DLC Episodes into the Main Game

The DLC episodes don't add anything to the holes in the story anyway.
I would argue that Prompto's backstory comes out absolutely nowhere in the main game without Episode Prompto to flesh it out.

And I'm not sure if it's folded into the game, but Chapter 13 verse 2 also provides quite a bit of context to the fate of two characters.

Episode Gladiolus is completely superfluous to the point of raising more questions than answers, but a playthrough without shirtless Gladiolus comes at great expense of the player's enjoyment.

Strings

That's fine. FFXV tells a very deliberately paced story and that stuff would just throw it off.

Lol.

Super dodgy how they introduced extremely jarring 'DLC GOES HERE' points in the story without ever intending to smooth them over.

Like, it's not really something they can fix at this point, but with a little foresight, they should have never run into these problems in the first place.

Toth

Lol.

Super dodgy how they introduced extremely jarring 'DLC GOES HERE' points in the story without ever intending to smooth them over.

Like, it's not really something they can fix at this point, but with a little foresight, they should have never run into these problems in the first place.

I think a simple message before specific chapter begins that says "Experience the adventure of Gladious (Chapter 8) / Prompto (Chapter 13) / Ignis (Chapter 10?) to enhance your enjoyment of the next chapter. Select Episode <x> from the Special screen now." would be more than adequate.

ScrapBrain

Throwing my two-cents in in case someone important is eyeing this thread: This should honestly be a top priority for you guys at this point. an 'ultimate edition' with everything in one campaign needs to happen, it's mind boggling that this wasn't the plan all along ffs

Top Bottom