• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV release date reveal on March 30th in 6300 cp theater by Kinda Funny

I do this way too often.. About twice a week or so :(

Also you are missing the very first Versus trailer! First Trailer

Every time a little tidbit of info came out I would go back and re-watch them too. I always thought to myself, 'This e3 has to be the one where they show something right?' I had pretty much lost hope and then that epic trailer from 2013 brought the hype back.

Oh yeah! I forgot that was the very first one, lol. Noctis's face looks so weird in those old trailers now. I think it's the placement and spacing in the eyes.

Mediking

This is what I wanna see at Uncovered: FF XV

• Gimme FF XV avatars and themes (like announce there will be some)
  • Gimme a FF XV Collector's Edition: artbook, soundtrack, figure of Noctis or Luna, poster, guide, etc
  • Gimme a release date that's close to when E3 ends
  • Gimme the tech demo with Young Noctis in it. Please make it easy to experience. As in put it on PSN and let us download it for free.
  • Don't spoil major plot points at Uncovered.
  • Make sure the trailer for FF XV at Uncovered shows a glimpse of exploring a town
  • Make sure the trailer for FF XV shows Noctis having a personality. Not necessarily EMOTIONS but actual PERSONALITY. I really like Episode Duscae but with all my time playing it... I still have no idea how to describe Noctis' personality.

I'm already on board for the game and I really have no more concerns. But if Tabata-san can pull off a spoiler-free event packed to the brim with hype and awesome stuff to give to fans... LET'S GO.

Every time a little tidbit of info came out I would go back and re-watch them too. I always thought to myself, 'This e3 has to be the one where they show something right?' I had pretty much lost hope and then that epic trailer from 2013 brought the hype back.

Oh yeah! I forgot that was the very first one, lol. Noctis's face looks so weird in those old trailers now. I think it's the placement and spacing in the eyes.

E3 2013 was amazing. I remember getting home in just enough time for the start of the PS4 reveal and then from there well we know the rest.

I do hope they honor or acknowledge Nomura in some way other than Main Character Designer. i love the work Tabata has done but I am sad that Nomura never got to see this whole thing out. Wish they co-directed.. But oh well, I think Tabata has been doing a great job and it is just finally showing.

Must still suck for Nomura though seeing it in the hands of someone else.

OP Noctis best Noctis.

I would love a re-release of the original trailers for the release of the game. And then a brand new launch trailer. Just sort of how far we have come type thing

• Gimme a FF XV Collector's Edition: artbook, soundtrack, figure of Noctis or Luna, poster, guide, etc
  • Gimme the tech demo with Young Noctis in it. Please make it easy to experience. As in put it on PSN and let us download it for free.
  • Make sure the trailer for FF XV at Uncovered shows a glimpse of exploring a town
  • Make sure the trailer for FF XV shows Noctis having a personality. Not necessarily EMOTIONS but actual PERSONALITY. I really like Episode Duscae but with all my time playing it... I still have no idea how to describe Noctis' personality.

Noctis personality seems confident in battle a bit reckless I might add, he comes across somewhat shy and reserved otherwise he seems comfortable around the crew. He does talk when needed though like him pointing at the sky kinda thing.

I'm already on board for the game and I really have no more concerns. But if Tabata-san can pull off a spoiler-free event packed to the brim with hype and awesome stuff to give to fans... LET'S GO.
What makes you think that kid noctis is playable?

What makes you think that kid noctis is playable?

Tabata confirmed the tech demo is going to be different.

Kid-Noctis-570x318.png

Mediking

Noctis personality seems confident in battle a bit reckless I might add, he comes across somewhat shy and reserved otherwise he seems comfortable around the crew. He does talk when needed though like him pointing at the sky kinda thing.

Yeah... no. You're assuming that he's shy and reserved. Sitting on a throne and looking moody or walking outside and looking moody isn't really shy and reserved. I would call him shy if we saw him being nervous around a crowd of people or nervously talking to someone. Can't call him reserved either. Reckless? Another no. I haven't seen that at all. Sadly, I can't even say he appears confident in battle. He never says something like, "Bring it on!" Or any sort of cocky stuff.

He just REACTS to stuff. He's never on his own and expressing any sort of dang personality. This is probably the only real concern I have left about the game.

Even when he gained the Ramuh summon in Duscae... there was nothing. He didn't say he embraced the power, was afraid of it, or even curious about it. He just REACTED to it and accepted it. Even when Gladio and Prompto tried to flirt with Cidney... there was nothing. "Okay, Cidney! We gotta hit the road! Cya!" That's all he did. He could've laughed at the guys, did a facepalm, or pretty much anything to show he felt.

But I only feel this way based off of trailers and Duscae.

Yeah... no. You're assuming that he's shy and reserved. Sitting on a throne and looking moody or walking outside and looking moody isn't really shy and reserved. I would call him shy if we saw him being nervous around a crowd of people or nervously talking to someone. Can't call him reserved either. Reckless? Another no. I haven't seen that at all. Sadly, I can't even say he appears confident in battle. He never says something like, "Bring it on!" Or any sort of cocky stuff.

He just REACTS to stuff. He's never on his own and expressing any sort of dang personality. This is probably the only real concern I have left about the game.

Even when he gained the Ramuh summon in Duscae... there was nothing. He didn't say he embraced the power, was afraid of it, or even curious about it. He just REACTED to it and accepted it. Even when Gladio and Prompto tried to flirt with Cidney... there was nothing. "Okay, Cidney! We gotta hit the road! Cya!" That's all he did. He could've laughed at the guys, did a facepalm, or pretty much anything to show he felt.

I mean the e3 trailers him charging and Ignis says something along the lines not to rush and during the new combat trailer went Ignis says thread lighty? He says easy. There's a few examples. The shy and reserved I think it was Nomura describing him let me see if I can find it.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/06/nomura-e3-part-2-final-fantasy-xv/
the interviewer notes that Noctis has many fans, but he is very mysterious. Nomura, meanwhile, describes Noct as “not cool” on the inside. Appearances can be deceiving. He’s rather cocky, and him not being cool is actually his main characteristic.

More cool details
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Noctis_Lucis_Caelum

I mean the e3 trailers him charging and Ignis says something along the lines not to rush and during the new combat trailer went Ignis says thread lighty? He says easy. There's a few examples. The shy and reserved I think it was Nomura describing him let me see if I can find it.

From the wiki:

Noctis is shy, but tries to hide it by "acting cool". According to former director Tetsuya Nomura, Noctis will not have the "Cloud-like" personality, but he will be a new type of character for the series, one which Nomura had wanted to try out for a long time. Nomura said Noctis will have a strong and distinctive personality, rather than being silent and gloomy. In a Dengeki interview, Nomura explained Noctis is an ordinary young man who acts tough because he feels it is his duty to protect his kingdom and its citizens. As a result, he sometimes acts rashly or overestimates his strength.

Noctis is said to have a rebellious attitude, disliking the strict rules of his kingdom and acting as he pleases, sometimes getting his friends into trouble. Despite this, Noctis is protective of his friends.

Mediking

From the wiki:

No offense but what's even the point of posting quotes from Nomura anymore? His vision is gone. What he might have intended is gone.. This is Tabata's show. Unless Tabata intends to honor what Nomura wanted to do with Noctis.

I'm sorry but I haven't seen anything that indicates anything of a personality for Noctis. The "trying to act cool but is really shy" is total crap when it's not written well or even executed well. I REFUSE to let that be a cover-up and excuse for Noctis being a dry character. The "reckless" thing would be far more acceptable if he did reckless behavior such as charging in really stupidly or mumbling under his breath that he didn't care for strategy and only revenge, or any other noticeable thing. Ignis telling him to slow down isn't really reckless to me. That's more like: "Let's give Ignis a line to say...right here." Ignis is caring for Noctis? Surreeeeeeeeee... but there's better ways to show that.

There's multiple trailers from Versus and XV where Noctis approaches a bunch of enemies and he's hardly saying a word or showing any facial expressions.

Like I said, he's just been REACTING to stuff. He reacts ANGRILY. He reacts SADLY. He reacts SOMBERLY.

But once again, this is based off trailers and Duscae.

Actually, he did show a tiny bit of personality in Duscae when everybody was waking up and trying to wake him. He refused to wake up until he wanted to. But that moment is probably a inside joke of the development team saying: "Look, guys! He's here and awoke!". Y'know... SYMBOLISM.

Famassu

No offense but what's even the point of posting quotes from Nomura anymore? His vision is gone. What he might have intended is gone.. This is Tabata's show. Unless Tabata intends to honor what Nomura wanted to do with Noctis.
Apart from having to make big changes to the story because they have to stuff it all into a single game instead of making a larger saga, Tabata HAS said that they are trying to retain as much of Nomura & Nojima's original intent with the characters & story as possible. They changed Noctis' father appearance & replaced Stella with Luna, but apart from that they haven't shown anything to imply that they'd have changed the personalities of the main four.

Also, being reckless, confident & rash doesn't mean that a person has to be all "bring it on!" or anything else as silly sounding like that.

Go_Ly_Dow

He just REACTED to it and accepted it. Even when Gladio and Prompto tried to flirt with Cidney... there was nothing. "Okay, Cidney! We gotta hit the road! Cya!" That's all he did. He could've laughed at the guys, did a facepalm, or pretty much anything to show he felt.

I agree with you that it would be nice if the writing is improved over Duscae, but with regards to the Cidney flirt section, I think his reaction is quite natural.

I've been in many group situations before where something awkward has occured. In my head I'm acknowledging whats happened "oh god this is cringe inducing, get me out of here!". But my actual reaction itself is quite similar to his, a quick change of subject or something to deflect the attention away. Not ackowledging it because no one wants to ackmowledge it/has acknowledged it.

Cidney didn't acknowledge it so he didnt either. The best place to react to it would be in privately, after the event has occured. Unfortunately, the demo ends just as the car drives off so you dont get to see what happens after.

I agree with you that it would be nice if the writing is improved over Duscae, but with regards to the Cidney flirt section, I think his reaction is quite natural.

I've been in many group situations before where something awkward has occured. In my head I'm acknowledging whats happened "oh god this is cringe inducing, get me out of here!". But my actual reaction itself is quite similar to his, a quick change of subject or something to deflect the attention away. Not ackowledging it because no one wants to ackmowledge it/has acknowledged it.

Cidney didn't acknowledge it so he didnt either. The best place to react to it would be in privately, after the event has occured. Unfortunately, the demo ends just as the car drives off so you dont get to see what happens after.

My thoughts exactly. I agree Noctis didn't get a ton of development in Duscae, but it's a demo. I for one am glad he doesn't do Tales-style theatrical over-reacts to everything around him. Part of his thing is being unflappable. Presumably some of the serious events as the plot unfolds will flap him. Will be interesting to see how he develops when that happens.

Twookie

god is it march 30th yet?
the hype that has building for oh how many years now is killing me

pretty sure reading these threads isn't good for me

god i can't wait for this event FUCK

Go_Ly_Dow

All the plot points in the subtitles of the old Versus trailers still seem alive in XV. Especially the first trailer.

Philippo

All the plot points in the subtitles of the old Versus trailers still seem alive in XV. Especially the first trailer.

Like? I don't remember them very well
and lol i'm italian i should be the first one to remember all those subtitles

Go_Ly_Dow

Like? I don't remember them very well
and lol i'm italian i should be the first one to remember all those subtitles

2006 Debut Trailer.

"An isolated nation protected by an ancient line of kings. A modern civilization alive with the crystal's song swords and sorcery."

"A lone kingdom fighting to forestall the outer world from imposing its heretic order."

I hope the vocal version of Somnus is still in the game! It's the defining track of the whole project for me.

Famassu

Weell, not quite. We know of Stella's removal and she probably had a very large role intended for her (maybe spanning more than one game), although Luna kind of fills the space left by her & maybe they share some common elements (i.e. childhood with Noctis) even if overall Luna's role is very different. The god of death stuff has also been removed, IIRC, which seemed to be somewhat integral to the original story and/or world of Versus XIII. We also haven't seen any red starts in the sky lately, so I'm not sure if the whole "Noctis almost died when he was child & now he sees the red star in the sky" stuff is still in the game.

Though sure, the concept of Niflheim & Lucis being at each other's throats still remains the same, even if we don't get to play through the invasion.

Go_Ly_Dow

Weell, not quite. We know of Stella's removal and she probably had a very large role intended for her (maybe spanning more than one game), although Luna kind of fills the space left by her & maybe they share some common elements (i.e. childhood with Noctis) even if overall Luna's role is very different. The god of death stuff has also been removed, IIRC, which seemed to be somewhat integral to the original story and/or world of Versus XIII. We also haven't seen any red starts in the sky lately, so I'm not sure if the whole "Noctis almost died when he was child & now he sees the red star in the sky" stuff is still in the game.

Though sure, the concept of Niflheim & Lucis being at each other's throats still remains the same, even if we don't get to play through the invasion.

Yeah, was talking about those areas.

"An isolated nation protected by an ancient line of kings. A modern civilization alive with the crystal's song swords and sorcery."

"A lone kingdom fighting to forestall the outer world from imposing its heretic order."

Famassu

I still have no clue what this game is about.

I'm so excited.
Niflheim invades Lucis, steals the crystal & probably kills the king. Noctis & friends are kind of on the run & trying to do something about it (revenge? stopping Niflheim's world conquering?) simultaneously, which leads them to an epic road trip during which shit happens. Summons seem to be a fairly big part of that (Noctis is collecting their power to fight Niflheim?).

Philippo

2006 Debut Trailer.

I hope the vocal version of Somnus is still in the game! It's the defining track of the whole project for me.

Oh ok, i thought you were referring about that other trailer (was it the 2008 one?), but yeah, after all the basic premises seems to have been kept intact.

And yeah, vocal Somnus has been my favourite FF song for years now and it would be the best title screen song ever ever, if they remove it it's like i'll lose a part of my soul lol

I thought that they were more toned down due to rating issues rather than completely removed?

DeSolos

Oh ok, i thought you were referring about that other trailer (was it the 2008 one?), but yeah, after all the basic premises seems to have been kept intact.

And yeah, vocal Somnus has been my favourite FF song for years now and it would be the best title screen song ever ever, if they remove it it's like i'll lose a part of my soul lol

I thought that they were more toned down due to rating issues rather than completely removed?

If it's worth anything, the vocal Somnus was performed at the French concert Shimomura did in November, Melodiosa. It was also where they played the exploration theme
gratia mundi
live for the first time.

They are absolutely not going to pull an "available now" at this event. Tabata stated in the last ATR that Square Enix's policy with respect to announcing release dates is that they can't be announced until the game is in a beta form, which means feature, asset and content complete, with only polish and bug fixes remaining. Tabata also stated that he is confident FFXV will be at that point by the March event.

I have no idea how much polish the game needs before they're satisfied, but given the need to master and ship I believe the earliest we could possibly see this game is September, though I think November is the most likely target. It's fine, not going to be impatient about this; I've been waiting 10 years, another few months to get it into a really beautiful state won't kill me.

Mediking

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think the writing for that particular scene in Duscae is indicating that Noctis was feeling the same way as you. He could have at least shook his head or stared at the camera with a certain expression or anything else. ANYTHING NOTICEABLE. I just see it as him saying, "Yeah, gotta go". Not: "Yeah..... It's time we left." That all depends on perception, though. You see it as Noctis just carrying on while acknowledging it. I see it as sloppy writing of a character whose void of any sort of personality. Just saying lines to move the story along.

Cidney was oblivious to it... or was she? Either she was playing dumb or sincerely oblivious to the guys flirting with her. That right there could also lead in a debate. One can argue and say that anybody whose showing as much as skin as her and getting in certain poses obviously wants some attention. Another person can argue can say, "Nah.. she's just behaving normally. She's not flirting back" It all depends on perception. I personally thought she was teasing the guys.

I just want Noctis to be more expressive and have more a personality. I said before that I refuse to let emotions be a indication of a personality. Sitting in a throne and looking moody and standing by a car and looking moody and walking around looking moody just isn't gonna work with me. That's not enough. So far, he's the most dry of the party and that's the real sad thing about it. I'm telling you... All he does is REACT. And the fact that he didn't even say anything about how he felt about getting the summon in Duscae is freaking sad. Waking up in a car isn't personality either. So many gifs of Noctis just reacting without any unique personality whatsoever.

Then there actually are people who say stuff like: "Nah, Noctis fine just the way he is. He's just... y'know? He's not super expressive or tsundere or whatever like other JRPG characters. He's just... I can't explain but you know what I mean! It's refreshing to see a guy like him!" I've seen people say that when others say Noctis hasn't shown any personality.

KupoNut

Yeah, was talking about those areas.

There's also

"The struggle for the final Crystal is merely a prologue to the chronicles of a new era."
which I think is something that still applies and the whole Niflheim situation is just the start of the game with some bigger power lurking in the shadows.

Brentonp

E3 2013 was amazing. I remember getting home in just enough time for the start of the PS4 reveal and then from there well we know the rest.

I do hope they honor or acknowledge Nomura in some way other than Main Character Designer. i love the work Tabata has done but I am sad that Nomura never got to see this whole thing out. Wish they co-directed.. But oh well, I think Tabata has been doing a great job and it is just finally showing.

Must still suck for Nomura though seeing it in the hands of someone else.

I would love a re-release of the original trailers for the release of the game. And then a brand new launch trailer. Just sort of how far we have come type thing

What if Nomura gets removed from the FFVII remake and Tabata takes over haha

Boke1879

I still have no clue what this game is about.

I'm so excited.

After the last ATR I have a general idea of what is going on in the world, but yea. I really have no idea what the overall plot will be or what it will be become.

That may change when they go full on marketing mode though.

Squalor

After the last ATR I have a general idea of what is going on in the world, but yea. I really have no idea what the overall plot will be or what it will be become.

That may change when they go full on marketing mode though.
Not me. I'm going to stay in the dark.

Anyone else conflicted at the possible PC announcement?

I have a PS4 and gaming PC. Naturally I'd buy the PC version but this is one of the few games that I really want to have the "console experience" on. I unfortunately have no way of hooking up my PC to my living room TV and really want a retail copy, but if I get the console version instead it'd constantly bother me that I'm playing a technically inferior version just because I don't want to play it on my desk (which I typically never have a problem with--that's how I played Witcher 3 and countless other games and loved it).

It's weird. I never genuinely want "the console experience" with any other game regardless of genre but for some bizarre reason I'm conflicted here.

It was also more closely related to FNC mythology regarding Etro and the "light" seen by Noctis and Stella was, in fact, souls passing through Etro's Gate into the Unseen World. FFXV is no longer a part of FNC and will have its own world mythology unique to itself. There might be similar aspects, but we'll have to wait and see what was simply "name swapped". FNC's underlying plot had
Bhunivelze seeking a means to get into the Unseen World by sacrificing many people so that the mass of souls stretched Etro's Gate large enough so he could enter it. This might have some connection to what was happening in Versus, as it did in FFXIII and Type-0.
FFXV's greater concept deals with
the planet suffering from an ancient illness(Plague of the Stars) that only Luna(and other Oracles) can hold at bay. But the worse the planet gets, the longer the nights become until the world is shrouded in eternal darkness.
How they are made to relate to each other, or if they will ever relate at all has yet to be seen.

There's also

"The struggle for the final Crystal is merely a prologue to the chronicles of a new era."
which I think is something that still applies and the whole Niflheim situation is just the start of the game with some bigger power lurking in the shadows.

I think this too. Like every FF game, there's more than meets the eye.

Somebody's original character. That's fan art.

If I can recall, that art surfaced around the time Ignis and Gladiolus were shown, and is most definitely fan art. The first one seems to be an original character designed in faux-Versus XIII style.

theofficefan99

I have a question, has it been revealed if we'll be able to order more than one ticket? I have a friend who wants to come, but he'll be at work right when the tickets are up, and I really don't know how fast they'll go away.

That said, I should feel lucky that I live in LA.

Top Bottom