• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV release date reveal on March 30th in 6300 cp theater by Kinda Funny

Mortemis

Banned
Same. I really hope we see XVI presented to us by E3 2017. I can dream that it is this E3 but I think it will be all about XV and if we see XVI the soonest would probably be TGS

Unless it's coming in 2018 or 2019, they aren't. I doubt SE is gonna announce a new FF really early again. I expect at most 2 years before release.

Honestly, I don't expect to see another mainline FF this gen. The 7 remake will last us through this gen and into the next.

Unless it's coming in 2018 or 2019, they aren't. I doubt SE is gonna announce a new FF really early again. I expect at most 2 years before release.

Honestly, I don't expect to see another mainline FF this gen. The 7 remake will last us through this gen and into the next.

Well FF7R is being made by CyberConnect2 so totally different teams. I have a feeling that we will see another FF at the end of this console life

Bluenoser

Incoming "Holiday exclusive to Xbox one 2016". Oh fuck the internet would explode.

Not reading 11 pages to see if someone already said this.
Also j/k of course I don't think this will happen. But SE would be deluded enough to think it's a good thing that deserves an event

Koozek

That would be depressing. If they gave us the choice between a real FFVII remake and a new FF, I honestly could have done without the former as much as I was looking forward to it since Verendus started teasing it on GAF in 2013.

I don't think it'll be that long, though. FFVIIR is outsourced, mainly to CyberConnect2, and after hearing that FFXV has 9 Asian outsource studios helping out I could see them work with several ones for FFVIIR, too. Maybe each episode is worked on concurrently by different studios.

Toriyama's team, for example, hasn't announced what they are working on yet. I know it doesn't sound encouraging to hear his name, but at least it could mean that there's another FF in pre-production at least. Verendus knows and talked about it a few times since 2013.

Question. With FFXIV and Lightning Returns out relatively soon, will Square have more teams available for more work on SP FF games? I'd really like to see XV and XVI this gen, maybe even XVII if possible. I miss the days of having multiple totally unique FF games in one gen.
Already on the way. The concept of it is also quite unique. It will certainly be something that hasn't been done before in Final Fantasy, if they manage to accomplish it. I'd put it in the back of your mind for now though, as I would personally expect FF15 and KH3 to be out before it.

I knew of three. XV, another one which had a concept demo showcasing summons and traversal involving them and what I initially called FFXVI but now refer to as just another FF, and finally FF7. The middle one is what I assumed to be FFXVI or the next FF project beyond XV. This one comes out of nowhere. These spoilers are very detailed though. I'm hoping this is mobile, because if it's not, that means there is no FFXVI at the moment. There's no way SE can be doing this many big FF projects.

A lot of the FFs are a mash up in my eyes. Even IX which has the tone you're describing has airships and so on.

XVI will be the opposite of XIII though. It's not futuristic so you might get what you want with that.

Mediking

:) I'm glad you're enjoying the series so far. Just curious, but have you played Episode Duscae? If you haven't yet, I'd recommend it.

Anyways, I've been gaming since I was 3/4 years old due to my older brother. Though, I was never allowed to play the PS1 as a child since he was always afraid that I would break or lose the discs, haha.

It wasn't until 2004/2005 when I got into Sony. I was given a PS2 and played Kingdom Hearts a lot. So, I was familiar with the Final Fantasy characters, but I was never interested in the games until Versus XIII was originally announced.

I got into the series a few months afterwards. Started with my brother's copy of VII, and have loved the series ever since. :)

Oh, yeah!!! I forgot to mention it but I have the Day One Edition of Type-O HD so I have played Episode Duscae. I REALLY enjoyed it.

I'm also a huge Kingdom Hearts fan. Some of the best animated cutscenes and music in video games, yeah?

When I started going on gaming news online when I was a teenager, I immediately realized that people talked about developers when talking about games. I guess I was clueless and casual about that stuff. I never knew about Eiji Aonuma, Keiji Inafune, Tetsuya Nomura, and the list runs on. I eventually started figuring things out and learning about the gaming industry.

Then I realized the best genre of gaming... JRPG!!!!!!!!!!

Skip to a year ago and I stumbled upon Neogaf. I pretty much read comments from various people all the time and I really wanted to join. So I signed up then a few months ago... here I am.

There's alot more to my story but I don't wanna bore you to tears!

This makes a lot of sense. Wasn't it confirmed that a female summons Leviathan?

No it was speculated that Luna could summon her as well but I am not sure if that is the case. Here is some interesting stuff about Levi

Tabata revealed a new summon: Leviathan. A classic summoned creature from previous Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy XV's Leviathan is a female serpent who lives in the waters surrounding the city of Altissia. According to Tabata, she "has a lot of intellect" and can disguise herself and move around as a liquid. She was one of the first Eidolons designed for Final Fantasy Versus XIII/XV.

After Final Fantasy XV the fans will be divided I think there will be those who wont want another turned based FF and those who do, same as the resident evil series fans survival horror/tank controls vs Action survival horror.

Both of these Franchise need something like what happen to mega man and mega man X.

They should have kept the Final Fantasy versus name and continue with that series.

Mediking

After Final Fantasy XV the fans will be divided I think there will be those who wont want another turned based FF and those who do, same as the resident evil series fans survival horror/tank controls vs Action survival horror.

Both of these Franchise need something like what happen to mega man and mega man X.

They should have kept the Final Fantasy versus name and continue with that series.

I love turn based JRPGS and real time JRPGS like FF XV. Both are fine and can be really amazing when executed well.

SE has stated that turn based isn't dead after this. I think there is a place for both within the series. There also is Type-0 which Tabata says he wants to continue as a series and that is action combat so they could have that going with an ATB type system coming back with XVI or maybe they go full action. If Ito is the battle designer of the next game I am really curious what he is going to do next.

Mediking

SE has stated that turn based isn't dead after this. I think there is a place for both within the series. There also is Type-0 which Tabata says he wants to continue as a series and that is action combat so they could have that going with an ATB type system coming back with XVI or maybe they go full action. If Ito is the battle designer of the next game I am really curious what he is going to do next.

4TXBJJCGFFW2.jpg

MogCakes

Oh wow. So many "Sony are doomed!" comments. It feels like looking into a different world than now where I very much consider the PS3 the "winner" of last gen(at least in terms of exclusives that I liked).

The first half of 7th gen really was a completely different landscape.

KeRaSh

That would be depressing. If they gave us the choice between a real FFVII remake and a new FF, I honestly could have done without the former as much as I was looking forward to it since Verendus started teasing it on GAF in 2013.

I don't think it'll be that long, though. FFVIIR is outsourced, mainly to CyberConnect2, and after hearing that FFXV has 9 Asian outsource studios helping out I could see them work with several ones for FFVIIR, too. Maybe each episode is worked on concurrently by different studios.

Toriyama's team, for example, hasn't announced what they are working on yet. I know it doesn't sound encouraging to hear his name, but at least it could mean that there's another FF in pre-production at least. Verendus knows and talked about it a few times since 2013.

That last quote gets my hopes up that we'll see a SP FF game with a XI / XIV medievil fantasy style setting.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
We should have a section for listing how old we were versus (heh) how old we will be.

That alone is a crazy read.

I was 21.

I'll be 32 when it's released.

The fuck guys. Still just a kid to early middle age :p

Banned
17 years old about to turn 18 when Versus was announced. If it comes out after June 2016 (it will) I'll be 28. Smh.

Switched names.
Switched directors.
Switched platforms.
Switched battle system.

What a ride.

My prediction is the last Tuesday of September 2016.

September 20th, 2016 worldwide. Bow down to my clairvoyance.

chefbags

Was 13 when it was announced. It was the game I was looking forward to at the time and still do. So now 23 finally going to see the light at the end of this dark tunnel lol.

Go_Ly_Dow

Final Fantasy XV |OT| It's been a long time coming.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| A fantasy based on feedback.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| A fantasy based on reality.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| Nomura's greatest sacrifice.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| 10 years in the making.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| STELLLLLAAAA!!

Final Fantasy XV |OT| A fantasy based on Versus.

___

Some of the best ones I've seen before and could think of.

Koozek

These ones are top tier, but i still stand on my Final Fantasy XV |OT| Final Fantasy Versus XIII Remake :p

You forgot the "HD"! At least I remember that being in your original post yesterday or so. But "Remake" alone actually makes more sene if it's a play on FFVII Remake.

Top Bottom