• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Taipei Game Show 2015

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
What if I have a real low tolerance for MMORPG design? lol

I've never been a fan of MMO design but I really got into XIV.

But I've actually heard the "I don't like the car, I'm afraid they're trying to reach the GTA crowd" so many times.

Makes me roll my eyes, but it's definitely been said...

Welp.
Let's just hope Tabata doesn't take that too seriously because that's definitely the type of thing these developers should be ignoring from the fans. Fans don't know what they want and that should be the lesson Tabata takes away from having his team read the internet.

wmlk

I never said the the game wasn't always realism peppered with fantasy elements. I don't know why people keep saying that.

Well at least we agree that they different have different looks. I just find FF versus to have a much more coherent look to it.

I think the problem here is that people can easily grab examples of Versus XIII (like benzy did here) to prove how Versus XIII was always like this. It's just that the game has matured now.

But I've actually heard the "I don't like the car, I'm afraid they're trying to reach the GTA crowd" so many times.

Makes me roll my eyes, but it's definitely been said...

that is ridiculous that people actually think that... Just because there is a car.. wow lol

I think the problem here is that people can easily grab examples of Versus XIII (like benzy did here) to prove how Versus XIII was always like this. It's just that the game has matured now.

Yeah but I definitely do get that same kind of "weird" vibe from the picture here posted, just because it's kind of weird knowing it's FF, and knowing the elements that are in the same game with such realistic looking places.

Just in case people forgot (since I haven't said this in a while) I LOVE the vibe and it was one of the main reasons I was hyped for the game in the first place.

I just get that vibe way harder with the stuff we've seen from FFXV compared to the stuff we've seen from versus. It's weird in a way, but I see it as a type of stylization. It's very unique.

Well like I said way earlier, I'd probably be CRAP at explaining exactly why I feel that way about it, but my main point that I was trying to make is that I have been getting those vibes a lot stronger from FFXV compared to versus for various reasons, so I could kind of understand why people who followed versus would all of a sudden be bothered by the realistic tone that FFXV has shown off.

Ceravic

I've never been a fan of MMO design but I really got into XIV.

Welp.
Let's just hope Tabata doesn't take that too seriously because that's definitely the type of thing these developers should be ignoring from the fans. Fans don't know what they want and that should be the lesson Tabata takes away from having his team read the internet.

I love FFXIV, but I stopped playing it at 2.2 and the thought of dungeon grinding and catching up makes me log out pretty much as soon as I log on. I log on to do the story and Hildibrand when a new patch comes out then stop playing.

Then looking at stuff like this

vs

I feel like the look and feel of versus was more unified and coherent than the one of FFXV. Like I said, it could have a lot to do with graphical quality, but aside from that, versus's colors seemed to have more "pop" or saturation which I feel helped the realistic and unrealistic aspects blend in a more even way.

No you are definitely right, I've felt this way for a while. Versus was very dingey, yellow, and had this unifying grit texture like in the E3 2013 re-reveal trailer, and all those early examples you've shown. Everything so far in ff15 seems a little less textured and smooth, kind of lacking that gritty texture. Could be because of the director change, could be because of a different art director, could be because of a different team all together. Could also be because they are going for a different mood here. It's basically someones job to make sure it's unified, and I definitely think they can push that a little more in some places.

What's interesting is those versus shots, everything looks abandoned like it's been devoid of humans for a while, which is pretty cool, so maybe this is a different area in game, seems to be like a desert sand area. Duscae is putting off that vibe that humans have been inhabiting that area for a while, hence why the gas station is more lively, and it's more lush with grass and forests, I doubt the entire games landscape will be like that though.

Also I still really like the versus gas station.

45 Minutes till Tabata's Active Time Report "Page 3".. broadcasting a recap of the Taipei Game Show along with the final Type-0 HD trailer and hopefully some new FFXV info.

Crashinsid3

Neo Member
ZtQEmDp.png

Oh boy, that really must be the victory fanfare! HOLY SHIT!

Aww man I was hoping this was posted today. ... I suppose we did get that trailer yesterday though :p

Victory fanfare?... Ah that'd be an interesting way to implement something like it in a more seamless way.

It could be like FF XII, victory fanfare for the bosses.

Koozek

I guessing that's Shiva, that hand looks kinda feminine.

Hmm, but then it couldn't also be her in the snowy train scene, which they said was from the second half of the game. The Episode Duscae location doesn't really match her element, anyway, imo.

LeftImmediateButterfly.gif

I guessing that's Shiva, that hand looks kinda feminine.
Wasn't it said that summons will be different sizes? Maybe Shiva might be one of the smaller summons while Titan might be the biggest. Others like Ifrit and Bahamut might be in the middle. That hand, though, could probably be either a regular monster, a boss, or a summon.

Top Bottom