• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

Lucael

bro you have no idea what you are talking about, so please stop saying founded shit like this. not only does the comment make no sense(how is what they wear as a group related to characterization), but it makes claims that are absolutely wrong. All black is a fashion staple for all generations, not just the 90s.

Ok mate so we should expand this one. The idea of having a character dress in black with the purpose to making them looking "cool" was a trend already in 90s that now is, clearly, outdated. I'm talking about videogames, RPG and FF. See Squall in Final Fantasy VIII or Sephiroth in VII. The added "coolness effect" from black it's something old.

If you have played some FF you always know that often the character design matches -exactly- the character personality. Just for example, Vanille and Fang from XIII.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Please let there be a Collector's Edition. I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy

Of course it's going to be an SE Store exclusive

Gameplay looks good (although it has nothing with the originals Final Fantasy combat mode, but meh) and the enviroment looks gorgeous. But once again Nomura and SE are trying to pull a more like teenage "audience" to this, what, a game entitled as "Final Fantasy", because of those androgenic characters. I can't see a good variety of good characters into this party since Final Fantasy XIII-Versus (now called XV) was announced. Why there's no female character into this game? Or they should put also a old man character into the party just like in the gold era of Final Fantasy (not including FF VIII). What the big idea for putting a luxury car to explore the world? I hope that is not gonna be the only type of car that we will need to use, because if is, than SE lliterally made a "Jonas Brothers with swords" game.
I'm sorry, but for me Final Fantasy died more than a decade ago. Actually, Final Fantasy is still alive. They only entitled for a different name, and is Bravely Default.

To be honest, i'm glad this is nothing like Bravely Default. The game was pretty and fun for a while, but then it's just a clusterfuck until the end. The characters were really forgettable save for Edea and Ringabel, the job system is amazing but easily breakable, the OW is quite small and the dungeons are the same shit with different BG. Here we have the benefit of the doubt, we'll see how it fares after it's released.

I guess this whole criticism of the "all male" party is a replica of the "all female party" that was X-2, right? People just want the same game, the same characters, the same party configuration, always.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
No dood I was just jokin :)

Well your joke is totally off the mark.
I see a lot, and I mean A LOT of people in this very thread alone, not even speaking about other outlets such as Youtube where people tend to like show their lack of knowledge even more. Why are you making judgement about the whole game based on this ONE trailer alone when we know quite a bit from previous previews as well? And even though the game has been in development for so long, those still appear to be perfectly valid at least in judging of conceptual parts of the game, considering how everything they've shown and made seems to be sticking to their original proverbial guns completely in spirit and letter.
This trailer showed a lot of the road segment. All of this game must take place on the road!

muteki

When you pre-order... you win a NEW CAR!
km0uolK.jpg

cackhyena

To be honest, i'm glad this is nothing like Bravely Default. The game was pretty and fun for a while, but then it's just a clusterfuck until the end. The characters were really forgettable save for Edea and Ringabel, the job system is amazing but easily breakable, the OW is quite small and the dungeons are the same shit with different BG. Here we have the benefit of the doubt, we'll see how it fares after it's released.

I guess this whole criticism of the "all male" party is a replica of the "all female party" that was X-2, right? People just want the same game, the same characters, the same party configuration, always.
I want a mix of races. All boring ass looking humans perfectly done up, even the old men, looking like they're ready for some Japanese photo shoot is fucking boring. Game is gorgeous and they actually have me interested, but the party looks lame.

No...it actually has a story and from my knowledge a good motivation for their "road trip" as well. It's essentially about surviving a war, and chasing after a stolen crystal that belongs to Noctis's home nation.

Story is said to be simplistic as it is more about the characters, and exploration and gameplay.

That's what scares me the most. The characters look terrible, the world looks drab, and the gameplay looks like a slow version of Kingdom Hearts mixed with FFXIII.

Damnit Nomura. Damnit. They should've had Kitase do it. Ugh.

Christhor

A dull car ride is they can show of a game that been in development for almost a decade? Not exactly building up my hype here, guess I will have to go back to the FF games of the 90s and FF12 and try to forget there are newer FF games.

I want to know what kind of car rides you go on, if you consider the one in this trailer to be "dull".

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well your joke is totally off the mark.
I see a lot, and I mean A LOT of people in this very thread alone, not even speaking about other outlets such as Youtube where people tend to like show their lack of knowledge even more. Why are you making judgement about the whole game based on this ONE trailer alone when we know quite a bit from previous previews as well? And even though the game has been in development for so long, those still appear to be perfectly valid at least in judging of conceptual parts of the game, considering how everything they've shown and made seems to be sticking to their original proverbial guns completely in spirit and letter.
This trailer showed a lot of the road segment. All of this game must take place on the road!

People are allowed to react to what they are shown.

If you don't like it, feel free to leave the thread instead of insulting other members.

Timeaisis

+ Music
+ Battle system looks fun and dynamic
+ Pretty graphics
- Story doesn't seem interesting
- Characters are kind of meh

I'm not sure what this game's about. From the trailer, kind of looks like Final Fantasy: Road Trip. Not that it's bad or anything. I'm for a more simple story after the mess of FFXIII, I just still want a fantasy game.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People are allowed to react to what they are shown.

If you don't like it, feel free to leave the thread instead of insulting other members.

I'm not trying to insult anybody, sorry.
I'm just pleading for people to take a step back and take the full picture into the account.

cnorwood

Banned
Although this game is never going to come out and this trailer was just another tech demo, when I see games like this I really question people talking about diminishing returs

+ Music
+ Battle system looks fun and dynamic
+ Pretty graphics
- Story doesn't seem interesting
- Characters are kind of meh

I'm not sure what this game's about. From the trailer, kind of looks like Final Fantasy: Road Trip. Not that it's bad or anything. I'm for a more simple story after the mess of FFXIII, I just still want a fantasy game.

Honestly, just from this trailer, I think the characters seem more likable than the ones from FF13. I think the story will come along with time. Probably closer to when Type-0 comes out.

I want a mix of races. All boring ass looking humans perfectly done up, even the old men, looking like they're ready for some Japanese photo shoot is fucking boring. Game is gorgeous and they actually have me interested, but the party looks lame.

But don't we usually get a mix of races in RPGs? Why should it be some "golden rule" for the genre?

I guess it's all related to the kind of story they want to tell.

Tigress

Combat looks fun but the story doesn't seem to pull me in that trailer. I usually like FF for story. Still, it does in the end make me want the game. I just hope the story is more pulling in the game than it is in that trailer (yes, I know they didn't really show you much but I just got this vibe of why do I care about these characters or the story and is it really going to be one long road trip?).

hitsugi

It's finally feeling a little more real.. although the character we see here feels much different from what was shown 6 years ago

Damerman

yeah i was getting that vibe too.

all the characters wearing black seems kind of monotonous and uninteresting though....

I'm not understanding this criticism at all. Every one in the kingdom of Lucis wears black... and how is it that you ignored that Stella always wears white? did you not learn about motifs and symbolism in english class?

muteki

They've definitely toned down/eliminated the visual overload of special effects.

I kinda miss how things looked in last years trailer, I was much more impressed with it back then.

Not that this trailer is bad, any info is welcome, but definitely liked the other one better as a trailer.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Mixed feelings.

Everything looks amazing and I'm glad it finally exists....

...but boy band hair. -_-

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
They could have picked a better car though, nobody wanted an echo.

Still....Preordering a game to win a car still beats free costumes (that we removed from the main game) any day.

I'm not understanding this criticism at all. Every one in the kingdom of Lucis wears black... and how is it that you ignored that Stella always wears white? did you not learn about motifs and symbolism in english class?
I really appreciate how the clothes they wear show a certain theme/similarity while still being individually different. Like tailored uniforms, I guess. Works really well since they're somewhat mafia-like. Maybe people don't realize the creators are trying to create a mafia vibe. The all-black clothing just makes so much sense to me, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just realized how much they changed Prompto from the original.

Laaaame.

(Also yeah, the combat looks much clunkier than the 2013 trailer)

Some people complain for the sake to complain, sometimes we have to sit back and appreciate their vision even if it differs from our ideal FF game. By that I don't mean that we must accept any crap they throw at us, what I mean is let's just be more open minded and hell you might just enjoy the game for what it is. =]

What I want/takes from FFXV:
- good story the simpler the better.
- the characters I like what I've seen so far.
- Prince Noctis seems like a cool individual despite early trailers portrayed him differently.
- world looks diverse and insane ( I don't understand the coherent complaint, if all was grey people would jump on the complain wagon)
- it's a different take from the medieval FF I'm sure we'll return one day but I want this modern take.
- combat looks toned down(speed wise)but maybe that's a low level noctis cause in the new trailer he didn't have the spiral swords special. Either way fast combat or a bit slower no problem for me.

For one day I don't want to think anything negative nor argue and I hope my fellow gaffers think the same =] ily guys

Top Bottom