• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

What? I think your memory is iffy

It's not even close

Other than the lighting and character models it still looks completely in the realm of possibility for the PS3... just not as a game with massive open environments.

EDIT: For those confused the point of this post was to point out how stupid it was to say it looks like a PS3 game.

Quick question
zwId81X.jpg

Is Noctis smiling? If so he is already better than Lightning.

saher

Banned
yeah i was getting that vibe too.

all the characters wearing black seems kind of monotonous and uninteresting though....

Im getting Chrono Cross vibe, at first listening to this new song felt really weird because im used to them putting the same songs in the trailers for years.

UrbanRats

Other than the lighting and character models it still looks completely in the realm of possibility for the PS3... just not as a game with massive open environments.

Well lighting is a massive part of what makes computer graphics look good.
Saying "apart from lighting" is selling something very short.

So it could be on the PS3 if they removed what makes it look great as well as changed the game entirely, gotcha.

The point of my post is that the game couldn't be a PS3 game. I was being sarcastic and saying that it could totally be a PS3 game if you made it look way worse and/or smaller, that's why I had the ellipsis.

Damerman

Looks so good
but yeah, those Knights/space marines look out of place lol

its crazy how opinions differ on such a dynamic level. The first time i saw those knight like guys with guns, up until that trailer have excited the fuck out of my imagination. It's something i've never seen before. It's almost a form of steampunk. i love it. I hope we get to wear them at some point a la a new hope.

Looks great. I'm ready.

With the demo coming out in 6 months, maybe this means we'll start getting some (more) regular updates on the game? Is that reality too much of a fantasy?
If there is still controllable airship travel, that would be a great bomb to drop (with footage) at E3 2015, I think. ;)

In Tabata I trust.
Bring us home!

Lucael

I'm not understanding this criticism at all. Every one in the kingdom of Lucis wears black... and how is it that you ignored that Stella always wears white? did you not learn about motifs and symbolism in english class?

Noctis = Night = Black
Stella = Star= Light = White

Subtle symbolism indeed.

PS3 wouldn't run that much grass no way in hell

That is actually a camera trick. It's a common thing and games have been doing it for ages. When looking at the grass from the side it looks like there is a lot of it, but when viewing it from above you see that there isn't actually a whole lot, pay close attention to the trailer. Many last gen titles like Farcry 3 did the same thing. But my point was that this game doesn't look like a PS3 game.

Ah gotcha, sorry. My sarcasm detector was malfunctioning. :p

Sarcasm is a hard thing to read on the internet, I was hoping my sentence structure, what I said and the ellipse would give it away but
Aside from what makes it a thing impossible to be run on a PS3, it could totally could be on PS3, guys.

I guess I failed.

Quick question
zwId81X.jpg

Yes he is. And he was always better than lightning, anyway.

Also, that picture could be the promotional artwork for the demo, am i right?

It gives such a different vibe for the whole game, i really love it.

-Horizon-

Quick question
zwId81X.jpg

Toriyama resents that sentiment.

its crazy how opinions differ on such a dynamic level. The first time i saw those knight like guys with guns, up until that trailer have excited the fuck out of my imagination. It's something i've never seen before. It's almost a form of steampunk. i love it. I hope we get to wear them at some point a la a new hope.
I don't know. Maybe I just need to rewatch the trailer more.
For some reason I was ok with them, in I think it was the first trailer when it was still called Versus13 with Noctis fighting those knights outside the building.
But now that I'm seeing them more here, I don't know, the armor just seems to clash with the tech being used.
*shrugs* then again, the last time I watched that original trailer was ages ago lol

Asd202

Looks great. I'm ready.

With the demo coming out in 6 months, maybe this means we'll start getting some (more) regular updates on the game? Is that reality too much of a fantasy?
If there is still controllable airship travel, that would be a great bomb to drop (with footage) at E3 2015, I think. ;)

In Tabata I trust.
Bring us home!

Yeah. It's kinda ironic that "Versus time" will finally happen when Nomura is out of the project. At E3 2015 we should here about release window for the West.

Jigolo

What? I think your memory is iffy

It's not even close

The thing about sniper is that even though he said "people have to stop worrying about graphics and start enjoying the games like I did" (paraphrasing here) all he ever does when anything new is shown is wonder about textures, and what AA process they are using. Half the time I'm not even sure he knows what the hell he is saying himself. Best thing one could do is ignore.

Timeaisis

Honestly, just from this trailer, I think the characters seem more likable than the ones from FF13. I think the story will come along with time. Probably closer to when Type-0 comes out.

Yeah, they seem to be more likable characters than XIII, not that that says that much. Their character designs really grate on me, though. I hope there is character variety, they seem a little same-y to me at the moment.

Sakujou

Banned
this was not spectacular :( i wonder why people go crazy about this.

no AA, no magic, no story, NOTHING SPECIAL.

edit:

i fucking love yoko shimamura, and she did an awesome job in this trailer.

thats it.

Christhor

this was not spectacular :( i wonder why people go crazy about this.

no AA, no magic, no story, NOTHING SPECIAL.

edit:

i fucking love yoko shimamura, and she did an awesome job in this trailer.

thats it.

Nice edit, I was about to call you a monster for not liking Yoko Shimamura.

minty_jpg

Looks great. I'm ready.

In Tabata I trust.
Bring us home!

I honestly don't see us getting much information because they will probably be promoting/talking a lot about Type-0.

I wonder how long the demo is going to be. Hopefully it's as long as the FF XII demo that came packed with DQ VIII. From what I remember, that one wasn't too short.

Yeah, they seem to be more likable characters than XIII, not that that says that much. Their character designs really grate on me, though. I hope there is character variety, they seem a little same-y to me at the moment.

While they are way more into wearing black, I think they look more like actual people than they did in previous FF games.

I honestly don't see us getting much information because they will probably be promoting/talking a lot about Type-0.

I mean after type-0 releases in march I think the PR machine leading up to e32015 is going all in for FFXV since I still believe the game is releasing march 2016

Good point.

Well, hopefully from April 2015 until eventual release will be full-on FFXV concentration. :)
Then S-E can position KH3 to headline E3 2016... and drop a FFXVI (or VII:Re, lol) announcement, too.

I wonder how long the demo is going to be. Hopefully it's as long as the FF XII demo that came packed with DQ VIII. From what I remember, that one wasn't too short.

hopefully it offers us something to unlock like a secret movie for KH3 lol.

i'm not expecting much. maybe a short 1-2 hour demo if they include an amazing big boss fight though. i just want to see the menu. that's what i want. hopefully there's one lol.

minty_jpg

Good point.

Well, hopefully from April 2015 until eventual release will be full-on FFXV concentration. :)
Then S-E can position KH3 to headline E3 2016... and drop a FFXVI (or VII:Re, lol) announcement, too.

Yep. I don't see this game getting much promo before Type-0 besides some demo hype up.

E3 for them will probably be date for this (late this year) and KH3 trailer. No 16 for awhile since 15 will probably be a trilogy.

Sakura

Just watched the trailer, and while the gameplay looks cool, where are the girl party members at?
I don't want to be playing some FF made for fujoshi.

NimbusD

I haven't given a shit about anything FF related since maybe FF9. idk maybe FFCC if that counts. But got damn this game looks amazing. Like everything that I was looking forward to about Xenoblade Chronicles and then some (and then a lot, actually).

Consider me on board.

wmlk

Noctis actually seems like a likeable dude.

When's the last time a Final Fantasy had a likeable protagonist? FFIX? Yeah, has to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles is also the best thing to happen to JRPGs in a long, long time. This just proves it. Anybody who denies it now are just fooling themselves.

Yes he is. And he was always better than lightning, anyway.

Also, that picture could be the promotional artwork for the demo, am i right?

It gives such a different vibe for the whole game, i really love it.

Yeah, If remember correctly Nomura stated that Noctis, while having the look of a stereotypical brooding type character, he won't be like that at all. He will be kind of shy, and just act cool to hide off his shyness.

If anything, I imagine Noctis to be like the kind of people who, when they're around new people they don't know, act standoffish but when they are around their friends they are pretty lively and fun to be around.

Top Bottom