• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI demo spotted on PSN Store

Madflavor

Review copies might also be out based on some tweets:

Translation:

"Tomorrow two great gaming exponents of the year will be released (one that I will be playing for months at least) and this month we had a bomb from the big N. As if that wasn't enough, I tell you that another of the serious GOTY candidates is already being played. Yes, that one. The little game saved us in 2023."

Edit: On the Triple Click podcast, Jason Schreier confirmed review codes are out.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member

Translation:

"Tomorrow two great gaming exponents of the year will be released (one that I will be playing for months at least) and this month we had a bomb from the big N. As if that wasn't enough, I tell you that another of the serious GOTY candidates is already being played. Yes, that one. The little game saved us in 2023."

They are already playing the Review version?

Gudji

excited pumped up GIF by WWE

Madflavor

They are already playing the Review version?

Seems so. D4, TotK and SF6 are either out or embargo's have been lifted. So unless they're talking about Crash Team Rumble, it's FFXVI.

Edit: Literally just found out that on the latest Triple Click podcast, Jason Schreier confirmed the review codes are out.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

It never does.

Journos are afraid to lose privileges.
Bit of a contradiction no? Implying it won't review that well but stating journos won't review it badly? Both 13 and 15 reviewed low 80s, 7R didn't quite crack 90 despite the positivity. Journos havent been afraid to dish out the negative reviews this year or for FF in general.

If the disappointing and rather forgetful God of War Ragnarock is worthy of a 94-95 metacritic and the extra safe Resi 4 remake worth a 93, then from what we've seen and assuming it lives up to or exceeds the trailer then I don't see why this doesn't get a similar score. God of War Ragnarock discussion or nostalgia is virtually non existent post release and again didn't deliver the scale the series is known for. Resi 4 Remake good but arguably a step back from the original. Whilst I think this will be a worthy FF game and the best in a long time.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Both 13 and 15 reviewed low 80s
13 was released in an era that "japanese games were dead". There was a lot of propaganda against japanese games. (it was a bad game anyway)

Although FF15 didn't got stellar reviews, journos praised it for "catching up with modern standards". Which is what Squeenix marketing wanted in the end.

7R didn't quite crack 90 despite the positivity
How is 87 bad for that crappy game? The Witcher 3 has 92 overall.
It just proves my point.

13 was released in an era that "japanese games were dead". There was a lot of propaganda against japanese games. (it was a bad game anyway)

Although FF15 didn't got stellar reviews, journos praised it for "catching up with modern standards". Which is what Squeenix marketing wanted in the end.

How is 87 bad for that crappy game? The Witcher 3 has 92 overall.
It just proves my point.

Do you like any games party pooper?

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

Translation:

Edit: On the Triple Click podcast, Jason Schreier confirmed review codes are out.

I wanna have an orgasm 🥹

H4ze

Ok ok I’ll preorder it. Jesus, not like I didn’t have anything to play (he says with D4 and SF6 sitting on the SSD).

Then why for christ sake, would you preorder it. Shit like that is part of what's fucking up the developing process...

Btt: Can't wait to get my hands on it!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The good version of the meme

697.jpeg

I think people perceive just how often you wish to partake in intelligent debates related to one specific topic, anytime it shows up, like a bloodhound, as perhaps....stirring the shit for the sake of spreading the aroma. Keep in mind I don't give a fuck, regardless. Keep doing whatever you're doing, you're the best you that anyone can be and all that good shit

Top Bottom