• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Leaked Earlier

well, shit...
I'll say it again fellas, 30fps, on an OLED is no good, this needs a 40fps mode for those with OLED tvs.

I found the demo performance to be absolutely horrible , I'm actually amazed that no big sites reported this and that most people in here are all "it runs fine" - it really, really doesn't, performance mode is absolute dog shite and the quality one due to it being 30fps feels bad on OLED.

It's FF15 all over again - a game which had to be played on a mid-gen refresh console as to have it running properly (and even then it had about 3 gfx modes which were all unstable fps wise).

The PS5 Pro can't come soon enough, also, I shouldn't have gotten an OLED, 30fps is playable on a LED, not so much on an OLED though...
Is this a real thing? I played it on an LG OLED C2 on quality and it looked perfectly fine to me - only problem I had was the motion blur around the characters.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Is this a real thing? I played it on an LG OLED C2 on quality and it looked perfectly fine to me - only problem I had was the motion blur around the characters.

Baldu, people will tell you that it's "fine" and that it's only "us anal" people that have a problem with it.

I'm also on a C2 and 30fps modes on an OLED make me literally nauseous, if you don't see it /can't perceive it it's fine and be glad that it is so, for me though, since I got my C2 last December, 30fps modes are a no-go, and this comes.from a guy that didn't have any problems whatsoever playing 30fps games on a Plasma HDTV...

It is what it is, it's the near instant, sample and hold tech of OLEDs that exposes the shortcomings with 30fps content (and 24fps for films also).

Basically, you're either sensitive to it or not, for me, 30fps feels like a slide-show on OLED no matter the amount of in-game motion-blur.

Be thankful that you're not sensitive to it 'cause once once you start to see it you can't go back/unsee it...

Cheers

PS : 40fps modes are the "30fps of yore" for those on an OLED display, basically, it doesn't give the impression of +10fps but it makes the games supporting it feel like the "normal" 30fps that everyone is used to, it sounds weird but I can't explain it differently.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
People thinking the full game will suddenly have a massive performance gain are delusional, you really think that would release a demo if it was a far inferior version of the final game?
I dunno, Zelda got a pretty significant boost between review code and day 1 patch. I’m cautiously optimistic. I don’t think we’ll get a 40hz mode like we should but I’ll stick with it either way. I won’t have the patience to wait for the PC release after that demo

Baldu, people will tell you that it's "fine" and that it's only "us anal" people that have a problem with it.

I'm also on a C2 and 30fps modes on an OLED make me literally nauseous, if you don't see it /can't perceive it it's fine and be glad that it is so, for me though, since I got my C2 last December, 30fps modes are a no-go, and this comes.from a guy that didn't have any problems whatsoever playing 30fps games on a Plasma HDTV...

It is what it is, it's the near instant, sample and hold tech of OLEDs that exposes the shortcomings with 30fps content (and 24fps for films also).

Basically, you're either sensitive to it or not, for me, 30fps feels like a slide-show on OLED no matter the amount of in-game motion-blur.

Be thankful that you're not sensitive to it 'cause once once you start to see it you can't go back/unsee it...

Cheers

PS : 40fps modes are the "30fps of yore" for those on an OLED display, basically, it doesn't give the impression of +10fps but it makes the games supporting it feel like the "normal" 30fps that everyone is used to, it sounds weird but I can't explain it differently.
I see, damn I guess I’m just not sensitive to it - I can notice when they add frames to movies tho that’s a major issue I have with new tvs, Oled seems to be better with it tho.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
People getting the game before me?
giphy.gif
According to SE’s Tweet. They’re investigating it. I wonder if they ever call the store that sold the game early and say, “that was the last video game you’ll ever sell”.

Krathoon

I wonder how they penalize shops if they release too early.

The release date is getting pretty close. June 26th.

Last edited:
I already have the game. I'm about 5 hours in so far
Has the game opened up at the point you are at? I'm trying to find out if you are able to go from one area to the next without having to teleport back to the Hideaway (hub) each time (but I'm guessing the hub is probably not even unlocked for you at this point).

Krathoon

I hope my peni... my copy leaks early.
I've taken 22-23.06 off from work. Boss asked if it is important... WELL HELLL YEAH OF COURSE "IVE GOT STUFF TO DO"
It makes you what to say:
"HEY! IT IS F**CKING FINAL FANTASY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Has the game opened up at the point you are at? I'm trying to find out if you are able to go from one area to the next without having to teleport back to the Hideaway (hub) each time (but I'm guessing the hub is probably not even unlocked for you at this point).
Yes, you can go from one area to the next with out returning to the hub but it's all fast travel so far. it's not like in FF12 where you continuously run from town to town on foot. Atleast so far anyway, you just fast travel to the next location

Yes, you can go from one area to the next with out returning to the hub but it's all fast travel so far. it's not like in FF12 where you continuously run from town to town on foot. Atleast so far anyway, you just fast travel to the next location
I see, I was suspecting that... thank you.

Ronin_7

Banned
I think the game is area based with big ass places to explore.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I read all the potential spoilers and I don’t honestly feel spoiled. It’s like being filled with fan theories because I don’t honestly know if they’re real or not. I’m not in the heavy narrative mood. I’m in the kicking butt with stylish moves kind of mood.

I still wouldn’t want to see anything. I’m ignoring those “let’s play” and “boss” videos on YouTube whenever they pop up for views.

Last edited:

Hugare

Are you enjoying it?

Is the story good so far?

Flabagast

Is the story as good as the demo promises ?

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just got my shipping notice WEDNESDAY suck it haters, I'm gonna be playing this like 6 hours early

EDMIX

People getting the game before me?
giphy.gif

lol I'm out here trying to training new employees, finish 4 exams and finish Hogwarts and Dead Island 2 in a week....

I don't know if I got it early, if I'd even have any time to even do much with it....soon.

GHG GHG Same. I won't watch the demo, won't play it, won't watch previews, I want all my first impressions to be when I'm playing it.

I'll likely do the same with Starfield and start a media blackout, I've seen enough for the purchase lol

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's better, I'm hooked. The other final fantasy games took a while for the story to bring me in but this one gets going right from the start (where you start after the demo)
What’s bad about it? It has to have flaws. Which usually show up once everyone has their copy.

Puscifer

So here's the thing, you have to be sensitive to this for it to matter. Same thing with 60fps, you'll need 80fps for it to feel as smooth because of that instant response time.

That being said, I can't notice it *personally* but it's common enough that it's worth talking about. Micro stutter at high framerates was something I couldn't tell was happening till I used a gsync monitor all the way back in 2015.

If you don't notice it, don't go looking for it because then it'll be something you'll be looking for a solution for.

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Agree with 30FPS/graphics mode in this game being horrible on an OLED (am on a G2). Before purchasing OLEDs I was very very content with 30FPS, hell even worse performance didnt bother me. But on OLEDs its a different story. Even then it depends on game to game. Horizon forbidden west felt OK, God of war ragnarok felt great and FF16 seems horrible on graphics modes. Its so weird.

Last edited:
So here's the thing, you have to be sensitive to this for it to matter. Same thing with 60fps, you'll need 80fps for it to feel as smooth because of that instant response time.

That being said, I can't notice it *personally* but it's common enough that it's worth talking all. Micro stutter at high framerates was something I couldn't tell was happening till I used a gsync monitor all the way back in 2015.

If you don't notice it, don't go looking for it because then it'll be something you'll be looking for a solution for.
I’ve actually tried to notice it and strangely have not noticed at all. The idea that the 30FPS mode in this game is worse than others actually baffles me - cus I’m on a LG OLED C2 and just played thru burning shores at 30 and that I actually could kinda tell. Maybe I’m just more used to it now cus I haven’t played a 60 FPS game in awhile

sigmaZ

I can't stop playing, I need sleep. It's the best story they've done so far. I've played final fantasy IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII, XI, XV. This is the one that's had me hooked in so much. Like right from the beginning. It's very mature
Can you confirm if there are mammaries?

Aenima

Just got a text message from the post office to let me know they delivering the game tomorrow (1 day earlier)

giphy.webp

Top Bottom