• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI Leaked Earlier

Fools idol

Banned
just completed the main story. Took around 36 hours give or take 2-3 hours lost from a crash.

Game runs very well, overall story was the best since FF9 imho. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Combat is not really to my taste but it works for the game, they really polished the action based elments after FF7 remake.

Highlight of the game for me was the soundtrack. Absolutely great stuff.

8/10 for me.

Hugare

just completed the main story. Took around 36 hours give or take 2-3 hours lost from a crash.

Game runs very well, overall story was the best since FF9 imho. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Combat is not really to my taste but it works for the game, they really polished the action based elments after FF7 remake.

8/10 for me.
What kept you from giving it a 9-10?

Buggy Loop

the combat system is passable at best. Gameplay loop is kind of generic. story also a little run of the mill despite being well presented and produced.

Is there a shitload of cutscenes? It was rumoured to be like ~11h cutscenes, that’s too much for a 36h game

Hugare

the combat system is passable at best. Gameplay loop is kind of generic. story also a little run of the mill despite being well presented and produced.
Oh man, I couldnt disagree more with your opinion about the combat after playing the demo

So maybe our opinions differ too much.

Glad that you enjoyed it anyway

GreyHand23

Oh man, I couldnt disagree more with your opinion about the combat after playing the demo

So maybe our opinions differ too much.

Glad that you enjoyed it anyway
Yeah the fact that he thinks the combat is passable also tells me that my opinions probably diverge too greatly from his to take his assessment of the game too seriously.

vpance

8/10 for me.

How's the open world? Just small hub areas traveled to via the map I guess?

I just received my physical copy of FFXVI. Seems the retailers have been shipping them out early. This is even better than paying extra money for "early access" of a digital game lmao

Schmendrick

My physical copy seems to be one day early, too. A shame that I'll still have no time to play till the weekend at the earliest....

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What do you think your NG+ time to beat will be?

How much time do you think there is with just cutscenes?

Last edited:

8/10 for me.
Good to hear that it can be completed in that time. I want to get to New game + hard mode asap.

Last edited:

wvnative

8/10 for me.

Just one question I want answered.

Are there segments with other playable characters or was Joshua in the demo a one time deal? If so, who all can you play as?

Top Bottom