• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL PS5 Price Prediction Thread

What will be the price of the PS5 and the PS5 All Digital?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Physical $499 to match Xbox, digital $399 to make it attractive next to both the physical PS5 and the XSS (pay just $100 more and get a proper next gen console).

SonicJams

Marketed as a premium console with high confidence in games, so I reckon $549 with $449 for digital.

$100 less for digital to encourage this as the way forward.

Physical: $500-550 - either matching the XSX or being slightly more expensive due specifically to cutting edge SSD and cooling solution
Digital: $450-500 - I could see the digital being $100 cheaper than the physical but I'm going with my gut and I'll think they'll do it $50 cheaper with perhaps some added benefits like PSN included or something.

BootsLoader

Banned
For gods sake.....please stop.....I can’t take this anymoreee.....my final drops of blood are burning, the final cells of my brain are thirsty for info.....I see PS5 thread and I click....please just wait for the event.

Kamina

Golden Boy
449 - 499 Physical
399 - 449 Digital

Anything else is unrealistic. They wont go above 500, and wont be able to go below 400.

Edit: and fucking stop with the 350 / 500 bullcrap. There is no chance that Physical and Digital are 150 bucks apart.

Last edited:

DonF

They shouldn't price the disc version higher than the series x. I bet it will be $499 and $399.
They can't compete with the series S at $299 but will try their hardest with the all digital. Maybe adding a year of plus to give the disc- less more value and introduce people to digital only. Maybe even a instant game collection like the good old ps3 days.

Last edited:

TimFL

$399 / $499

I don‘t see them doing $449 for the physical one because, imho, Sony can be confident in going toe to toe with the X due to their exclusives lineup.

$399 for digital because $449 is a joke discount if all that‘s missing is the drive and the SSD sizes being the same.

Sony gets $6-7 more per full price game bought digitally instead of physical, and for first party games it's more like $20 extra per game. I'm guessing with the DE at $399 they will take a loss on each console for the first 1-1.5 years. Most people buying a console that early will likely buy the equivalent of at least 10 full price games over the console's lifetime. So that's $60-70 extra for Sony and potentially much more with a few first party games in there. Then they save maybe $20 on blu-ray hardware. And the benefits of no second hand sales is also worth quite a bit to them.

The rub of course is that some buyers will have bought all their games digitally anyway, but I think there are enough benefits to compensate for that, and $399 is clearly the magic number that Sony wants.

Texas Pride

Banned
I've been team $399 DE /$499 Base. But now I'm thinking $499 could end up $450. IF Sony wants to kill MS off for good they go big balls bold to the tune of $300 DE /$400 Base. Depends on if they're willing to lose that much now to run MS out sooner than later. Short term loss for long term gain is a winning strategy.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I say $499 and $450. Just because this is where it makes the most sense to be, and based on what we know about the specs and components. The reality could be different, however.

If they hit $400 with one model, this forum will be wrecked, lol.

Matsuchezz

Did not Sony upped the production to bring productions costs down? I think they will eat some loss but not a big loss, they will eat distribution costs and they will break even in manufacturing costs.
I am expecting $450 for PS5 PE, and $400 DE.

GreatnessRD

PS5 Digital $450
PS5 Disk $550

Because I believe Sony has taken a shot of

tumblr_nvu9kusNJC1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

slade

My hopes and dreams 349/399.

Reality - 449/499

At this point, I hope we can split the difference and come in at 449/399. C'mon Sony....
th

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think it's going to be $399/$499, but Sony was probably planning something like $449/$499 until the Series S.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Physical: $499,90
Digital: $399,90

And then Microsoft drops the price to
Series X: $399,90
Series S: $199,90

I agree with this as a real possibility, however with the physical at $449.

However it is more likely $449/$499

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
$449 for digital only version, and $499 for physical.

THEAP99

Banned
The PlayStation 5 Digital Edition will be launching this November for a whopping total of $399.

The PlayStation 5 Standard Edition will be launching this November for a whopping $500.

I do not know if Sony is going to be doing a monthly finance plan or something like that. Do you guys think they will?

JLB

Banned
I've already got right both Xbox Prices, let see if I get these two as well:

PS5DE: 449
PS5: 499

Last edited:
Top Bottom