• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XVII - 2014 Fighting Game Tournament - March 14th - 16th

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It doesn't mater. I just think they could have handled the whole thing a lot better and with a lot more hype.

Every thread on GAF about the fifth character is filled with negativity. From plenty of non FGCT people, too.
I was just reading through a bunch of the threads yesterday too as I was looking for the name of Sakura's friends which I forget, and I disagree. It's all speculation. There will always be people who get upset that they don't get what they want when they want even though it makes little sense in the current situation to announce it so early. The fact that the 5th character has kept people, including those who dropped SF4 a while ago, interest in another SF4 update this long is a testament to how well it's built interest alone.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Isn't the "It's Decapre" talk built SOLELY on people assuming it's the easiest route for Capcom to take? Were there ever any hints/leaks/rumors that added to that speculation beyond people just assuming the worst and running with it?

Female/speedy/disappointment/comicbook related/shown in games, but never actually playable.

I was just reading through a bunch of the threads yesterday too as I was looking for the name of Sakura's friends which I forget, and I disagree. It's all speculation. There will always be people who get upset that they don't get what they want when they want even though it makes little sense in the current situation to announce it so early. The fact that the 5th character has kept people, including those who dropped SF4 a while ago, interest in another SF4 update this long is a testament to how well it's built interest alone.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think people are more hyped about changes to their characters and the edition select than the fifth character.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Isn't the "It's Decapre" talk built SOLELY on people assuming it's the easiest route for Capcom to take? Were there ever any hints/leaks/rumors that added to that speculation beyond people just assuming the worst and running with it?
She fits well with all of the hints thus far, and is also one of the more prominent characters from the UDON comics/storylines.

She fits well with all of the hints thus far, and is also one of the more prominent characters from the UDON comics/storylines.

Yeah, but doesn't that basically apply to all the Dolls?

edit: or are you saying because she's the doll most prominent in the comics, that's why people are assuming it's her as opposed to any of the others?

Duxxy3

Spooky casts all weekend without any issues.

Haunts casts for a couple hours, everything is fucked.

Man #fuckhaunts

lakitu_s_technical_difficulties_by_bizmark_ribeye-d5xxva8.png

Dahbomb

OK so? This is besides the point, shotos are considered characters with dragon punches and fireballs, if you actually sit back and look at the cast there's a ton of characters that could be considered shotos.

Guile has some normals that can go through projectiles and his normals are insanely good, which is the tradeoff for having to charge. Still has the basic shoto game plan though.
This is what people think of when they mean Shotos:

*Not a charge character.
*Hadoken/Fireball
*Dragon Punch
*Spin kicks special

Personally I don't care about the definition, you can call a character whatever you want. I think people just want an interesting character... not a generic character with palette swap moves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, but doesn't that basically apply to all the Dolls?

edit: or are you saying because she's the doll most prominent in the comics, that's why people are assuming it's her as opposed to any of the others?
She's one of the most prominent dolls. I don't think we have enough information period to say that one character is more likely than the others though, and there's no indication that just because a character is more prominent in the comics that they are more likely to be included in the game either.

Doesn't fit that old leaked silhouette, though.
Neither does any female. It's a generic silhouette.

Top Bottom