• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round XVII - 2014 Fighting Game Tournament - March 14th - 16th

MrDaravon

Right next to AE on the Twitch app (which only has ~200 total viewers since CapcomFighters is down right now) someone is livestreaming a speedrun of FF6, there goes my evening. Fuck.

Marz

Dan isn't a shoto either. He is Sakyio.

And Sakura and Gouken play very differently from "traditional" shotos

Yea, this shoto are generic opinion just reeks of stream monster opinion to me.

If you actually play the game, all of the "shotos" have vastly different play styles.

Ryu is footsie based

Akuma is setup/vortex based

Sagat is a zoning character

Oni is rushdown

Evil Ryu has massive damage

Etc.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Catching up.
That last match no sense what so ever.

I mean Champ getting caught with side exchange? That last 20 seconds of doom vs doom...
Champ tends to expect anti-Phoenix TAC-XF-TAC. It was a smart play on Schedule's part.

Too bad it ended the way it did.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yea, this shoto are generic opinion just reeks of stream monster opinion to me.

If you actually play the game, all of the "shotos" have vastly different play styles.

Ryu is footsie based

Akuma is setup/vortex based

Sagat is a zoning character

Oni is rushdown

Evil Ryu has massive damage

Etc.

Yup, all true. I'm not talking about any of that. I'm talking about the large amount of characters who have the fireball/dragon punch/hurricane kick movesets, in all their variations. I'd prefer to see a new character that doesn't come from this mold.

If the fifth character isn't Rufus in drag I'll be pretty disappointed.

I'd also really like to see Necro in Street Fighter IV; he'd be great in a game without parries. Might as well add every character there's ever been before moving on to SFV.

Top Bottom