• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Uncharted 4 Trailer

I wasn't going to watch it if it was a full-fledged trailer, so I'm cool with a TV ad.

It was a really good one too, there's a small clip in there where it looks like Nate is jumping between pirate ships that stuck out for me. May 10th can't get here fast enough!

Gothos

That's it? LOL. It surely isn't the last trailer. I'm fully expecting proper launch trailer closer to the release.

Rainer70

That was great. The length was perfect, definitely don't want to see too much since the game is so close to releasing. Also perfect length for TV, will definitely air @ night on Comedy Central (about the only network and time I see game ads).

Glad it was a nice short little trailer, don't want to spoil the game too much. Looks like it'll involve pirate treasure stuff, which is awesome, I love that period and Black Flag was one of my favorite games. I wonder if Sir Francis Drake will still be a motivator, or if UC3 finished that thread.

Just recently (like 2 weeks ago) finished Uncharted 3 for the first time, doing a month long play through of UCC. Loved every minute of it, well except the times when the camera would suddenly switch and I'd leap to my death the wrong way. I have just enough time to go through and finish up getting the plat for 1 & 2, already got it for 3.

Got the CE on pre order, can't wait to play. Looking forward to multiplayer mode too, enjoyed the small taste I got in the beta.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
15 more days!!!

Looks to be the most varied of the series with all the set pieces/environments, and this is only a slice.

Jackshun

Banned
The art and technical ability of this looks amazing. As a cg artist my one critique is that all of the characters have the same eyes. Modeling faces is very difficult and you can see that the artist has the same eye technique and bone structure for every character. They all have Nathan Drake's eyes. It is like looking at a big family album as if they were all related. Even the ladies have his eyes.

It is a really difficult thing to do so this is not a harsh critique, it is just noting that we are a long way from photoreal.

Boke1879

Man, Uncharted has a history of great launch trailers. This wasn't a launch trailer in that legacy, though I guess it would be too early for that despite this being called a "final trailer". Hopefully we'll see another one in the next couple of weeks that better fits the series' pedigree.

To be honest I don't think we need to see anymore. We've had plenty of trailers that depict the tone of this game. A Launch trailer I'd assume would just show much of the same footage as previous trailers.

If anything after this we'll probably get more MP info.

ironcreed

Banned
bafwya.gif

giphy.gif

FATALITY

Banned
The art and technical ability of this looks amazing. As a cg artist my one critique is that all of the characters have the same eyes. Modeling faces is very difficult and you can see that the artist has the same eye technique and bone structure for every character. They all have Nathan Drake's eyes. It is like looking at a big family album as if they were all related. Even the ladies have his eyes.

It is a really difficult thing to do so this is not a harsh critique, it is just noting that we are a long way from photoreal.
Confusedtravolta.gif

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
The people wanting a 3 minute spoiler trailer 2 weeks before the game launches are fuckin nuts imo. This is a perfect tease, loved it!

And is it me or did the gfx get a boost?

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
OK, caved and watched it. Shivers down my spine. The expressions and motion on Nates brothers face when he talks was incredibly convincing.

Venuspower

Can't wait to get my hands on that game ^__^
Still remember when they showed their first teaser at PS4 Launch Event back in 2013.

I don't give two fuck about spoilers in video games, but why are people saying no spoilers. there are a shit ton of spoilers in this thing. (Disclaimer: didn't see a lot of the previous trailers so I don't know if the spoilers are new or not. I guess they are because the trailer is suppose to focus on new stuff, right? either way, SPOILERS).

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Same people complaining about the trailer being too short, are the same people who would complain if it was longer talking about how they're spoiling the game.

Boke1879

I don't give two fuck about spoilers in video games, but why are people saying no spoilers. there are a shit ton of spoilers in this thing. (Disclaimer: didn't see a lot of the previous trailers so I don't know if the spoilers are new or not. I guess they are because the trailer is suppose to focus on new stuff, right? either way, SPOILERS).

IT shows a few new scenes, but we have no idea the context. That's not a spoiler.

Man are you finish or are you done?

Top Bottom