• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finland seems like a cool place even more now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desty

Banned

I don't understand how all these hot chicks end up in Finland. Like it is cold most of the time. How does this happen?

6a00d8341c4f0953ef01676922d61e970b

iJudged

Banned
Is Iceland in any way a descendant from any Scandinavian countries? I want to go to Iceland, Finland and Greenland.

iJudged

Banned
Those pictures represent what an average Finn looks like. I'm willing to bet most of us Finns posting in this forum looks somewhat along those lines.

It's the dark winters and wide spread alcoholism that does it.
You're a Sweed ain't ya? SPEAK IT!

SBH

Of course! Also the communal/family sauna. i've heard kids dress up in druid costumes in EASTER. I'm also under the impression than Finland doesn't have a lot of poulation density so I imagine landscape to be houses or settlements kms away from each other. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You think it's weird that naked people stay together in sauna while hitting themselves with birch branches? I guess it's understandable.

The easter thing like before mentioned is witches, not druids. Here is a pic of me as a kid on easter:

There are places where that density thing is real, but people have moved a lot to cities as the agricultural occupations have lessened. 1/5 of finnish people live in the Helsinki metropolitan area.

I used to live in Vantaa that's a city next to Helsinki, but now I live in a small village that only has 1300 people. Sometimes when you grow older you need the peace.

MrKnives

That's cool. :)
Are you in Finland atm? How is the weather and life there? If Sweden, Finland and Norway went into war, who would dominate? What's the common dish? Sorry...

In Finland right now.
Weather is horrible. Temperature hovers around 0 celsius so sometimes it's minus degrees and windy so it's super cold.
Another day it's on the plus side and it's raining and everything is wet.

Someone more Finnish can answer about war and common dishes. Finns aren't known for their food.

Jasup

That's cool. :)
Are you in Finland atm? How is the weather and life there? If Sweden, Finland and Norway went into war, who would dominate? What's the common dish? Sorry...

I'm in Finland. It's cold, snowy and dark.. very dark, I have less than 5 hours of daylight a day and over 19 hours of darkness - and it's still getting darker. Sweden, Finland and Norway would never go into war, it'd be bad for the Ikea in Haparanda. And the common dish depends on where you are, but unless you live in near the Russian border it'll be quite fishy, or reindeery.

icy_eagle

Tell me moar!

Really simplifying here but, 'vikings' from norway headed away from norway to obtain their own land, had a pitstop in ireland, kidnapped some people as slaves and ended up finding Iceland.

So most Icelander's ancestry can be traced back to norway / ireland

jerry1594

Tell me moar!
Iceland was uninhabited until Norsemen found the island and settled it in the 8th century, so Icelanders, Danes, Swedes and Norwegians are all descended from the Norse. Old Norse is the common ancestor to Icelandic, Danish/Swedish/Norwegian but aside from Faroese Icelandic is the closest related language to Old Norse.
ЯAW;91892209 said:
No more then rest of the world.
True

Kassu

Banned
Don't be fooled by the weather in Helsinki, it's nothing compared to the rest of the Finland. I'm living about in the middle of the Finland and there is snow, darkness and trees everywhere and no signs of civilisation. Visiting Rovaniemi during the winter is also quite interesting experience.

Also if Sweden-Gaf has their own thread in community why can't Finland have one too? Seems like there are enough Finns here and we're the best part of Scandinavia anyway.

Don't be fooled by the weather in Helsinki, it's nothing compared to the rest of the Finland. I'm living about in the middle of the Finland and there is snow, darkness and trees everywhere and no signs of civilisation. Visiting Rovaniemi during the winter is also quite interesting experience.

Also if Sweden-Gaf has their own thread in community why can't Finland have one too? Seems like there are enough Finns here and we're the best part of Scandinavia anyway.

No one has bothered to make one. =D

Jasup

Also if Sweden-Gaf has their own thread in community why can't Finland have one too?

No voishan meillä olla paikka missä ollaan virallisesti puhumatta toisillemme. Mutta ihan aikuisten oikeasti: suomalaiset ja kevyt keskustelu...

Koitin viime viikonloppuna smalltalkia, puhuin itsemurhista lähipiirissä. Aihe ei uponnut kovin hyvin.

Woorloog

Banned
No voishan meillä olla paikka missä ollaan virallisesti puhumatta toisillemme. Mutta ihan aikuisten oikeasti: suomalaiset ja kevyt keskustelu...

Koitin viime viikonloppuna smalltalkia, puhuin itsemurhista lähipiirissä. Aihe ei uponnut kovin hyvin.

I wonder whether there are any stereotypes in Europe and the rest of world regarding Finns and smalltalk.

Tacitus_

In Finland right now.
Weather is horrible. Temperature hovers around 0 celsius so sometimes it's minus degrees and windy so it's super cold.
Another day it's on the plus side and it's raining and everything is wet.

Someone more Finnish can answer about war and common dishes. Finns aren't known for their food.

Super warm for the season, mind you. Last year it was -20C around this time.

Do it so I can read your bizarre language.

Tyhjästä on paha nyhjäistä.

No mutta internetissä se on edes hieman helpompaa !

ЯAW

Banned
I would be up for a Finnish OT. There's surprising many of us here.
Voitas oikeen porukalla puhua säästä! Ei vaan, kyllä sitä juttua irtoaisi. Keva bonuksista aina sinne rakennuspaketin leikkauksiin...

Tai sit puhutaan tärkeistä asioista, eli itse Poskesta.
13v4l4K.jpg

Tacitus_

ЯAW;91895845 said:
Voitas oikeen porukalla puhua säästä! Ei vaan, kyllä sitä juttua irtoaisi. Keva bonuksista aina sinne rakennuspaketin leikkauksiin...

Tai sit puhutaan tärkeistä asioista, eli itse Poskesta.
13v4l4K.jpg

Kuka vattu toi on.

Kassu

Banned
Mediahype tuota keikkaa kohtaan on naurettavaa jo nyt, onneksi olen varmaan armeijassa itse keikan aikoihin niin ehkä onnistun jotenkin välttymään asiasta kuulemiselta.

ЯAW

Banned
Ai se räpperi... mikäsenniminyolikaan, cheek? Räppi kiinnostaa vähän ja suomiräppi vielä vähemmän.
Turha taistella vastaan. Cheek mania vie sutkin, ennemmin tai myöhemmin.
4yGJEqm.jpg

Vois varmaa men nukkuu, et pääsee töihinki huomenna. Pistäkää suomi thread mietintään.

Joo ei sillä että itsekkään kuuntelisin, mutta kaipa siitä joku pitää kun stadikan myi täyteen ja nyt porukka myy aikamoisella profikalla noita lippuja huuto.netissä. Vain elämää teki aika hyvää Cheekin uralle...

Jasup

Mediahype tuota keikkaa kohtaan on naurettavaa jo nyt, onneksi olen varmaan armeijassa itse keikan aikoihin niin ehkä onnistun jotenkin välttymään asiasta kuulemiselta.

Toinen tapa välttyä asian kuulemiselta on sitten lie vanhentua, olen autuaan tietämätön kaikesta tällaisen poskipojan suunliikuttelusta yleisön edessä. Kun minä olin armeijassa, niin Kajaanin Dominossa kalja maksoi 5 markkaa ja paikallinen strippari hinkkas inttipojan pipolla pimppalooraansa samaan hintaan. Se teki minusta miehen.

Tacitus_

ЯAW;91898104 said:
Vois varmaa men nukkuu, et pääsee töihinki huomenna. Pistäkää suomi thread mietintään.

Siitä tule mitään. Porukat postaa tähän jonku aikaan ja sit innostus loppuu. Ei meistä ole vakituiseen threadiin.

Martal

Neo Member
Since there is probably never going to be an Estonian-GAF OT , Im just gonna hide in some dark corner of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom