• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

Draxal

Is there a place to reliably get Arms Scrolls, by the way?

I have one, think I either found it in a chest or got it from saving a traveling Anna, but when reclassing someone into a class that shares no weapons with what they know is a little annoying. Bronze weapons and basic tomes for everyone. Would be nice to jump directly to D rank at least.

Rift doors in end game chapters.

McNum

Rift doors in end game chapters.
A Rift Door summons an Anna to the spot you're on, right? Is what she sells extra random or set by each location?

Of course, this leads to a followup question: Any reliable place to get Rift Doors?

ffdgh

A Rift Door summons an Anna to the spot you're on, right? Is what she sells extra random or set by each location?

Of course, this leads to a followup question: Any reliable place to get Rift Doors?

Set by location aside from a few rarities here and there.

Ch24/25 and special maps always sell atlease 2 or 3 stat increasing items and a occasional hammerne and arms scroll in the 3rd slot.

Sadly nope, Gotta hope the rng is kind enough to give you one.

McNum

Since I'm going to train up a few lowbies when the DLC goes up soon, I might as well ask a quick question about the remaining pairings. I have yet to find a partner for Lissa, Olivia, Maribelle, Panne, and Miriel. The remaining males are Stahl, Virion, Henry, Gaius, Libra, Gregor, and Ricken.

Got any suggestions or preferences? Lissa is the only female at a level where she could help level up a lowbie, and Virion and Libra are probably the only males able to do the same. The rest need a lot of EXP to catch up, with Stahl bringing up the rear at level 2.

Draxal

Since I'm going to train up a few lowbies when the DLC goes up soon, I might as well ask a quick question about the remaining pairings. I have yet to find a partner for Lissa, Olivia, Maribelle, Panne, and Miriel. The remaining males are Stahl, Virion, Henry, Gaius, Libra, Gregor, and Ricken.

Got any suggestions or preferences? Lissa is the only female at a level where she could help level up a lowbie, and Virion and Libra are probably the only males able to do the same. The rest need a lot of EXP to catch up, with Stahl bringing up the rear at level 2.

Hmmm.
Gregor/Panne
Ricken/Maribelle
Henry/Lissa
Libra/Olivia

would give you a strong bunny/berserker yarne, while the rest will give you three very caster heavy inigo/owain/brady.

I like Lissa and Stahl for no other reason that it was the first pairing I did.

MicH

Do we have a time frame for when the new DLC is up?

Also I like these pairings (which I'm using in my current playthrough):

Lissa x Libra
Panne x Gregor
Maribelle x Henry

I like pairing up units who have the same strengths. I especially like the Panne/Gregor pairing. Such a beastly pairing.

ffdgh

Arms thrift hero bunny :D. I always pair Miriel to Gregor since he is possibly the only character that makes her seem.....human.

Gaius/Maribelle also worked well for my Brady

McNum

Do we have a time frame for when the new DLC is up?

Also I like these pairings (which I'm using in my current playthrough):

Lissa x Libra
Panne x Gregor
Maribelle x Henry

I like pairing up units who have the same strengths. I especially like the Panne/Gregor pairing. Such a beastly pairing.

Well, it's not up now, so not at midnight, at least. Last time, I got a Spotpass message on my 3DS telling me "Anna had something for me." so I guess it'll be out sometime tomorrow.

I was actually thinking Panne/Gregor. Just seemed like the funniest pick for both of them. Not-Russian man and gruff bunny girl.

Lissa and Stahl is good, but I personally prefer Lissa and Henry for being totally adorable. Plus, it means Owain can wind up as an awesome Sorcerer. Pretty much win/win.

I haven't used Henry much. My Dark Mage needs were kind of covered by Tharja, and then some. I'm not sure how he'd be "adorable", though... Would be worth checking out just to check, I guess. Can always stop at A if I don't like it, and it'd still be another set of supports collected for the viewer.

Also poor Virion. No love for him? He's kind of... sad, really.

Jintor

Wait, shit. I thought you were talking about... uh... whatshisface. Freddy.

Man maybe I should get Freddy to level 5 and then just second seal him back down to a base unit to get his stat growth proper. Jesus his stats are fucking terrible for a second tier unit. Man, maybe I should even do the same for Libra...

lol so Owain has stafftouch. Goodjob owain. Goddamn I would have at least rigged it for Miracle if I had the option

LuuKyK

My Nowi married with Virion. My My. lol

Also, fuck me. Who cares about Miriel? I have to marry her with someone so that I dont miss one of the kids, but she is like level 2. -_- I know the completionist in me will make me grind with her and a support so that I dont miss a character I will probably never use. :/

Aexact

I like Virion's supports (surprisingly) and kids inheriting his hair color.
Not a fan of his class set though.
Man maybe I should get Freddy to level 5 and then just second seal him back down to a base unit to get his stat growth proper. Jesus his stats are fucking terrible for a second tier unit. Man, maybe I should even do the same for Libra...
Great Knight level 15 skill is actually pretty handy. Second Sealing him to a base class is going to look pretty unfortunate if you think his stats are bad now.

McNum

Wait, shit. I thought you were talking about... uh... whatshisface. Freddy.

Man maybe I should get Freddy to level 5 and then just second seal him back down to a base unit to get his stat growth proper. Jesus his stats are fucking terrible for a second tier unit

lol so Owain has stafftouch. Goodjob owain
My Frederick is a level 3 Wyvern Rider with Luna. Totally worth it. Had him pair up with Cherche, actually. That's why I picked Wyvern Rider. They're kind of cute together, the no nonense honorable knight-types. I love Cherche's "Poor you!" victory taunt. That's just cold after brutally beating up some dude with a giant hammer. Plus I'm fairly sure this will make a quite beastly melee type child from them.

I was actually thinking of Olivia x Virion, but I haven't seen any of their supports yet. Just seems like the dancer with no confidence and the eternal flatterer could go well together. Or become a sad onesided thing where she becomes dependent of him...

I was actually thinking of Olivia x Virion, but I haven't seen any of their supports yet. Just seems like the dancer with no confidence and the eternal flatterer could go well together. Or become a sad onesided thing where she becomes dependent of him...
Considering my male tactician got married to Olivia and female to Virion this seems like the next step i'd be making in a future third file, you can save me time McNum and get to the bottom of this mystery.

Jintor

I like Virion's supports (surprisingly) and kids inheriting his hair color.
Not a fan of his class set though.

Great Knight level 15 skill is actually pretty handy. Second Sealing him to a base class is going to look pretty unfortunate if you think his stats are bad now.

Well, it's not like I'll ever really use him...

Any advice on what to do with Sumia? She's so goddamn fragile... fast though

McNum

Considering my male tactician got married to Olivia and female to Virion this seems like the next step i'd be making in a future third file, you can save me time McNum and get to the bottom of this mystery.
Plugging Virion x Olivia into this gets me... Hmm, not too bad. The second fastest unit in the army. Only Severa will outspeed him. Very clearly a physical fighter, though. Possibly an Assassin. Still, doesn't look too bad. High speed and skill isn't bad for a melee guy. Starts out with Mercenary, too.

ohlawd

Plugging Virion x Olivia into She's a beast of a unit. With Kellam as her support, she's untouchable. I think I went Mage>Sage>Dark Knight and perhaps I'll go back to Sage once I get the skills I need.

man, smh @ the Miriel haters.

She's a beast with beast Mag and beast Speed every time I played through the early game.

LuuKyK

Really? I better start leveling her up then. My early impression of her was that she was really bland as a character.

I can't dislike Miriel because of her supports, but I just can't seem to bother training her. Same goes for Ricken really. Oh well, such is the problem of the early game squishy mages.

Miriel's support with Kellam sucked though, I expected more of it somehow.

McNum

Not too bad?

Virion x Olivia is one of the best, like really. No point wasting Chrom's manseed since I think Cynthia needs his seed more than Inigo does. Lucina doesn't need Olivia too imo.

man, smh @ the Miriel haters.

She's a beast with beast Mag and beast Speed every time I played through the early game.
I have a tendency to make understatements.

Although I wonder, how should I level up Olivia? She can get Swordfaire from Swordmaster, but she can also become a Dark Flier for Galeforce. Choices, choices...

Jintor

Jesus fucking dicks. I thought one reinforcement wave would be bad enough, but nooooooo, gotta pull in pegasi from every corner of the fucking map so they can instantly home in on Lissa. What a crock of shit.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What skill should I try and get Virion and Cherche to pass on to their child?

Cherche can't learn Galeforce as far as I know, so that is shot.

As far as my other pairings go so far

I heard Gregor x Panne was excellent, so I think I might go for that

Still looking for someone for Cordelia. I heard Stahl was good or something?

Still need someone for Lissa and Maribelle. I was thinking of Ricken for one of them.

Then there is Lon'qu to choose for and Sully.

I'm not even sure I should be taking the pairing so seriously on my first playthrough on Normal, but I don't know if I do plan to play on a harder difficulty or not.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jesus fucking dicks. I thought one reinforcement wave would be bad enough, but nooooooo, gotta pull in pegasi from every corner of the fucking map so they can instantly home in on Lissa. What a crock of shit.

Lol.

It's the map with the tree right?

Dual Support+ probably for Cherche (although you probably won't use it), although she sucks as a Valkyrie. Maybe get Lifetaker for Virion if you don't want to level up Gerome through Dark Knight (but Gerome can be any class Virion has, so it's a matter of whether or not you want to level up Gerome again)

Anteo

Hahaha I think I discovered a huge huge oversight on Lunatic Ch 3 by my own. I can train Chrom as much as I want. I really didn't think of this before but I bet many of you used it.

Edit: I see. Well played IS, well played. I still got one level out of him with great stats. So we are even.

Draxal

As far as my other pairings go so far

I heard Gregor x Panne was excellent, so I think I might go for that

Still looking for someone for Cordelia. I heard Stahl was good or something?

Still need someone for Lissa and Maribelle. I was thinking of Ricken for one of them.

Then there is Lon'qu to choose for and Sully.

I'm not even sure I should be taking the pairing so seriously on my first playthrough on Normal, but I don't know if I do plan to play on a harder difficulty or not.

I usually pass Dual Support + to Gerome. Stahl is good for Cordelia since he passes down the myrm tree and gives + str cap which works well with Severa's trees. Lon'qu would make a faster Severa.

I usually pass Dual Support + to Gerome. Stahl is good for Cordelia since he passes down the myrm tree and gives + str cap which works well with Severa's trees. Lon'qu would make a faster Severa.

And on a slightly less important note

Lon'qu also gives Severa the best hair color.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I use Nightwing to give Cynthia a Strength boost. Also, I always knew Palla was my favorite of the sisters. She will be my rally bot instead of Morgan now.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Hammerne staff, but it seems like a waste to use it on a Silver weapon since they become common.

LuuKyK

Went into the Nah recruitment mission without much supplies/weapons and the fucking walls started falling all over the place and monsters came out of the rooms. WTF Almost died there, was very intense. ;-;

Top Bottom