• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'll take this into account as I get some SI fodder.

Giving Alfonse swordbreaker increases his mileage a fair bit if you don't want to invest too much. The most irritating thing about him is how slow he is. Can't even double Hector.

Mine has DB3, Swordbreaker 3 and Threaten Defense. If I pair him up with Delthea he hits for freaking 66! If Threaten Defense goes off he can 1 hit KO Amelia lol. Hector only just survives because of his HP. My record is Alfonse hitting for 81 against a Soren with triangle adept.

Tripon

Giving Alfonse swordbreaker increases his mileage a fair bit if you don't want to invest too much. The most irritating thing about him is how slow he is. Can't even double Hector.

Mine has DB3, Swordbreaker 3 and Threaten Defense. If I pair him up with Delthea he hits for freaking 66! If Threaten Defense goes off he can 1 hit KO Amelia lol. Hector only just survives because of his HP. My record is Alfonse hitting for 81 against a Soren with triangle adept.

I'd put axebreaker on my Alphonse since there seems to be so many Hectors in arena. With Amelia around too, armor emblem teams are a lot more scary. I just fought a team in Arena today that put Armor March C on Hector, and I was freaking out why he was moving like an Infantry unit.

People doing crazy things to get some defense bait wins.

I just squeezed out a defense win right now. Regular Arena's been hard for me with the current bonus Heroes. All I can really use is 4* Alfonse and Legion. Hector is way too important, so I'm using Alfonse with poor results.

With the last set of bonus Heroes, I had my best Arena results ever. I entered tier 20 for the first time, and I earned 3-5 defensive wins for the seasons those Heroes were available.

I won't even try to get back into 20, so I'm taking a double demotion. Don't really care that much about the extra Feathers, and my effort is going into Arena Assault.

Up to 127 Orbs now.

Sölf

Nearly done with normal chain challenges. Only Chapter 7&8 and Paralogue 9 and 10 single are left. Then I am done with that difficulty (until chapter 14 gets released). I am a bit sad I finished CC 1&2 Normal already, else I could have used that to farm SP, but eh. Too late now. Not sure how easy chapter 7&8 is, else I would leave that open.

Spoit

Bleh, blew up my 4.5 pity rate on a 5* Olwen while trying for Tana/Amelia

Well I'm done with that banner

edit: At least it's a +atk/-res
Tell me about it. I blew the pity rate on her twice While I failed to get sumer corrin. And once on nowi, but that was okay, since she was +atk

Ninferno

Looks like I'm not gonna stay in tier 20 with my score of 4854. Best I've ever managed too.

What was the cut off to stay last week?

I was away so I didn't follow the cut off as closely, but I suppose it was around 4870. My 4896 was able to do it. Although the two waves have pretty much converged, that's still a slight difference. This week is supposed to be the "weaker" week. What rank does 4854 currently give you?

Anyway, next two weeks are going to feature Olivia as a bonus char, so expect cut-offs to increase a bit.

I was away so I didn't follow the cut off as closely, but I suppose it was around 4870. My 4896 was able to do it. Although the two waves have pretty much converged, that's still a slight difference. This week is supposed to be the "weaker" week. What rank does 4854 currently give you?

Anyway, next two weeks are going to feature Olivia as a bonus char, so expect cut-offs to increase a bit.

I was around 2600 yesterday but its been steadily dropping. I'm about 50 places from the cutoff now which is around 3350

spiritfox

Finally finished Squad Assault 2. Map 2 walled me for forever (I mean they managed to kill Hector, how on earth), and my 4* MRobin was not cutting it. Finally did it with a +def Distant Def Celica (that Boon was good for something lol) and just retreating and healing as much as possible.

The rest of the maps were not as bad lol.

Okamid3n

I always say I will hold on to my orbs (for CYL this time), I never do. And I'm always rewarded for my impatience. Finally a non-Olivia dancer, Ninian!

Anyone else super-enjoying Tana's guidance? It's so fun to use.

Ninferno

Anyone else super-enjoying Tana's guidance? It's so fun to use.

I would have, if I had a Tana. :(

Not that I didn't try, but pity rate of 4.5 is ruined by a -ATK +HP Minerva today. Still going to fully SI her though; I'm really lacking in green so that's at least something.

Firemind

Wut? I just had a full HP Hector with Panic Ploy in a straight line against three horse units and I still got destroyed. Am I missing something here? Don't the penalties stack? It just negates the bonuses? Well that's useless if that's the case.

Wut? I just had a full HP Hector with Panic Ploy in a straight line against three horse units and I still got destroyed. Am I missing something here? Don't the penalties stack? It just negates the bonuses? Well that's useless if that's the case.

The effect triggers at the start of your turn. They already need to have the buffs applied for it to do anything so you'll have to spend your first turn lining things up. The other ploy skills are the same but since it isn't dependent on your opponent the effect activates immediately during your first turn.

It triggers at the start of the turn of the player with the panic ploy unit equipped.

If you put hector in front of a line of three horses and ended, panic ploy did nothing. You need the horses to be in a line from hector at the start of your turn.

Firemind

The effect triggers at the start of your turn.
It triggers at the start of the turn of the player with the panic ploy unit equipped.

If you put hector in front of a line of three horses and ended, panic ploy did nothing. You need the horses to be in a line from hector at the start of your turn.
🤦

That's more situational than I thought. So the best use of Panic Ploy is... another horse/flier emblem team.

Edit: apparently goad isn't even affected sigh

IceMarker

Finally beat Valter on Infernal with 5* Reinhardt, 5* Ursula, 5* S!Gaius, and 4* Olivia.

Man that was a pain in my ass and stamina potion count.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Lost a unit on my last fight in both regular arena and arena assault.

Bleh, too sick of it to try again. Gonna get the promotion anyway.

lt519

Olivia next week? Should be able to get back into T20 pretty easy then. Using her on the team makes things laughably easy.

Firemind

I've had it with these motherfucking Reinhardts crossing the entire map by these motherfucking dancers.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

Either make the maps bigger or nerf this blatantly broken shit so I don't get fucked in the rectum every goddamn first turn.

/rant

kswiston

I've had it with these motherfucking Reinhardts crossing the entire map by these motherfucking dancers.

EVERY SINGLE TIME

Either make the maps bigger or nerf this blatantly broken shit so I don't get fucked in the rectum every goddamn first turn.

/rant

Do you have a hard counter for him?

EVERY SINGLE TIME

/rant
why dont you just run a +res nino

Apenheul

I had the worst summoning session today. Bought 87 Euros worth of orbs and while I did get one Selena and one Perri which I needed for their skills I've probably seen like 7 Ests, 3 Subaki's and more units that I have zero use for currently. The only 5-star I got out of 159 orbs was Sakura btw. I was still somewhat glad to have pulled her because I could use a decent healer.

Cerium

Nino buffed with Rally Resistance from my Eirika is my Reinhardt counter. Fury 3 helps too.

I realize this might not be helpful for everyone.

When do we find out about Choose Your Legends again?

Sterok

In Arena Assault I have Lightning Breath Fae, Nino, Julia, Hector, and Cecilia to counter Rein. Usually enough, but not always, and I also have to deal with other things like making sure Hector can counter Kagero. You can never have too many counters to the strongest units.

Cerium

8:30pm pst tonight.
Less than 6 hours!
giphy.gif

lt519

Spent 20k feathers on upgrading my 5* Reinhardt from a +SPD nature to a +ATK nature. Worth it.

Edit: That seemingly took me into crazy arena territory with a +2 since now I'm getting matched against distant counter armor march teams everywhere. That's fine for Horse Emblem to take care of but Arena Assault team #5 isn't fairing so well..

Sushen

In Arena Assault I have Lightning Breath Fae, Nino, Julia, Hector, and Cecilia to counter Rein. Usually enough, but not always, and I also have to deal with other things like making sure Hector can counter Kagero. You can never have too many counters to the strongest units.
Reinhardt can counter Reinhardt as well. Actually I don't find Reinhardt too much of problem.

lt519

OK, I give up, Arena Assault is a little too crazy for me in the 694 score range for me. I stacked a starting squad for BST and running into +3 flier teams later matches is just destroying me.

Blarblade+ S!Corrin +3 with buffs just blew up my Nino I tried to bait with ¯_(ツ)_/¯ team also has a distant counter Palla with R Tomebreaker...why...

Normally I'd surrender but I'm taking her down out of spite with my 4* Klein.

Wiseblade

I won't be able to watch the stream since I'll be working, but I'm hoping I can sneak away for a few minutes and find out what happened. Could somebody please leave a bullet point summary in the thread?

Tripon

I won't be able to watch the stream since I'll be working, but I'm hoping I can sneak away for a few minutes and find out what happened. Could somebody please leave a bullet point summary in the thread?

It's game of thrones season finale tonight, so you just better hope the ep ends before FEH channel begins.

Busaiku

What's a good B skill for -HP, +Speed Sanaki?
Swordbreaker sucks since Ike and Ryoma blow her up with 1 hit, she's mot fast enough for Desperation, and I don't wanna use a the only Red Tomebreaker I have spared.
Just slapped Vantage on there for now.
Have Fury learned and Triangle Adept on there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom