• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

McNum

Dat skill times 2 activation.

And the fact it's the skill most likely to activate.

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance
Does it roll for each skill individually? For example, first it checks for Lethality, then another roll for Astra then finally one for Sol?

Or does it just roll once and take the highest priority one? Wouldn't that make Sol completely block out Luna?

ohlawd

Yes thx, I am aware of that.

It's more about having all kids be good relative to each other rather than having one more beastly kid with another gimped.

ffdgh

Does it roll for each skill individually? For example, first it checks for Lethality, then another roll for Astra then finally one for Sol?

Or does it just roll once and take the highest priority one? Wouldn't that make Sol completely block out Luna?

I'll just steal what I read on gfaqs :p. Not the subject at hand but it's related.

It is two seperate rolls but only if the preceding rolls fail. If you have Lethality, Aether, and Sol all on one unit... the game will roll for Lethality first, if that doesn't happen, it will roll for Aether, and if THAT fails, it will roll for Sol.

The thing about this is: on one hand, the odds of you getting >A< skill to proc on your attack is pretty good if you equip more skills. But on the other hand, each preceding skill will reduce the general odds of you seeing the skills after it.

You can run both Sol and Luna on the same set, but Sol precedes Luna, so even though they are the same proc rate (skill%) you will see Sol happen more often because as long as the roll for Sol succeeds, Luna can't happen.

Also I didn't know weapon ranks (C-A) added stats bonuses too :eek:

Gregor passes down arms thrift too.

Chrom

Yeah, it's definitely not a single roll. I've stuck Luna and Vengeance on Tharja and have had them both activate on different occasions.

Wow fuck Paralogue 2. Fucking STOP rushing into suicide goddamnit.

Also who should I use those "increases X stat permanently by 2" items on? Parents or just pump up my MU?

Also who should I use those "increases X stat permanently by 2" items on? Parents or just pump up my MU?

Hoard them! Then use them later when you have the characters whose stat caps you want to reach sooner rather than later.

Or just use them now, it doesn't matter terribly in Awakening.

Rescue staves FTW.

Had none. Thankfully got lucky and she dodged most of the damage. My MU is getting so broken. I made him a Dark Mage this time around instead of going right for Mage. With the defense bonus + Kellam he can basically tank all damage. On hard mode at least.

I'm finding that I'm pairing up people for the entire battle. Thus far it is working well.

Draxal

Use it on somebody who want on your team but is slightly behind on some of its key stats; this could be the MU but your MU should be your best unit.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I found physical characters that can be some sort of mage have lots of trouble in gaining magic and actually being useful.

Yeah, the in between characters tend to have some trouble, or highly favor one side over the other.

MU was my only exception, probably due to my +MAG/-RES build.

demidar

I found physical characters that can be some sort of mage have lots of trouble in gaining magic and actually being useful.

One of the problems with character stat distribution is that centralized power is far preferable than spread out stats, and is also why pairing up can be so powerful.

A guy with 20 Res and Def is inferior to the guy 15 Res and 25 Def or 25 Res and 15 Def, because the jack-of-all-trades will get picked on by both sides (as the conditional target of "highest damage dealt") whereas the ones who have focused stats will be ignored by half the units. Not only that, but having an equal split in Mag and Str means a guy isn't good enough to fell a Res or Def enemy by himself, if his damage isn't completely negated or mostly mitigated that is, and on the flip side means his EXP gain will be lower than characters who can set up their own kills. I like using Lon'Qu because he's super fast but his damage is kinda shit unless he's using a -slayer weapon.

So I managed to get Chrom + Olivia going.

If I want Lucina to get Galeforce do I really have to get Olivia through Dancer -> Pegasus Knight -> Dark Flier in the space of 2 chapters or does Lucina inherit Pegasus Knight?

McNum

If I want Lucina to get Galeforce do I really have to get Olivia through Dancer -> Pegasus Knight -> Dark Flier in the space of 2 chapters or does Lucina inherit Pegasus Knight?
Lucina will get Pegasus Knight. No need to grind for Galeforce that early if you don't want to.

Draxal

No time pressure at all to learn any skills for Lucina with any mom. Inigo otoh you will need to do that, but Inigo's map is alot harder.

Busaiku

War Cleric wasn't going any better.
That was about 60 levels for 2-3 points, but the leveling is much slower than Bride.

Serenes Forest doesn't have the growth rates for Bride, but I highly doubt it's lower than 20 (I know War Cleric is 25).

Busaiku

Man, unlike Magic for most of the characters I "maxed", this is absolutely essential...
I guess I could pair her up, but I really messed up in not getting enough magic users.

Shahadan

Crap I've killed a recruitable charcater AGAIN. I really shouldn't turn the music off and skip enemy turns, I don't even notice the kill.

Hero

So guys what's the best DLC for the price? I bought the whole Rogues and Redeemers pack but I'm looking to get a pack or two more.

Are the Scramble maps worth it or is it just silly stuff? Future Past Pack going to be good?

Busaiku

If you don't care about conversations, the Scramble pack probably isn't gonna be good.
The Golden Pack is an absolute must though.

Hero

If you don't care about conversations, the Scramble pack probably isn't gonna be good.
The Golden Pack is an absolute must though.

I really do like conversations, I think the character interaction aspect of FE is one of the strongest points but not sure it's worth paying an additional 6.50 for when I could probably just read all the conversations online.

demidar

bonus map Dead King's Lament. So you may know who.

And I saved afterwards since I didn't even know he was there. :(
Oh well. I'll get him in my other playthrough and marry him with female MC just for the laugh.

Don't think I've even reached the bonus map stuff yet (we're talking about the Spotpass paralogues right?

Auskeek

I feel the need to announce that I'm taking a break from Fire Emblem.

If 80 hours in 20 days isn't going to impress many of you NeoGAFers, but I went from a 3 hour a week gamer to a 20+ hour a week gamer thanks to Fire Emblem (most of it was train gaming, so it's not as bad as it sounds).

McNum

Since you have to talk to that character 3 times with Chrom, how do you do that without sticking a Falchion up his nose on the Enemy Phase? Or will he not attack you?

I assume the idea is to unequip everyone's weapons or keep people out of range, at least.

Shahadan

Since you have to talk to that character 3 times with Chrom, how do you do that without sticking a Falchion up his nose on the Enemy Phase? Or will he not attack you?

I assume the idea is to unequip everyone's weapons or keep people out of range, at least.

I guess that's the idea. Or just keep unequipped Chrom in range and bait him. He will attack, that's how I one shot him without even noticing.

Frost_Ace

Just beat the single player! Last stage was awesome although my army of childern hardly took a scratch from the enemy.

Now, should I buy the scramble pack for the convos?

McNum

This week's DLC is up in Europe. It's Summer Scramble, and the Irreconcilable Paths side story as well as the Shadow Dragon teams.

But(t) I know what you all want to know, really, don't I? The answer is... Nope! Tharja's butt is not censored in Europe. We even get the sparkles.

Moonlight

Banned
The answer is... Nope! Tharja's butt is not censored in Europe. We even get the sparkles.
OXS9Nr3.jpg

Top Bottom