• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Arena Assault is going to be nuts. I had problem putting up 5 teams in Squad Assault, let alone 7. Well, just when F2Ps start to conquer the arena (by conquering, I mean figuring out ways to stay in T20), IS comes up with a way to make whales advantageous again. As a F2P, despite the certainty of being screwed by this new arena mode, I actually think it is a good thing for the game. It provides some new end game contents, makes the whales happy, give everybody a new purpose, and hopefully maintain a healthy revenue stream.

Now, in anticipation of this, I have to abort Project Olivia phase 2 (which is to bring her to 5* + 7) and go back to spreading out my investments.
You don't need 7 potential rein counters. Come on, you think this game will make you face 7 Reins?

Yea I'm not looking forward to the new arena challenge possibly giving me horse emblem opponents for seven maps in a row. Arena is getting more difficult lately because of all the pony teams anyways. Having 7 different answers to them is going to be tough. At least it won't cost crests or stamina.

This stream is pretty overwhelming, and there is so much to discuss. I will just outline what I did an hour ago before I share more thoughts.

So before this stream happened, I had a 4.00% pity rate on Celica's Army banner. I did these pulls a few weeks ago, and I was originally going to cut my losses there. Because of the Tempest Trials, I was compelled to get Sonya.

I used 52 F2P Orbs and summoned as many Green Stones as I could. No 5*, no Sonya. My rate was at 4.5%, so I reluctantly spent money. This was the first instance since the last Hero Fest. I had some money in my Paypal, and I bought a $25 card. I bought the 48 Pack, and I got the Sonya (+SPD/-DEF).

Everything else in the Sonya batch was 3*, but at least two of those were Lon'qu and Jagen (both good fodder). This is why I'm actually happy about the 3* and 4* rates getting switched.

Thank God this ended so well after the huge number of Orbs I spent. Celica is very tempting, but I won't even think of getting her with free Orbs. I feel satisfied, so I have no problem saving for a while. I have 25 Orbs left over from the 48 Orb package.

I just got Saber when I wanted Sonya because no green orbs appeared so many times.

Oh well.

If you have Orbs left over, it's not a big deal. Delthea, Celica, Sonya, and Gray will presumably be on a Tempest Trials banner, so you can basically pull anything except Colorless if you want the 40% bonus.

You don't seem to be the F2P type, so there's a lot at stake for the rest of us. What I went through was really risky.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if this Arena Challenge thing will make it easier to get Defense Wins.

If the mode cost no Stamina, I guess I can test the waters with all Beginner Difficulties. I just need to get 28 units to max level.

Does anyone know if it will make use of Chain Challenge or Squad Assault duplicate rules?

Roman

RIP Horse Emblem

Praise be Flier Emblem

The twist is that fliers have been the more threatening menace all along, it's just that they are much rarer to face and significantly harder to build, including their only mages being limited.

Arena is going to be very unpleasant with Infantry Pulse boosted Bride Cordelia, she can now start with Luna charged.

Lelou

Good lord... Never seen a more generous company than intsys right now..
They are really great on listening the player base.
Can't be more happy about that

Ninferno

I wonder if this Arena Challenge thing will make it easier to get Defense Wins.

If the mode cost no Stamina, I guess I can test the waters with all Beginner Difficulties. I just need to get 28 units to max level.

Does anyone know if it will make use of Chain Challenge or Squad Assault duplicate rules?

I seriously doubt Arena Assault defense wins will count as regular arena defense wins. I think the two will remain separate modes.

As for duplicates, nobody really knows as it wasn't explicitly discussed in the stream, but my money's on it to have the similar structure like Squad Assault, aka no duplicates allowed, hence the same word "Assault" in the name.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Lets gooooo
CoDLzku.jpg

bigzgod

The twist is that fliers have been the more threatening menace all along, it's just that they are much rarer to face and significantly harder to build, including their only mages being limited.

Arena is going to be very unpleasant with Infantry Pulse boosted Bride Cordelia, she can now start with Luna charged.

Infantry Pulse Boosted Bridelia with +atk, Brave, and Luna only fails to kill 2, DC Zephiel and Robin(M). Fun stuff if you love Bridelia.

I'm not fussed about these Nohrian units yet, but I'm excited to see the stats.

I wonder the Sacred Coins will do. Some have hinted at boon/bane reroll, which would be nice. I haven't sent a single 5* summon home.

Semajer

This is our first time limited red unit, no? I really need a decent red mage, but I want that Corrin. I hope I have enough luck.

Aversa should be a ghb (hopefully red).

Elincia is our best chance for a decently statted red melee flier as well.

But healers are colourless.

Semajer

Heh heh heh. 5* Delthea on my first roll. That's my TT bonus unit sorted. Similar thing happened with Boey on the other summer banner.

Edit: Then 5* Marth on the second orb. Something's wrong. My luck isn't supposed to be this good.

Edit: Then 5* Hinoka less than 4 orbs later.

Edit: Then 5* Azura less than 4 orbs after that.

Heh heh heh. 5* Delthea on my first roll. That's my TT bonus unit sorted. Similar thing happened with Boey on the other summer banner.

Edit: Then 5* Marth on the second orb. Something's wrong. My luck isn't supposed to be this good.

Did you get this on the Nohrian Summer banner?

I see that Leon and Mathilda can now be summoned at 4*. Everyone else is still 5*.

Finally conquered Chain 11 & 12. What a nightmare. As long as there are no time limits for the next chain it shouldn't be as difficult. Hopefully.

New stuff looks pretty exciting. I don't care for summer banners. Not sure about Hero Fest. I already wasted 100 orbs farming for Genny, while a merged Ninian would be nice, she doesn't really take any damage unless its an easy kill or I'm in trouble, so merges would only be for arena score with her, already have Ike with decent stats. The real question is Julia. I wanted her before I got set up with Nino. And I just blew over 100 going for Sonya without success. Its a question of saving for the Choose your legends banner or farming for her, probably.

Looks like monthly Tempest and voting gauntlet is the way forward. Its a little heavy investment wise, but quality of life changes make it easy. I could probably auto pilot a 5 level hard if I want to farm points without doing any work.

DooD1234

Lets gooooo

first pull was Elise +spd -def. I think I did good?

Lucky bastards. My luck on the Ylissean Summer banner hit 5.25% and no Tiki or Robin in sight. Beach banner has been terrible for me.

Edit: Then 5* Hinoka less than 4 orbs later.

Edit: Then 5* Azura less than 4 orbs after that.
Welp, better savor this moment because you're probably never getting this lucky ever again.

Spoit

Spent 60-something orbs on just blues. Only noteworthy thing was a 5* olwen, which I guess I can use for these waves as a poor mans reinhardt?

Oh, and I got another odin, so that was nice

Wichu

After a month of trying and failing to get Summer Robin, got Summer Corrin on my first pull. Thanks, I guess?

Is one mage enough for Flier Emblem? I don't have Spring Camilla...

Semajer

Lucky bastards. My luck on the Ylissean Summer banner hit 5.25% and no Tiki or Robin in sight. Beach banner has been terrible for me.

Welp, better savor this moment because you're probably never getting this lucky ever again.

I'm just amazed that none of them were -attack. Before today 4/6 of my blue 5* units were -attack, and it hurt.

Ninferno

Hmm. S!Corrin's and S!Elise's lv40 stats are looking dope. Maybe I should spend some of my 100+ saved up orbs on a stupid special banner for the first time. Gray splitting my chance to get Celica is certainly making my resistance difficult. Still must resist though.

Flier Emblem feels a bit too blue between Cordelia and Hinoka. It's too bad Corrin isn't red.

Not really. If you have Corrin, then Brave Axe+ Cherche and Minerva are good teammates. Hinoka can be sacrificed if she turns out bad.

Red is lacking, though.

not sure why I tried rolling right now when 3* & 4* rates will be swapped in few days... hello 3* jagen no.324324123231

I've been plagued with 3* Heroes. I've still never seen a lot of the 4-5* Heroes, and I've been playing since day one.

Chauzu

The biggest part of the update for me, except HM cap increase, is how much better pulls are. We get tons of banners, so as f2p you can easily just do full pull every banner. This now costs 15 orbs instead of 20. On top of that, the odds of pulling a 4 star or above increases from around 25% or whatever it is to around 60%. This is such a massive change I can't even!

Lots of good stuff all around. My only criticism is why make Summer Leo an infantry red mage instead of a sword? All the other limited units had a color change or change to their dmg type. Also the last banner had two melee and two ranged units. Just a weird decision to me.

Mupod

was about to try one last time for Titania when I realized that I might be better off waiting for the 5% banner, and specifically the increase in 4* rates. I was gonna try to get a Julia anyways and I wouldn't mind promoting a good 4* Titania. There aren't that many greens out there so the odds aren't terrible.

I also did some thinking about Arena Assault. How hellish it ends up being hinges entirely on what kind of matchmaking it uses. If it matches you against even enemies, and matches on a team-by-team basis, maybe it won't be so bad. If you just want to get it done you could send in level 1 Olivias for the last few matches to rig the enemy teams to be level 35. Although I didn't account for the possibility that you wouldn't be allowed to re-use the same type of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom