• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Because of my talk about IVs, I was blseesed with two Elise's, both minus speed and plus res. I hear you, game.

I want Summer Corrin...

And first pull had zero blues...
Next pull had zero blues...
After that had only 1 blue...

Seriously game? You're REALLY REALLY trying hard to not give me Corrin

Sölf

May as well post here again. I am hyped as fuck for the new stuff. Especially that we finally get stuff like Free Summons and Hero Catalogue, which seem rather essential for a game like this.

I am also happy for the tempest Trial changes, especially the 3x points for the first 2 matches. That will speed things up quite a bit. Not sure about the stat boost, which is nice but I don't have any of those units, so meh.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Upcoming stuff all sounds good. Hope those coins will lead to some kind of Bane/Boon transforming; we'll see.

Sölf

Upcoming stuff all sounds good. Hope those coins will lead to some kind of Bane/Boon transforming; we'll see.

I have a few guesses:

- Bane/Boon Transforming
- Be able to buy specific heros with this
- Have a sort of Slot Machine wich can give you various things (Feathers, Crystals, Seals)
- A way to "buy" heroes which are only available in limited quantity (the starters, GHB, Tempest Trial rewards)
- Something nobody expects

Scum

I only pulled like 5 orbs on Alm's army, but I ended up getting a Gray and Three Deltheas

Merged them all and wound up with this little monster

Hl6z5rT.png

That's right, 58 attack, 39 speed and 6 defense lol

Pffft!

Not mine.

fek

Finally got really lucky in this game. I wanted Elise, got 2 greens on first pull and one of them was Xander. Next pull had 2 greens too and first I open was Elise. I'll check IVs later but that was insane anyway. Now back to saving orbs for CYL.

_Legacy_

Dropped around 30 orbs and got loads of 4* Odins and Clares. At least that's a couple of moonbows ready for inheritance. Kind of gutted I didn't get summer Corrin. The game had me sweating on two occasions when there were no blue orbs and I didn't want to pull a 5* unit, luckily I didn't so my pity counter is still up.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dropped around 30 orbs and got loads of 4* Odins and Clares. At least that's a couple of moonbows ready for inheritance. Kind of gutted I didn't get summer Corrin. The game had me sweating on two occasions when there were no blue orbs and I didn't want to pull a 5* unit, luckily I didn't so my pity counter is still up.
That's how I pulled Elise, multiple goes with no blues, so I had to just pull 1 to try again.

kswiston

I got a round with 1 red orb and 4 blue orbs. Luck was with me for once, and I pulled a 5* swimsuit Corrin and a 5* Catria. I guess I can finally start putting together a flier emblem team!

As much as I would like to try for Elise, I think that I will hold on to my other 20 orbs and wait for the starter event or the Temptest Trials banner. I lack all of the 40% characters yet again.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Mupod

fug I wasn't gonna pull for summer corrin until after the hero fest but I'm falling into the Valter hype. I want a flier team now, unfortunately I have nowhere to start from. I've enough Pallas to make a Goad Fliers swarm, but that's about it. Well, and Michalis of course.

The other reason I want at least one flying 5*, is I just finished this month's 10th stratum flier quests and I never fucking want to do that with 3-4* again. PTSD of invulnerable threaten atk Azamas, stat inflated FCorrins that Michalis can't even scratch, Caeda losing to every green in the game except Arthur...

Mupod

I've only got two lunatic chain challenges left and both look like a pain in the ass. I had some trouble with the 5-map version of 10, and 11+12 has some maps that suck for horse emblem.

Still got all the normal+hard ones to do though. With those, a voting gauntlet, a tempest trial, higher merit caps and a new recurring source of feathers (depending how shitty arena assault is), I can start thinking big with flier emblem plans. Sitting on 36k feathers right now.

Also last week I had 7 defenses and with the exact same team I am at 0 right now. What?

Hey, I still could if my luck holds! Need to do something about all the units in my barracks first though. And there's all the Chain Challenges I never did~
Fair enough, you do have a whole month and a bit.

I'll just be happy to get a focus from this banner XD

Actually Halloween does make sense, but it's a shame we're (probably) not getting Witch Corrin F from Cipher.

(Then again, Xander bucked the trend for repeats, so who knows.)

Trunx28

Any suggestions for a S!Elise build? Was thinking of giving her G!Tomebreaker and Threaten Res. as c-slot. Probably iceberg as I don't have any moonbow-units left.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
And I'm out of free orbs. No Corrin or any other 5*. Got a bunch of pulls with no blues, or only one blue.

Do you have Reinhardt?
Nope, only had a 4* one I didn't touch until now. So that's good. It's just that I was kind of hoping to not become part of the problem. Oh well.

Mupod

Any suggestions for a S!Elise build? Was thinking of giving her G!Tomebreaker and Threaten Res. as c-slot. Probably iceberg as I don't have any moonbow-units left.

what boon/bane? If she's +spd you can do the cookie cutter blade tome/desperation and either darting blow or fury. She's basically Nino but slightly less spd and slightly higher atk.

If you want to keep her default tome, and if she's +res or +hp she should be fine as a dedicated anti-reinhardt as long as you've got someone else with spur or fortify res.

Sushen

I got excited about the announcement and decided to pull. I got 5* Marth and summer Sander both atk+. Not exactly what I aimed for but I appreciate them, IS. I'm back. BTW that res for summer Sander! Next to Frederick, I've got axe users that are naked against any mages.
Update: that Xander's portrait is a bit too much for my taste, haha.

Ninferno

Speaking of Arena Assault, I really hope they don't ask for the same "Arena Bonus Characters" like they do in regular arena. Seriously, please don't do that, IS. Putting up an army of 28 is bad enough, imagine if 7 of them have to be arena bonus chars. I hope by "a new mode for veterans", you don't mean "a new mode for whales".

Anyway, even if they don't impose bonus chars on Arena Assault, it will still require a lot of work to really compete in it. Just thinking about doing SI for 20ish units (that is 28 minus the 10ish fully SI'ed units I frequently use) and filling up their empty skill slots so that they can actually do things and don't tank your AA score makes me cringe. There's going to be lots of bloodshed and sacrifices for sure.

Still pretty excited for AA though. Just like Squad Assault, while it poses some serious challenges to me, I do really enjoy it.

G Tomebreaker seems fine. Standard for a reason. Threaten Res though, I'm not entirely sure about. Against a ranged target, it shouldn't matter. Melee targets are presumed dead with or without it, especially if you're using a -blade tome, though I'd check the calcs and stuff. If you -really- hate the Distant Counter swordsmen and want her to beat them despite color disadvantage, I could see a use...

Personally, I'll be going Life and Death + Desperation + Random buff. Least hassle, though there might be a better build out there.

Mupod

I wonder if Arena Assault matches will count for defense wins. In that case none of us should be lacking in defenses ever again. I'm not optimistic enough to think that people would stop fielding bullshit teams though.

You don't need 7 potential rein counters. Come on, you think this game will make you face 7 Reins?

I mean

have you done arena lately? Of course.

Maybe not 7, but 4-5 with the occasional reinhardt+olwen fuckery is about what I expect if I dare venture above 684 point matches.

I'd say a safe compromise will be to clear 3-4 matches without a reliable Reinhardt counter then bring in the ringers for the last few. Losing early on won't suck as much since they say you can spam arena assault as much as you want.

Spent 60-something orbs on just blues. Only noteworthy thing was a 5* olwen, which I guess I can use for these waves as a poor mans reinhardt?

Oh, and I got another odin, so that was nice

Olwen is extremely good with enough investment and a +spd or +atk boon. Or just blade tome her, as an Ursula user I can say she'd do just fine.

And I'm out of free orbs. No Corrin or any other 5*. Got a bunch of pulls with no blues, or only one blue.

Nope, only had a 4* one I didn't touch until now. So that's good. It's just that I was kind of hoping to not become part of the problem. Oh well.
You could just leave Reinhardt out of your defence team. People only get annoyed with facing one, not people using one : P

Akuun

You could just leave Reinhardt out of your defence team. People only get annoyed with facing one, not people using one : P
True. It'll be nice to have him handy for GHB/Tempest cheesing and the like.

I actually don't have Death Blow 3 fodder, but I'll manage.

explodet

I'm actually surprised they're giving us a mode that costs no stamina and no dueling swords.
Maybe the tradeoff is it won't give us XP/SP/HM.

I'm going to abuse the fuck out of multi-autobattle in TT. Thought the triple scoring will actually make me try the harder difficulties.

Mupod

I'm actually surprised they're giving us a mode that costs no stamina and no dueling swords. Maybe the tradeoff is it won't give us XP/SP/HM.

I only skimmed the video due to a lack of time, but did they say what the items will cost if anything? Would make sense if they were a badge sink.

Damn, I'm not even enamored because of the lewd, the colors and sheen she has is amazing.

yeah now that this game is making bank I hope the standards for art can stay at or near this level...Valter is looking great too. Pls no more Lloyds and Rebeccas. Or even better they could go back and fix the jankier ones like Cordelia, but I don't expect that.

explodet

I only skimmed the video due to a lack of time, but did they say what the items will cost if anything? Would make sense if they were a badge sink.
Nope, no actual mention of how to obtain special items.
Badges would be nice, those things are stinking up the inventory big time.

Speaking of which, can't wait to see what bullshit Sacred Coins are used for.

Akuun

I'm actually surprised they're giving us a mode that costs no stamina and no dueling swords.
Maybe the tradeoff is it won't give us XP/SP/HM.

I'm going to abuse the fuck out of multi-autobattle in TT. Thought the triple scoring will actually make me try the harder difficulties.
I'm definitely gonna abuse the fuck out of autobattle in every TT from here on in, as long as it remains viable. I HATE grinding.

It also helps that some units that are normally bad are surprisingly good for autobattling with a small level advantage. Jakob is one of them.
yeah now that this game is making bank I hope the standards for art can stay at or near this level...Valter is looking great too. Pls no more Lloyds and Rebeccas. Or even better they could go back and fix the jankier ones like Cordelia, but I don't expect that.
I would be very happy if they fixed original Cordelia, Florina, FCorrin, and so on. But I agree that it's unlikely. It would be disrespectful to the original artists hired.

Mathematics

Neo Member
whew. 70 orbs and we have defeated the gacha boss. S!Corrin get.
Instantly have her goad fliers and desperation to clean up some space.

Time to level her and Berkut for TT.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Nope, I assume its more things to give out during quests though.

I wonder if the Coins will do anything in 1.6, or if they are going to keep it a Mystery for a while.

Busaiku

Why couldn't Leo get Corrin or Elise's stats.
He's not that different from the old unit, and he's the same class, minus a horse.
What was even the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom