• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Musou/Warriors announced

Griss

I love the idea of this game, but they need to turn down the grinding or I'm out.

I love the Hyrule Warriors campaign, but just to unlock all the weapons and characters in adventure mode was a ridiculous grind. Also being able to enter levels and find you're way overleveled or underleveled is terrible game design.

But still... the concept is solid.

Jill and Haar, somehow, please.

jonno394

I'm not a big fire emblem or musou fan, but i loved Hyrule Warriors especially the adventure map mode.

Would love to see this keep that mode and replace the zelda 1 adventure map with a series of fire emblem top down battlefields with you moving around it like you would in a traditional FE battle and what would be the 1 v 1 action in FE is replaced by the musou mission.

Shengar

Should've been Fire Emblem Kessen because THAT JUST MAKE SENSE.

Koei! IS! Nintendo! All of you just fucking blew it!!!!!!

(In case you don't know Kessen, here's a video from its latest instalment back in the 2004)

Anyway, here's obligatory fan art picture that will no longer become fan art.

26c98a2a6d99ca146fbb6d153f86bf5e.jpg

alvis.exe

Excited for this! Hyrule Warriors was fun but I feel more attachment to Fire Emblem characters than Zelda characters. Unless they only have Awakening+Fates+Marth. Please don't do that to me IS/Koei, please.

Also looking forward to questionable(-ly awesome?) rock/metal remixes of Fire Emblem music :p

Dee Dee

Alright, I haven't played any fire emblems outside of Awakening/part of Fates. But this has me pretty interested to go back and play them so I know who the characters are.

Which ones are worth playing?

To really push the point a bit more, as others have mentioned: FE 7 ("Fire Emblem") on GBA (and also on Wii U VC) is a very good entry into the series' older titles. It's the first Western released Fire Emblem, which is why the plain name was chosen. It has Lyndis, Eliwood and Hector, which were already brought up as popular characters here by others, and is easy to get into coming from the newer Fire Emblems (it eases you in a lot). Hope you enjoy it!

ag-my001

Subbed to this thread! The angry roster speculation will tide me over until release!

Also, no one mentioned her yet?

FE10_Nephenee_Artwork.png

Such a great design, and I honestly just really like lances.
Nephenee would make this a day one for me. Considering how many main characters there are, I'm a little resigned to her almost inevitable snub.

Someone PM me when she shows up in a DLC wishlist poll.

Why did Chrom become the leading face of Fire Emblem?

I guess it's because the series popularity in the west and to a lesser extent Japan, had a resurgence with Awakening. Who else is worried that it's going to have:

A) Limited character count. I feel something like this needs to have a tonne of characters like Dynasty Warriors. FE games just have such large casts.
B) Too much of a focus on Awakening and Fates characters.

I guess it's because the series popularity in the west and to a lesser extent Japan, had a resurgence with Awakening. Who else is worried that it's going to have:

A) Limited character count. I feel something like this needs to have a tonne of characters like Dynasty Warriors. FE games just have such large casts.

B is my main concern. They might consider the franchise starts with awakening and only have older characters due to smash popularity. Best thing would be to divide the roster equally between each mainline game and just put dlc packs covering each game because dlc is bound to come. Should be a lord and 2-3 supporting character per game depending on roster size.

EDarkness

Yeah. I really don't care about who they add except Robin, Lucina, and Lyn. I think they deserve a chance to shine. It would be nice to see some more obscure characters, too. I have to admit, seeing Tharja in all her glory would be awesome....

Dynasty Warriors games only have a ton of characters because they are added through multiple releases. Any new Warrior series starts with a considerably smaller cast and even Dynasty Warriors itself when it updated its gameplay for 6 greatly reduced its cast (or more accurately made a clone-fest).

If you are expecting any more than say 15 characters MAX, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

However, they probably will support this with DLC like Zelda or a full on sequel

random25

Didn't Hyrule Warriors revisited a lot of Zelda games too? I wouldn't worry too much about the other series' presence especially if there's a large community that will petition certain series characters to them later on as DLC.

Hero

Both Awakening and Fates had in-game explanations for how their cast meet up with characters from the various other games in the series, I can't see them not visiting multiple different games in a spin-off that's non-canonical.

I'm still over the moon with this announcement.

Hyrule Warriors was so fantastic and now I'm sure that Fire Emblem will be even better.

Just please add online. Please.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I will own this game someday... what is the typical roster size for a licensed Musou game?

Varies largely. Zelda and Fist of the North Star(and Berserk I believe) feature a pretty light selection, but One Piece and Gundam have quite a large roster.

I expect most of the major protagonists from most FE games will be playable, as will several popular villains. Doubtful every game will be represented proportionally, but Fates/Awakening majors should be guaranteed being more recent and successful titles globally. Smash cameos likely as well due to global awareness(Ike, Roy, Marth).

Would be lovely to have the weapon/magic triangle factor into the core action, DW8 already had a similar system in place(you could swap weapons on the fly). Can possibly even see this using a character swap system like Warriors Orochi to sub in heroes depending on the enemy variant you are facing in real-time.

McNum

Have any Warriors game had online co-op, anyway? It just seems like something that would fit the series fairly well. Not sure of PvP, but I suppose that could work, too.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Have any Warriors game had online co-op, anyway? It just seems like something that would fit the series fairly well. Not sure of PvP, but I suppose that could work, too.

Several have. It's not a staple though as sometimes online co-op is limited to certain modes and some sequels even rip it out, but its been utilized before.

EDarkness

I wonder what kind of Amiibo support the game will have. I recently found Robin at Gamestop. That means I have Ike, Marth, and Robin. Would LOVE to get Lucina, but I haven't been lucky enough to find her yet.

Draxal

I wonder what kind of Amiibo support the game will have. I recently found Robin at Gamestop. That means I have Ike, Marth, and Robin. Would LOVE to get Lucina, but I haven't been lucky enough to find her yet.

Go to bestbuy they were the exclusive restock retailer for Lucina.

Cerium

I gaurantee that all the character poll winners are making it in.

Get ready for Owain, Cordelia, Tharja, Severa, Inigo, etc.

i hope for more balanced representation, i think the series has matured enough to really try and bring back the whole history of fire emblem back into the spotlight.

That being said i'm really just hopin my boy Ike gets in the game

CSX

I expect the majority of the roster to be from Fates and Awakening which is fine as long as they got Ike and goddess Nephenee representing PoR/RD

Shengar

Dynasty Warriors games only have a ton of characters because they are added through multiple releases. Any new Warrior series starts with a considerably smaller cast and even Dynasty Warriors itself when it updated its gameplay for 6 greatly reduced its cast (or more accurately made a clone-fest).

If you are expecting any more than say 15 characters MAX, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

However, they probably will support this with DLC like Zelda or a full on sequel

Hyrule Warriors have 16 at launch, almost doubled with DLC and that seems enough for the game to sell 1 millions copies on Wii U.

Honestly, in the ideal situation the game should have 20 character at the very least. Why is that, because the three guaranteed lords, Marth, Ike, and Chrome are all sword users and there's limit on how you can make unique moveset out of it (Lucina, whom also be guaranteed to see, will also be a sword user so that's 4). So they need other character to fill in the moveset diversity like what we have back on Hyrule Warriors.

i hope for more balanced representation, i think the series has matured enough to really try and bring back the whole history of fire emblem back into the spotlight.

That being said i'm really just hopin my boy Ike gets in the game

Ike is pretty much guaranteed alongside Marth, and Chrome.

Hyrule Warriors have 16 at launch, almost doubled with DLC and that seems enough for the game to sell 1 millions copies on Wii U.

Honestly, in the ideal situation the game should have 20 character at the very least. Why is that, because the three guaranteed lords, Marth, Ike, and Chrome are all sword users and there's limit on how you can make unique moveset out of it (Lucina, whom also be guaranteed to see, will also be a sword user so that's 4). So they need other character to fill in the moveset diversity like what we have back on Hyrule Warriors.

Ike is pretty much guaranteed alongside Marth, and Chrome.

Hope we will have

Elemental Magic, Light Magic, Dark Magic, Laguz, Spears, Axes, Bows, Knives

and Horses !!!!
I expect the majority of the roster to be from Fates and Awakening which is fine as long as they got Ike and goddess Nephenee representing PoR/RD

We need Mia, Zihark, Ilyana and Mist though

Thud

Probably not getting my man Ephraim or Hector to fuck shit up, but still there's a lot of characters.

This game needs horses. If they do an adventure mode type of thing, they should do the stages from the first fire emblem game with that soundtrack.

Didn't Hyrule Warriors revisited a lot of Zelda games too? I wouldn't worry too much about the other series' presence especially if there's a large community that will petition certain series characters to them later on as DLC.

not at the start, hyrule warriors just started with OOT,TP & SW.

MM stuff came with the DLC for the first game and WW stuff was the main draw of legends

the DLC for legends then went off and focus on some handheld titles (LA,PH,ST & LBW)

the point i'm saying is expect it to focus on the big titles first and then after (either DLC or a new version) that you will get some stuff from the not as big titles

To complement people asking for old FE callbacks, I say they should bring back the Dynasty Warrior 3 archers/crossbowmen to simulate what happens when flyers go up against arrow.s

Sandfox

I'm guessing this will feature:
Shadow Dragon
Awakening
Fates

With Radiance and potentially a new title as DLC. Roy is interesting I think he's mostly just popular in the west due to Melee.

Top Bottom