• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Diablo IV gameplay (PC, PS4, X1). Come share your opinions.

No real direct apology, no changes to suspension or anything before this and what they showed was meh. Really meh. D3 had flashier looking combat. Aside from the Druid, the two other classes were as by the books and vanilla Diablo as they could be. Also, cold corporate calculation to play this directly after the non apology. Because yeah... we are sorry about something we won't say, we aren't doing anything to change, but here's D4. Now shut the fuck up about the controversy like good little fanboys. Daddy's got to remain on China's good side and y'all fucking this up for us.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
that druid streamer needs to shut the fuck up all he says are two lines.

Spukc

damn an overworld and instanced caves with monster levels etc

DAMN BARB IS MY MAIN AGAIN

Last edited:
I like some of what I saw, but it’s honestly not going to make up for how they’ve handled the Hong Kong protests. They’ve apologized apparently but fuck them. They sided with China and went silent for a week, gave us a shit weekend press release then went silent again. They hoped it would blow over but no. Fuck them.

Kacho

I sure as hell hope it’s not releasing any time soon because the game looks very rough.

No Diablo 2 remaster to fill the gap is brutal too.

PerfectDark

Banned
DIablo 4 is exciting. When they say they are making to resemble Diablo 2 that creates more excitment. To be honest I don't think anyone at Blizzard now can create any Blizzard game half as good as any game before 2004 let alone Diablo 2.

After watching the streams with a open mind. All I see is Diablo 3 with a big expansion. Only your class items droping is the worst thing you can have in any arpg. This is the most casual loot system possible.

Last edited:

Kacho

It’s still too early to say. I know I’ll buy it and play it but the MMO aspects really put a damper on my excitement. That’s just not an experience I’m looking for in an ARPG.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
Everything I am reading is this was supose to be Diablo 3 expansion. They took out the Necro and put it in and changed the expansion for its own game DIablo 4. I am sure it will be better then Diablo 3. Not seeing anythign Diablo 2 like besides runes.

D2 arstyle
runewords but not just D2 ones but something akin to POE gem system with triggers, effects etc
skill tree is back
sets won't be OP, legendaries will be build changing
there will be affixes for non legendary gear that will change how build plays not just +1
openworld with non linear campaign
character customization

This looks like true D2 succesor.

Spukc

No real direct apology, no changes to suspension or anything before this and what they showed was meh. Really meh. D3 had flashier looking combat. Aside from the Druid, the two other classes were as by the books and vanilla Diablo as they could be. Also, cold corporate calculation to play this directly after the non apology. Because yeah... we are sorry about something we won't say, we aren't doing anything to change, but here's D4. Now shut the fuck up about the controversy like good little fanboys. Daddy's got to remain on China's good side and y'all fucking this up for us.

let me play a small violin for you when i go back playing diablo games

Helios

bdbnu01c05w31.jpg

wtf is this?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
D2 arstyle
runewords but not just D2 ones but something akin to POE gem system with triggers, effects etc
skill tree is back
sets won't be OP, legendaries will be build changing
there will be affixes for non legendary gear that will change how build plays not just +1
openworld with non linear campaign
character customization

This looks like true D2 succesor.
I'm thinking D4 will simply be "fixing" the Diablo 3 complaints by regressing to Diablo 2's complaints. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can already hear it:

"Legendaries make end-game builds too far out of reach"
"Rune words completely unbalance pvp"
"Skill tree is too rigid because you have to focus on [synergy]. Bring back Hellfire amulets."
"Sets are way too weak for how much effort you invest into finding them"

I do like that it's open world. Hopefully everything feels connected. The sense of scale to the maps was really good in D3 and I hope they make the maps even better.

Looks fucking excellent, but unfortunately you can tell that this is just a skin for Diablo 3. Huge disappointment if it plays like that pile of shit.

Sir, if D4 launches in 2020 I will eat my WC3 manual.

There is no chance.

None.
Dude, it's a D3 skin - it's not like they had to make a new engine.

Last edited:

Xenon

I really like what I've seen so far. And the customization all sounds great. My biggest hope is for an actual tangible feel to the different play styles and attacks. Adding more skill-based combat and rewards for doing it while would be the dream.

Honey Bunny

So much more appealing than D3. Not buying if they don't offer a proper apology and reverse those bans.

Last edited:

Spukc

bdbnu01c05w31.jpg

wtf is this?
beta don't worry m8 that will def change

I'm thinking D4 will simply be "fixing" the Diablo 3 complaints by regressing to Diablo 2's complaints. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can already hear it:

"Legendaries make end-game builds too far out of reach"
"Rune words completely unbalance pvp"
"Skill tree is too rigid because you have to focus on [synergy]. Bring back Hellfire amulets."
"Sets are way too weak for how much effort you invest into finding them"

I do like that it's open world. Hopefully everything feels connected. The sense of scale to the maps was really good in D3 and I hope they make the maps even better.

i still think pvp is retarded in diablo

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

I think it looks fine. But I thought 3 looked fine. The story was more meh than the graphics though. I liked D2's story way more.

Spukc

Yes, it is.

But it sells the idea of a world on the edge of the abyss under siege by demonic forces.
aye it's not that i don't WANT pvp fans to get this mode.
i just don't understand how to balance this.
without making the game simpler

And all the fanboys clapped in excitement just consume and forget

FMXVII

All I have to say right now is this:

When they announced Daiblo 3, several years before its release, in order to kill Hellgate: London, Blizzard promised LEGION things, both awesome and varied.

They delivered on absolutely zero of these things.

I won't be baited again, and my breath won't be bated, either.

Shifty

Well, the guy with the antlers is a druid.... Like literally exactly from Diablo 2.
Cheers grandpa (y)

b5f.png

I kid, I think I only played about 20 minutes of 2 with my asshole landlord and chill housemate back in uni.
PoE is the most Diablo thing I've touched in the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom