• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First downsampled 1080p screens from PS4 Pro (Titanfall 2)

Ajax125

Banned
While it's not much of a difference, this is probably the first and only thing that i've seen that makes me slightly more interested in the pro.

kinggroin

Banned
Umm......Yeah, definitely go with the 720p for the extra downsampling oomph.

No.

The aliasing is almost completely eliminated while also retaining a very high resolution for assets.

720p will just be soft and resolving less details. The game IS native 1080p after all.

Or we could go to 480p! Ultra down-sampling!! Will look like a CG DVD movie!

low-G

Considering a PC with a video card several times more powerful than the PS4 Pro's GPU can barely hold 1440p 60fps with max details, I'd be interested to see a PS4 & PC comparison.

While it's not much of a difference, this is probably the first and only thing that i've seen that makes me slightly more interested in the pro.

This is just the native resolution of the game viewed on a 1080p screen, nothing more.

Now imagine a game that includes better graphical effects.

DBT85

Wow, notable difference.

Wow. Looks clean.

Wow, that's a huge difference.

Hard to tell to me since the shots are taken from two different positions.

I'm blind. I see no difference.

ThisIsNeogaf.ping

jett

D-Member
We're the Uncharted 4 shots yesterday not downsampled?

I downsampled it here:

39fDY7i.png

vs

CrashBandicoot-Uncharted4-13.png

Maybe someone can get a more exact comparison.

takoyaki

Very impressive, there's a noticeable difference in image quality.

I bought TF2 because of all the praise the singleplayer campaign has been getting on GAF, it will be my “launch game” on the Pro :)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
PS4 Pro downsampled image to 1080p
ps4proweks1.png

PS4 Standard direct capture from Digital Foundry face-off
ps4standard77ob4.png

PS4 Pro
ps4pro2kkjjc.png

PS4 Standard
amarectv2016-11-0200-yckq0.png

Bullshot IQ arrives on consoles. (native resolution is unknown on PS4 pro version)

1080p screen owners rejoice!!!!

Thanks to kubinsky for the early screenshots. (lucky bugger)

Yep. Always new it would look great, but maybe now people will begin to understand lol.

BigEmil

Looks pretty good, nice to see they're finally catching up with the times.

Is it from native 4K though or fauxK?
'Oh no this looking too good for Sony gotta think of a way to downplay it'

Anyway damn again really tempted to purchase the Pro. If only I wasn't a broke uni student ugh

Wait, as a 4k hdtv owner, is a better for me to hook up my Pro to my 4k TV or to just hook it up to my 1080p TV.

Fuck, I've got a 720p TV too, the ultimate downsampling on that one...

what would be best.

Obviously the 4k one. The downsampled image looks nice and smooth on 1080p but detail is still lost.

AHK_Hero

Whoo that looks good.

Picking a Pro up for FFXV. Maybe I'll get Titanfall 2 just to have something to Proicisize in the meantime.

specdot

Well fuck, guess I'm getting a PS4Pro then.
I'm trying my hardest to resist the hype. lol. I don't have a 4K set yet, but seeing downsampled stuff like this makes me gush. If Bungie decided to add some staff and make a Pro patch for Destiny, I'll be there Day "It fell off the truck a few days early!"

Rodin

Amazing, that's a huge difference in image quality. FFXV will look glorious on the Pro.

Seeing these pics i think IQ will be quite similar between 1080p supersampled and 4K with checkerboard, the biggest difference will be HDR. Personally i don't care that much, as i prefer my 1080p OLED+dowsampling over a 4K LED with HDR, so i'm really liking what i'm seeing here.

Ammogeddon

Sorry if it's a dumb question but should be expect even cleaner images from a 4K screen capture or are these images pretty much representative of what we'll see on a 4K TV?

Top Bottom