• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Final Fantasy X-2 HD Screenshots

Mesoian

Part of me really wants to do a 3 person Let's Race of this, 1 person on the PCSX2, One Person playing the HD version and one person playing the PS2 with international edition. It would be a long one, but I think it would be worth it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
A couple more emulated x HD remaster (not trying to prove anything here, just for curiosity's sake):

iSEhf9VUllDFm.jpg

55e6f8a4.jpg

ibzTJqyNNWkDoP.jpg

89674e2b.jpg

are there some squash&stetch going on with the HD version?
characters look decidedly more elongated in emulated version
Seems more like the other way around to me, the stretch is in the emulated version.
Yeah it's the other way around, the aspect ratio in the emulated screens is a bit off (I didn't take them). Here's the PS2 Rikku scene:

dFBND4k.jpg

Akainu

I still wonder wear Lulu and Paine got their style from they are the only two people in Spira that dress they way they do.

Epic Drop

I got really turned off by the "GIRL POOOOOOOWER" beginning of FFX-2 when it first launched, so I didn't give it the chance that I should have (only played it for 1-2 hours). I'm excited to finally be able to play through it with a fresh perspective when this launches :)

Seda

I got really turned off by the "GIRL POOOOOOOWER" beginning of FFX-2 when it first launched, so I didn't give it the chance that I should have (only played it for 1-2 hours). I'm excited to finally be able to play through it with a fresh perspective when this launches :)

This 'girl power' stuff lessens a lot, but not completely, by chapter 3. The main plot still isn't very good, but it does improve at that point.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Explains why X-2 was when I started to fall off on the series.

Wonder if they'll sell X separately as a download at a later time...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I just hope they've fixed the problems with the animation system (which resulted in a "trembling" effect visible on all characters).

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Emulated shot versus HD remaster:

Many thanks, I kinda like the soft touch on those remastered screens.

Seeing how they changed things like cloud and water textures as well, there is no reason for me to cancel my preorder.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Real emotion baby.

Squire

Banned
Wow, that's a pretty huge difference. I'm getting pretty excited for this on Vita. I've been waiting a long time to replay these.

Rikku's face is so much better.

Would look good in a wedding photo.

I'm kidding.

Maybe I'm not.

This is a joke about waifus.

Explains why X-2 was when I started to fall off on the series.

Wonder if they'll sell X separately as a download at a later time...

It'll be a day one download on Vita because of policy regulation.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I was contemplating not getting either of the HD remasters simply because I don't feel like playing another Final Fantasy game for a while (and I don't like that it's not cross-buy, either, because I would've really liked to play this on Vita primarily), but... I really miss playing FFX-2. I love that game, mechanically-speaking, outside of the poor pacing of Chapter 4 (the entire structure of that chapter sort of boggles my mind to this very day).

I'd wanted to play FFX for the FF Anniversary thread a while ago, and was waiting for the HD Remaster of FFX to be released to easily take screens of that. Oh well. I'm still sitting here trying to make a decision for it. And then I think of FFX-2 and I really want to replay it.

It truly depends on how much the Vita versions would cost before I make a decision to buy the remasters on that platform or not.

Kokonoe said:
Newer stuff looks like Dissidia.
Yeah, that's the general look they want to go for for the portable games, as Type-0 and Crisis Core had a similar look. Technology makes for more realism, etc.

UberTag

These HD ports are really shaping up nice.

It's unfathomable to me that these will be the first Square Enix JRPGs I'll purchase in 2 1/2 years (since FFIV Complete Collection on PSP in Spring 2011).
They used to get so much of my gaming budget.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
These HD ports are really shaping up nice.

It's unfathomable to me that these will be the first Square Enix JRPGs I'll purchase in 2 1/2 years (since FFIV Complete Collection on PSP in Spring 2011).
They used to get so much of my gaming budget.
Heh. Tell me about it. I didn't have to think twice before buying a game of theirs, and I usually get their stuff day 1. Weird how it's kind of different now, eh? I do attribute this to my Final Fantasy/RPG burnout, though, and not necessarily what I think of the quality of their works.

Also, I feel totally bummed out over last night's Leafs/Bruins game. I knew it was gonna happen, too, but that hurt. Such a good game, though; love it when they get pushed into overtime (but man, I somewhat miss games with multiple overtime periods).

Good to know. I might double dip then.
If you weren't double-dipping, I'd suggest getting the Japanese version for one platform, and the English version for the other. >.>

Top Bottom