• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of The Conduit (Wii)

Scrubking

91591_conduit_2_122_2lo.jpg

91596_conduit_3_122_140lo.jpg

91597_conduit_4_122_67lo.jpg

bounchfx

I think it looks great. it really shines compared to their other games too. They are handling a lot right now and this is a big step for them from what I can tell. hopefully it turns out well and they are able to continue with the new ip kinda direction instead of having to focus mostly on projects for other publishers

can't wait to try it out.

PusherT

that gun were he peels the ammo out looks weird, I am a Goverment Consepericy "The Mist" stephen King feeling from this game.

joetachi

Some people here forget that this isn't a big third party, its a company that wants to earn respect this generation.This is a great start

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
If anything, the trailer was really well put-together. I liked the intro - good VO, appropriate music, and enough footage to make us interested.

*Puts game on radar*

LCGeek

formerly sane
HK-47 said:
Take a fucking breathe...

What's up with these comments as of late, I write passionately and bluntly a little tipsy at the moment so breathing is the least of my worries. I'm cool bro I wouldn't be posting if I wasn't.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It looks nice graphically, not sure why people are calling it a PS2 game.

Art direction/gameplay is another thing entirely though.

papercut

The tech is seemingly there, but I'm not impressed by the art style. Props to them for attempting something on the Wii, though. Good luck to them, hope the game turns out good.

TheGrayGhost said:
C'mon, now.

It will have to be really, really good to earn a purchase from me. And judging from the trailer, eh...

C'mon what? That's basically what it seems like to me.
MP's aliens and HL2's weapons and Combine soldiers.

Exempted

Banned
kame-sennin said:
No, Halo is generic because it's basically Aliens the videogame, art direction, dialog, story, ect. And I'm ok with that. Aliens is a kick ass movie, and Halo is a kick ass game.
That's... not true at all. Can you really look at something like a Grunt or Elite and call it similar to H.R. Giger's work?

Aliens was dark and black, and everything was metallic and industrial and claustrophobic.

Halo is bright and colorful, and features a lot of open areas.

Corrupt said:
In the UK, No More Heroes is the only third party game for the Wii I can think of that actually got marketed. The adverts came on quite a lot after 9pm. I'd hope they would do a similar job with this.

Zak and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (Chas and Dave FTW!!!)
My Sims Wii
Cooking Mama Wii
Boom Blox
Popcorn Games (yeah, I know!)

All 3rd party and all have TV ads that I've seen a bazillion* times.

(number may be exagerated)

Eteric Rice

I will buy this.

Why?

Because the Wii needs more games like this. AND the developer is actually fucking "trying," which is more than I can say about most.

Cheers for them. :)

Monkeylord said:
Zak and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbids
My Sims Wii
Cooking Mama Wii
Boom Blox

..plus Mario and Sonic, Sonic and the Secret Rings, PES 2008, Tiger Woods, Trauma Center...it's no wonder third party Wii games sell so well in the UK.

laserbeam

Banned
Game looks interesting and to those who are saying it doesnt live up to their tech demo etc. The Games in the middle of development. Final Effects etc are not in place.

It looks like its shaping up to be a good effort from a Small time company looking to make a name for themself

Jaded Alyx said:
..plus Mario and Sonic, Sonic and the Secret Rings, PES 2008, Tiger Woods, Trauma Center...it's no wonder third party Wii games sell so well in the UK.

Oooh... never saw a Trauma centre one, the others though, yeah. There's just too many for me to remember at 4am, lol.

Back on topic though I'm really digging some of the animation and weapon designs. If only that video wasn't so damn tiny and badly compressed!

Definately gonna keep an eye on this one.

Anyway, now that we've all had a say about the graphics, time for some speculation.

So I notice that in some of the video, he's wearing a normal black business suit.
But then here:
conduit6ly3.jpg

It seems to be an alien suit. I wonder if this suit will function in a similar way to Gordon's.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jaded Alyx said:

Yes. NoE has been good about ads and publishing games that otherwise would not get to Europe. They suck with release dates though

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Jaded Alyx said:
Wait.. really? I see next to no TV commercials in America, unless they are on G4 or something. I do remember seeing quite a few Tomb Raider: Anniversary commercials.

Corrupt

Monkeylord said:
Zak and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbids
My Sims Wii
Cooking Mama Wii
Boom Blox

Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 ads, but the rest must have passed me by.

Edit: And Pro Evo, how could I forget Michael Owen and Ian Wright :lol

Exempted said:
That's... not true at all. Can you really look at something like a Grunt or Elite and call it similar to H.R. Giger's work?

Aliens was dark and black, and everything was metallic and industrial and claustrophobic.

Halo is bright and colorful, and features a lot of open areas.

The Elites are more reminiscent of the Predator, but as far the marines and the human weapons/vehicles are concerned, Halo is so much like Aliens. But again, I don't think that's a bad thing.

yoopoo

Banned
This game looks fairly interesting, but only because its on the Piss.

You wanna see a good commercial campaign, look at Haze, fucking UBI is pimping this meh game like mad.

LCGeek

formerly sane
kame-sennin said:
The Elites are more reminiscent of the Predator, but as far the marines and the human weapons/vehicles are concerned, Halo is so much like Aliens. But again, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Not at all I think it's necessary for the super soldier environment and atmosphere they are trying to create especially considering the sci fi nature. I hope H4 fixes the wretched level design issues but to be honest all fps devs outside valve/epic seem to have forgotten a basic requirement of a really good fps.

Naar

Eteric Rice said:
I will buy this.

Why?

Because the Wii needs more games like this. AND the developer is actually fucking "trying," which is more than I can say about most.

Cheers for them. :)

any wii owner who complains about the shoveware on wii should think how this guy thinks ;)

they really are trying and out of thier pocket too!!

good luck guys :)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Monkeylord said:
Zak and Wiki
Rayman Raving Rabbids
My Sims Wii
Cooking Mama Wii
Boom Blox

Never seen any of those, well maybe a couple of Rabbids ones.

thefro

AceBandage said:
Anyway, now that we've all had a say about the graphics, time for some speculation.

So I notice that in some of the video, he's wearing a normal black business suit.
But then here:
conduit6ly3.jpg

It seems to be an alien suit. I wonder if this suit will function in a similar way to Gordon's.

Probably... remember, this is a secret service agent you're playing as, so I'm guessing the game starts off with the alien invasion and you pick the suit up in a later level.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wii needs more shooters. Metroid Prime 3 was by far the best controlling shooter* I've ever played on a console.

*Blah blah, yeah, first person adventure, I know.

Definetly shows potential. Interesting weapons. Hopefully it isn't a Red Steel all over again. We will see how this turns out when it actually gets played by the press.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Htown said:
Wii needs more shooters. Metroid Prime 3 was by far the best controlling shooter* I've ever played on a console.

*Blah blah, yeah, first person adventure, I know.
I guess you didn't play MoH:H2. :p

beef3483

Fantastical said:
I guess you didn't play MoH:H2. :p

It really is the best controlling console FPS. It's just a shame that it doesn't excel as well in other areas.

I honestly think the Conduit looks good enough, I just want to hear more about the gameplay. I'm dissappointed that nobody seems to have mentioned anything about the all-seeing-eye and what gameplay mechanics might revolve around it. Sometimes all I think Neogaf cares about is graphics, which is pretty shallow IMO.

beef3483 said:
It really is the best controlling console FPS. It's just a shame that it doesn't excel as well in other areas.

I honestly think the Conduit looks good enough, I just want to hear more about the gameplay. I'm dissappointed that nobody seems to have mentioned anything about the all-seeing-eye and what gameplay mechanics might revolve around it. Sometimes all I think Neogaf cares about is graphics, which is pretty shallow IMO.

Well, we don't know everything about The All Seeing Eye, other than it will reveal doors and invisible enemies.
But, it does seem to use a similar twisting motion (ala MP3) to open the secret passage.

Im impressed it was a no name developer who is first attempting an original fps on the wii. Red steel didnt happen. It looks solid, but the enemies are laughable. Find some better source material and rip it off if you have to. Or go the serious sam route.

Top Bottom