• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of The Conduit (Wii)

LCGeek

formerly sane
Red Steel was a joke because most said delay to make it better and ubisoft went ahead. More polish on the sword fighting and early levels the game would've been solid overall not great but definetly a demonstration that Wii was good at fps. Hopefully ubisoft takes a hint from EA and Retro let gamer figure out the aiming by massive tweaking letting the game speak for itself.

beef3483

LCGeek said:
Red Steel was a joke because most said delay to make it better and ubisoft went ahead. More polish on the sword fighting and early levels the game would've been solid overall not great but definetly a demonstration that Wii was good at fps. Hopefully ubisoft takes a hint from EA and Retro let gamer figure out the aiming by massive tweaking letting the game speak for itself.

I personally think that customizable sensitivity settings should be in all Wii games, most especially racers and shooters.

Stuneseht

Am i the only one who actually thought that was "Metroid prime" towards the end of the video.
metroidprimeguide_58.jpg

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Conduit-2.jpg

I don't understand why the sky is so dark and the buildings have so much bloom on them. They contrast each other.

As I said before, I'll remain optimistic because they are obviously putting a lot of effort into this.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Looks like it could use another coat of polish and tweaking, but it certainly looks better than those initial screens lead on.

Cautiously optimistic.

Bizzyb

Banned
And to think this is during early dev with no serious funding (yet, as I heard they got a publisher)

Man, these guys are putting almost all other 3rd parties to shame. Finally a 3rd party Wii game that

1. Isn't a port
2. doesn't involve saving animals
3. Isn't just a bunch of minigames
or
4. isn't rife with shamefully designed, poorly implemented gameplay with even worse visuals. (i.e. total shovelware)

LOCK

Though the company is not known for worth while games. you can clearly see the effort put into this title.

I will buy it if its decent.

Bizzyb said:
And to think this is during early dev with no serious funding (yet, as I heard they got a publisher)

Man, these guys are putting almost all other 3rd parties to shame. Finally a 3rd party Wii game that

1. Isn't a port
2. doesn't involve saving animals
3. Isn't just a bunch of minigames
or
4. isn't rife with shamefully designed, poorly implemented gameplay with even worse visuals. (i.e. total shovelware)
Seconded, I came to post that. For shame 3rd parties FOR SHAME.

Fantastical said:
Conduit-2.jpg

I don't understand why the sky is so dark and the buildings have so much bloom on them. They contrast each other.
There is a spaceship above which causes the darkness in the sky, and lights coming off of it illuminating the buildings.

I don't know this, but I think to sound confident anyway.

dogonfire said:
Hard to believe this doesn't have a publisher yet. It looks as good if not better than MP3.

It doesn't have a known publisher, but it's gotten a lot of offers, so they probably do have one.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AceBandage said:
It doesn't have a known publisher, but it's gotten a lot of offers, so they probably do have one.

How did NGG take the NPDs?

Did Link316 die of a heart attack?

Exempted

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
There is a spaceship above which causes the darkness in the sky, and lights coming off of it illuminating the buildings.

Maybe it's just cloudy on that side of the sky but sunny on the side you can't see.

and there's a rainbow

Teknoman

J-Rock said:
I'm getting a Perfect Dark vibe(loved that game). Looks good to me so far.

Hell the font even looked Perfect Dark'ish. This seems like it might be a "Western No More Heroes case".

dogonfire said:
Hard to believe this doesn't have a publisher yet. It looks as good if not better than MP3.
Yea, Cassamassina said that they had a lot of offers from publishers, hopefully it gets a publisher.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
dogonfire said:

:lol They can come back when they get a better art director

Hint: Thats impossible

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AceBandage said:
You know, bad trolling, lots of DC, crying...
And that's just Link.
:D
I'm still trudging through the wreckage of the GAF NPD and keeping up with all these new vids and threads...But I gotta see the real wackos get owned.

/end thread derailment

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AceBandage said:
You know, more FPS games need a rainbow...
More video games need rainbows period.

Thunder Monkey said:

I'll buy it. :D

This is a similar flaw in MoH:H2. Too much bloom with no light source.

fresquito

This video doesn't get me excited at all. I guess it's something about the art style, that is so primitive that puts me off. However, this looks somewhat good because every FPS game on the Wii except MP3 looks like shit.

is that the quake 3 engine? wow, i've really been wanting to revisit the generic half-life knock-offs developed in the eastern bloc circa 1999

please tell me the wii library isn't so utterly wretched that this elicits interest

please

I'm glad that someone is trying to push the wii but unfortunately, this game looks artistically uninspired. I hope it plays well. With a cool art direction it would look tons better, even with the same technology.

Narcosis

Lobster said:
Can't believe it doesn't even have a publisher..

I hope to god EA picks it up.

First Wii game to have you unlock in-game content with a credit card?

>_>
<_<

Seriously, if this turns out to be a decent FPS, I'd rather not have EA handle any of it...

Lobster

Banned
Drinky Crow said:
is that the quake 3 engine? wow, i've really been wanting to revisit the generic half-life knock-offs developed in the eastern bloc circa 1999

Is that a dumb fuck?

Oh wait its worse.

Its Drinky Crow!

:lol.............:lol.:lol.:lol...:lol
:lol.............:lol.......:lol...:lol
:lol.:lol.:lol....:lol.:lol.:lol...:lol.:lol.:lol

Narcosis said:
First Wii game to have you unlock in-game content with a credit card?

>_>
<_<

Seriously, if this turns out to be a decent FPS, I'd rather not have EA handle any of it...

If EA picks it up it will sell well.

If EA doesn't pick up the only other option is Ubisoft and even though NMH did not bomb it could've done wayyyy better.

mio said:
I also think that EA would be the best publisher for this one, but hey as long as it's not Ubisoft i'm fine.

*Hi-five*

jts

...hate me...
Lobster said:
Can't believe it doesn't even have a publisher..

I hope to god EA picks it up.
I also think that EA would be the best publisher for this one, but hey as long as it's not Ubisoft i'm fine.

edit: somewhat beaten but whatever.

it won't sell, period. fuck, this wouldn't even sell on the 360, where the audience adores third-rate fps offerings.

it's a generic sci-fi shooter with 1999's graphics, terrible art direction, and the usual godawful wii fps controls. if you want it to sell to the chucklefucks what own a wii, switch the characters to fisher-price wibble folk, set it in a karaoke bar, and ask folks to waggle the remote along to a collection of meredith brooks and shawn colvin adult contemporary hits

Eteric Rice

Drinky Crow said:
it won't sell, period. fuck, this wouldn't even sell on the 360, where the audience adores third-rate fps offerings.

it's a generic sci-fi shooter with 1999's graphics, terrible art direction, and the usual godawful wii fps controls. if you want it to sell to the chucklefucks what own a wii, switch the characters to fisher-price wibble folk, set it in a karaoke bar, and ask folks to waggle the remote along to a collection of meredith brooks and shawn colvin adult contemporary hits

If you don't like it, why are you here?

Gtfo?

Lobster

Banned
Drinky Crow said:

Do you not understand why you have your tag?

Its not a joke you dumbfuck.

same reason i'm in any wii thread: to empty my bladder on your little non-gamer parade

consider it an act of protest until all wii threads are properly relegated to ot

Top Bottom