• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of The Conduit (Wii)

Banned
Just asking, but what did the people disappointed by this trailer actually want to see. I see all these Prime/Half-Life/Geist/Halo comparisons, yet all those FPS are very different from each other.

Jacobi, are you new?

VAIL

What a sad lot in this thread, not that anyone should have expected anything less.

edited: Let's compare it to a game by a strong developer on a system that has been out forever and developers had a grip on (with bullshots from the game to boot) to game that is no where finished, by a smaller group ion a system that people are still learning on because no one outside a few devs gave a rats ass about the Gamecube. Really, are you people that moronic, or are you that pissed that the little box is sitting in first place? I'd love to know.

[Nintex]

Reminds of me Perfect Dark, looks better than most shit third parties have put out. Put in a decent splitscreen deathmatch+co-op mode and I'm in!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Fantastical said:
Hmmm, you're right. Looking back and videos... the game looks worse than I remember it. But the effects are still amazing.
It still looks better than any similar game on the Wii (unless you include Metroid Prime 3 as a first person shooter, which I do not). It simply demonstrates how little effort developers are putting into their games.

pakkit said:
And all this "LOL the developer sukks" needs to stop too. Sure, High Voltage games has released plenty of steaming piles, but there is one common link between all of them: they're licenced games and/or ports. The only game any of you should be focusing on is Hunter: The Reckoning, their only original IP game, that was really fun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter:_The_Reckoning

Not original IP. Also not "really fun". Not garbage, but definately the kind of game that only seems good because it was released at the beginning of a console lifecycle, and even then it was just a Gauntlet clone.

Cosmozone

Disappointed for lack of interesting art design again. Will shooter designers ever learn? At least technically there finally was some effort on the Wii platform.

Sadist said:
Hmm

I think it looks a bit generic, but it has potential. But isn't the game in the alpha stage or something?

Yeah, it's still in early development, and some of the effect (especially the blood) looked like placeholders.

EDarkness

Lobster said:
At this point its not even a game thats to be released.

I'm pretty sure they have a publisher after that trailer. I've watched it a few times now and all it tells me is that I WANT a game like that on the Wii so bad. I picked up MoH: Heroes 2 hoping it was going to be good and while the online is excellent, the single player is not that good. A good FPS would rock pretty hard on the Wii. Don't get me wrong, the stuff on the 360 is pretty good, but I think after MP3 I want more remote and nunchuck action. :D

Fuzz Rez

Banned
This looks one of those low-budget Russian FPS-games (from 99's). But still there is not much FPS-games on Wii so I'll take this one gladly.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Fuzz Rez said:
This looks one of those low-budget Russian FPS-games (from 99's). But still there is not much FPS-games on Wii so I'll take this one gladly.
That's odd logic. Due to the lack of FPS games on the Wii, you'd be willing to accept a low-budget Russian FPS?

batbeg

dark10x said:
That's odd logic. Due to the lack of FPS games on the Wii, you'd be willing to accept a low-budget Russian FPS?

It's not odd logic at all. "Beggars can't be choosers" ?

Not really sure where the bitchiing about the art is coming from.. Looks as pleasing to the eye as any fps from the Halo gen and if they actually could manage to add some more complex lighting I'd bet the enemies would look 10x better from that alone. I think the hype here comes from anyone who has played Metroid Prime 3 knowing that if a game like this can nail the controls down and at the very least not completely suck in every other category, that it will be great fun by default.

dark10x said:

It will probably be fun , not everyone cares much about graphics, its a non factor to most people

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
VAIL said:
What a sad lot in this thread, not that anyone should have expected anything less.

edited: Let's compare it to a game by a strong developer on a system that has been out forever and developers had a grip on (with bullshots from the game to boot) to game that is no where finished, by a smaller group ion a system that people are still learning on because no one outside a few devs gave a rats ass about the Gamecube. Really, are you people that moronic, or are you that pissed that the little box is sitting in first place? I'd love to know.

The latter I'm sure. :lol

JudgeN

norinrad21 said:
It will probably be fun , not everyone cares much about graphics, its a non factor to most people

Just because its a FPS on the Wii doesn't automatically make it fun. I enjoy FPS on Wii, the few that we have. But this just doesn't stand out to me at all, it has decent graphics but everything about it just gives a bad vibe. The problem with the FPS genre is that alot of idea have been done before. This shooter just gives me that "its been done before" vibe, and I also think the name of the game is stupid.

JudgeN said:
Just because its a FPS on the Wii doesn't automatically make it fun. I enjoy FPS on Wii, the few that we have. But this just doesn't stand out to me at all, it has decent graphics but everything about it just gives a bad vibe. The problem with the FPS genre is that alot of idea have been done before. This shooter just gives me that "its been done before" vibe, and I also think the name of the game is stupid.

I said it will probably be fun, in no where did i say its fun because its on the wii. for the love of God

JudgeN

norinrad21 said:
I said it will probably be fun, in no where did i say its fun because its on the wii. for the love of God

O right because if this had been the 360/PS3 it would get the same attention right? Ok Chef!

JudgeN said:
O right because if this had been the 360/PS3 it would get the same attention right? Ok Chef!

I don't own those consoles so i wouldn't know, but there seems to be huge threads for most 3rd party games on the PS360.

EDarkness

JudgeN said:

Eh? Man, I don't get people. The Wii gets a damn FPS that isn't WWII by some guys actually TRYING to make a good game and they get hell for it. Sheesh folks.

dacuk

Drinky Crow said:
don't be so tender, my little weepy vulva of a friend. buy a 360 and come back to gaming!

If you represents what is so-called "hardcore gamer group", hardcore gamers will become extinct in no more than 2 yrs.

Too much bitterness is bad for your heart... Lighten up, dude!

beef3483

Just so people know, the only way to kill the nefarious online personality, most widely known as Drinky Crow, is to ignore it.

pakkit

Banned
beef3483 said:
Just so people know, the only way to kill the nefarious online personality, most widely known as Drinky Crow, is to ignore it.
Shh! You spoke his name! Surely, a tempest this way comes?

acm2000

finally another game worth having a wii for, looks good, still not spending £180 to play it tho since theres only 1 game id buy for wii, and thats PES, heres hoping its cheaper 2nd hand by the time this comes out.

pakkit

Banned
acm2000 said:
finally another game worth having a wii for, looks good, still not spending £180 to play it tho since theres only 1 game id buy for wii, and thats PES, heres hoping its cheaper 2nd hand by the time this comes out.
Good luck with that.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Well, it definitely looks like one of the better looking Wii titles. I can see how people are complaining about the art style though. Despite the fact that it looks as good as it does, there were games last gen (Black, Killzone) that look better. My impression from the video is that the AI looks dumbed down as well. I'm not saying the games looks bad, I'll probably pick it up, I'm just saying that there's still room for improvement. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from High Voltage. It looks like they have the technical aspect of Wii graphics taken care of. Now they just need to focus on art direction.

Yeah, totally getting a Perfect Dark vibe from this. Guns looked really fun to use.

And when I say a Perfect Dark vibe, I meant the awesome Perfect Dark.

Not the shit biscuit Perfect Dark.

acm2000 said:

that's..some pretty weird preferences

CorwinB

norinrad21 said:
I don't own those consoles so i wouldn't know, but there seems to be huge threads for most 3rd party games on the PS360.

And to think those threads could be even bigger if they were invaded by Wii fanboys complaining about "old-gen controls"...

acm2000 said:

There is Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption too.

Gwanatu T

It looks great to me guys, some of you are just too picky at times. Not the best art in the world in places, but it's so early that it's possible many things will be remade before it's shipped anyway. The more FPS's we get on the Wii, the better.

Top Bottom