• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First image from Martin Scorsese's 'Silence'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Banned
GdqvRwP.jpg

Based on a famous Japanese novel. Apparently this has been his dream project for a while.

Here's some context:
Silence is an upcoming historic-drama based upon the novel of the same name. It is to be directed by Martin Scorsese, with an anticipated release date in 2016. Two Jesuit priests face violent persecution when they travel to Japan to seek out their mentor and spread the teachings of Christianity.

Liam Neeson as Father Ferreira
Andrew Garfield as Father Sebastião Rodrigues
Adam Driver as Father Francisco Garrpe
Tadanobu Asano as an interpreter for the priests
Ciaran Hinds as Father Valignano

-griffy-

Banned
Here's some context:
Silence is an upcoming historic-drama based upon the novel of the same name. It is to be directed by Martin Scorsese, with an anticipated release date in 2016. Two Jesuit priests face violent persecution when they travel to Japan to seek out their mentor and spread the teachings of Christianity.

Spinluck

Here's some context:

Was just about to post this lol

Fevaweva

I wish he pulled a Terrance Malick and realized that time is short on earth, and started acting more.

I kinda want this to happen, but the dude has a serious nose for great roles so maybe its for the best that he doesn't go full Malick.

I do want to see him in an action film one day. Old people killing criminals is very en vogue these days.

Guevara

The novel is supposed to be great, even if the short synopsis on Wikipedia makes it sound kinda laughable.

If they can translate the inner turmoil and questioning of faith to film, could be amazing.

If not, well prepare for an awkward scene of
a dude stepping on a Jesus carving.

Melon Husk

Smells like Shogun.

E: Andrew Garfield as Father Sebastião Rodrigues? “First the priests arrive. Then the conquistadores.”

I'm already buzzed for a sequel.

Addi

Read the book 6 or 7 years ago when I heard Scorsese would make a movie of it. He took his time (he bought the rights in the 90s I think), but I'm still really looking forward to it. If he pulls it off, it's going to be one of his greatest movies ever (yeah ok, the book really hit home for me). The acting has to be really be on point though, that's why it's a shame DDL isn't in it. It's going to be really heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom