• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First list of Xbox One backward compatibility games revealed

crazyprac

I never got my hopes up for bigger titles but I welcome the option of backwards compability! Not like I don't have a big ass backlogs from last gen... Sigh I wish I can stay up all day...

Justinh

He is just saying what I want to hear! Phil never delivers :p

Reach would be nice to get them all together at 60fps and cleaned up. I don't think Microsoft will ever revisit the old games again, not even for a Halo 3 Anniversary remaster. I think 343 are done with going back now, moving on to new stuff.

Yeah sorry. He does say that it doesn't keep them from doing a remaster, but that (at the time at least) they don't have any plans to do it and doesn't really sound like a thing. Sorry if I got your hopes up...
mp3 link Podcast Unlocked @ 13:50ish

Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon mention at the beginning @1:20 for the other guy...

naitosan

December list is gonna be glorious when you think about it. This month a lot of games are now out of way, making more room for even better games.

I'm betting we will see a lot multi disc games being supported.

93xfan

Banned
I guess they didn't do Halo Reach yet because it would affect the Halo 5 population. Glad that Beyond Good and Evil HD and Mirrors Edge is on there, though.

KiraXD

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey is all i want... Infinite Undiscovery in there for good measure as im currently playing it and havent finished it.

EvB

Where's Red Dead?

I don't know, but it must be coming. 57 of the 98 games I posted last night were announced today. Including a Call of Duty game that people have been saying was impossible because Activision have a deal with Sony.

Maybe GWG for December? Maybe on the next batch?

CTZUmRzWsAEqXhT.png

sTiTcH AU

The stick of truth is all I need for now :). Overall a pretty weak list however hopefully December brings in some better games.

I wonder what the deal is with Black Ops (presumably 1) given the go specifically. I really hope they put all the CODs up. Hell, sell a COD Legacy pack for $60 and I'll grab them just for the convenience of going digital. C'mon Activision, take my money. It's kind of your thing.

Head.spawn

Decent start, they got the number they promised. There are a bunch of games here that are still on my backlog (for finishing), so that's cool.

Looking forward to more.

EvB

Last night whilst delving I did find a list of retail games at the same time, I didn't post them as I was unsure about them. However after today's jackpot of announcements, it's made them all super likely. I'll post them up later

The way they talked about how simple the BC process would be (i.e. no work from publishers, just permission) I find it a bit weird that a game like Alan Wake, published by Microsoft, isn't on the list. But maybe they're holding back so they have a bunch of titles to announce in the coming months.

im_dany

The way they talked about how simple the BC process would be (i.e. no work from publishers, just permission) I find it a bit weird that a game like Alan Wake, published by Microsoft, isn't on the list. But maybe they're holding back so they have a bunch of titles to announce in the coming months.
Maybe GwG or free with Quantum Break

Last night whilst delving I did find a list of retail games at the same time, I didn't post them as I was unsure about them. However after today's jackpot of announcements, it's made them all super likely. I'll post them up later

I've been waiting all day for your thoughts on this list. I didn't have time to compare the lists myself but 59 is a pretty high percentage so it makes me cofident that your list is accurate.

I'm looking forward to your next one.

Bizzquik

I look forward to it.

You've been great, EvB. Sure, you didn't get 'em all right, but you proved that you know what you're talking about by even predicting the obscure titles.

Plans change. Things are in flux. Anyone demanding 100% accuracy from your lists can't understand this. Keep on keepin' on. Thanks again.

Chris1

I don't know, but it must be coming. 57 of the 98 games I posted last night were announced today. Including a Call of Duty game that people have been saying was impossible because Activision have a deal with Sony.

Maybe GWG for December? Maybe on the next batch?

CTZUmRzWsAEqXhT.png

You missed Jetpac refuelled and have Cod4 twice there, so 58/97 correct. JR has been BC since the reveal as it's part of Rare Replay

EvB

I've been waiting all day for your thoughts on this list. I didn't have time to compare the lists myself but 59 is a pretty high percentage so it makes me cofident that your list is accurate.

I'm looking forward to your next one.

ok, so here are the list of games that I found alongside others. This is from a larger selection, but everything else has all been announced already...
So, the odds are good.
I've made a few notes speculating why we haven't got them yet on some of them

Aegis Wing
Alan Wake - preorder bonus for QB?
Batman: Arkham Asylum - holding back until after holiday period sales of AK?
Batman: Arkham City - holding back until after holiday period sales of AK?
BAYONETTA
Bomberman LIVE - I've found the store page
Castlevania: SOTN - I've found the store page
COD: Black Ops II - Black Ops is now confirmed, so other COD games likely
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Dead Island
Fable Trilogy - 2&3 have been announced, the unreal engine remake of 1 hasn't been announced yet. I have seen it listed in places before and other UE games are working on BC
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Harms Way
MGS 2 AND 3 - I've seen the HD collection listed in the past ( were their 2 releases?)
Modern Warfare® - One of the first games I became certain of, the only ? was activision and BC
Red Dead Redemption - PREDICTION :GWG for december (has been on PS+)
RESIDENT EVIL 5
Skate 3 - announced today
Soulcalibur IV
TC's GRAW
Worms 2: Armageddon - I've found the store page

ok, so here are the list of games that I found alongside others. This is from a larger selection, but everything else has all been announced already...
So, the odds are good.
I've made a few notes speculating why we haven't got them yet on some of them

Aegis Wing
Alan Wake - preorder bonus for QB?
Batman: Arkham Asylum - holding back until after holiday period sales of AK?
Batman: Arkham City - holding back until after holiday period sales of AK?
BAYONETTA
Bomberman LIVE - I've found the store page
Castlevania: SOTN - I've found the store page
COD: Black Ops II - Black Ops is now confirmed, so other COD games likely
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Dead Island
Fable Trilogy - 2&3 have been announced, the unreal engine remake of 1 hasn't been announced yet. I have seen it listed in places before and other UE games are working on BC
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Harms Way
MGS 2 AND 3 - I've seen the HD collection listed in the past ( were their 2 releases?)
Modern Warfare® - One of the first games I became certain of, the only ? was activision and BC
Red Dead Redemption - PREDICTION :GWG for december (has been on PS+)
RESIDENT EVIL 5
Skate 3 - announced today
Soulcalibur IV
TC's GRAW
Worms 2: Armageddon - I've found the store page

Where are you getting your guesses from? Because I like your list better.

EvB

Where are you getting your guesses from? Because I like your list better.

Can't say. Every time I post something it gets harder to find more things :p

The list that they have posted so far are just the first games announced, for most of the Xbox population it's 104 games they didn't have access to before.

Over the coming months I think you will see more and more things that you want.

Vilifier

Neo Member
There are a few titles there I would pick up as a digital purchase if they went on sale, so it is a decent start.

My guess is that the emulator needs more work/optimisation to run some of the highly requested games, and Microsoft will keep testing the games publishers are ok with being backward compatible. So the list from EvB is a good guide on what games are being tested for the future.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I honestly don't mind the list. It has Gears and PacMan DX, which is what I still like playing.

However,

The fact that all of the popular shooters: Halo, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Crysis, Fear, etc., aren't there?

Yeah. Ouch.

muzzymate

I don't care about BC, but for those who do, I imagine that's a pretty weak list.

Nope. Without any effort on my part, the titles available to play on my Xbox One just increased by 46. I'm super happy and can't wait for more to appear in the months to come.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
All i want is Rez. Probably the #1 game I replay, have it on Dreamcast, PS2 and Xbox 360.

Top Bottom