• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at NEW RoboCop Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the biggest issue with the design is that if you were to insert in into any other movie nobody would think "Hey, that looks like Robocop." The design just looks a ton like those soldiers from the GI Joe movie, mixed with Batman and then some sort of future helmet slapped on for good measure.. Im glad it doesn't look just like the old design, it would so goofy that way, but it doesn't need to look this generic.

Courtesy of reddit

aUEgR.jpg

Log4Girlz

The problem is the people parroting that shit are just quietly implying, "You're a nostalgic old fart" by regurgitating that rhetoric.

I agree. When Robocop hit the scene it was like nothing we had seen at the time.

This?

As you've said, we've seen it countless times.

Certainly there is nothing new under the sun, it's just that some studios aren't willing to invest the time and money in concept artists worth a shit to get that end result that is like nothing we've seen before.

Not only have we seen it countless times, I have yet to see an armor/cyborg look as cool as the original RoboCop. Anyone insisting it looks like crap has a bad opinion.

Thriller

I've got two things to say.

1 : Robocop should most surely be as brutal and hardcore as the original AND have the cool sound effect when he is walking (you know as if his foot sucks against the floor or something).

2 : Bitches leave should have a reference :p

noah111

Still Alive
So it seems like they'll be ditching the silver almost altogether for a bunch of red gizmos and shining lens flare diodes. When's the trailer going to get?

Tr4nce

Oh my god, unless there's going to be some CG effects added to the suit, this looks so fucking shitty. I'm sorry.

Look at the original suit. It actually looks like a machine, and the design is just great. Black and silver. The new suit looks abominable.

He looks like Darth Maul.

Forget the colours, the shape is all wrong. He looks like a guy in a rubbery suit. Maybe it'll look better in the movie though, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

jett

D-Member
Robojedi!

Again with the uncovered hand, I wonder if that's actually part of the movie or if the actor just injured his hand or something.

Platy

Robojedi!

Again with the uncovered hand, I wonder if that's actually part of the movie or if the actor just injured his hand or something.

Considering the parts without armor like his hands and calfs ... I would guess that these parts will be replaced with CG to give a more "no way this is a human wearing this" feel

New suit looks awful IMO. Just looks like sci-fi guy in a suit #5466, the original is soo much better and they should have just stuck with it for the new movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if he moves around like a normal person too, instead of the stiff robotic movements in the original movie.

http://www.criticizethis.ca/2012/08/robocop-casting-call-for-young-canadian-boy.html

MGM/Sony sent out a casting call notice today that they are looking for a young Canadian boy between the ages of 9 and 11 for a part in their upcoming remake of RoboCop, starring Joel Kinnaman from AMC’s stellar show The Killing, along with Samuel L. Jackson, Abbie Cornish, Jay Baruchel, Jackie Earle Haley, and Gary Oldman. Auditions are on Thursday, August 30 and the role requires the boy to be available until January, 2013. If interested email a current picture, date of birth, and the name and contact number of a parent to castingfordavid@gmail.com. This is open to Canadian citizens only.

RoboCop is set to release August 9, 2013.

robocop.jpg

I know a lot of people are flipping out about the suit looking too generic/not silver/not sufficiently robo-like... but the thing that is even more important, the only thing that truly matters to me... is they better not friggin' make him retract his visor and talk to people with his whole face uncovered as if he's just some dude in a suit.

He's not some dude in a suit. He is half-dude half-suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom