• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at NEW RoboCop Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the helmet/visor, but the suit looks too much like Mass Effect, and why is he not wearing gloves??? The hands look silly. Hopefully, they'll add some gloves.....

G-Fex

Tazers are odd considering Robocop hates Tazers.

iooMhN1eTIK7a.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I have a funny story.

A while ago they were shooting at a gas station right around the corner from my house. About a week or so before they started shooting I got a standard notice put in my mailbox that the street was going to be closed for a movie shoot (I live in the studio district in Toronto, so this is quite common). The cool part was that it was written on Omnicorp letterhead - no reference of Robocop or anything.

I went out for my nightly walk with my dog and noticed camera equipment, lights, etc., set up at the gas station around the corner. Much to my surprise, they were actually in the middle of shooting a scene! I decided to walk over with my dog to check it out.

The gas station sits between two streets that run north and south of it. I walk on the south side, going slowly to make sure I wasn't upsetting anyone. I proceed to go almost directly south of the gas station. Then a whole bunch of people start to scramble and it's clear they are going to start another take. A pretty young woman walks up to me and asks that I stand a bit down the street so I'm out of the shot. The weird thing is she told me not to stand where I came from but actually move down the road where I'm even more directly in front of the gas station.

I did what I was told and stood still with my dog. The sound and camera guys get into place and the the actors get to their marks. The shooting starts. A sweet car - I think the new Camaro - pulls into the gas station and an actor gets out. He starts talking with other people at the gas station. There's a woman, too.

So far the cameras are all pointed away from me. Now it makes sense to me that I was told to stand at this spot.

That is until the actors start to move and the cameras swing around to POINT DIRECTLY AT ME. I'm frozen, unsure of what to do. I look around, trying to find the young woman. Then I see one of the camera guys poke his head around his camera, looking at me. I can see he's thinking WTF is this guy doing standing here. The shooting goes on for another minute and then I hear "CUT!" A man runs towards me and asks me to move down the street. He then finds the girl and starts reaming her out. Clearly she made a big mistake.

So I proceed down the street away from the gas station. I loop north and go back toward the gas station to go home. Now I'm on the north side of the street... directly in front of the gas station again. This time nobody is here to direct me so I march on.

THEN THEY START SHOOTING AGAIN. I stand still, frozen again. They don't ask me to move, even thought the cameras are pointed right at me. I decide to walk slowly away.

So if you see a pug and an awkward looking guy in the movie, you know it's your fellow gaffer, RSTEIN.

Sounds like they were doing a particularly shitty job of locking up the set, and the young woman wasn't clear what would be in frame. Oops.

I have a friend who can be spotted unknowingly jogging into the background of We Bought a Zoo.

All of the script detail posts are essentially about the same part of the story and there was a thread here about it. It was such a small snippet of the overall product that it seems a bit presumptuous to draw all kinds of conclusions.

The entire script leaked, not snippets. I think the script plays a pretty huge part of the movie making process, but maybe I'm just fucking crazy.

Have either of these ever actually been confirmed by anyone attached to the films?

The script was kind of weird. It didn't have a ton of violence, but when it did, it seemed pretty hard R. It would be easy to scrub away the R-ness, though.

As for the taser, yep. He does get a real gun for the big action finale in the script, though.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm still reserving judgement. I dig the visor, but nothing will replace the original look of Robo for me.

Stranger things have turned out excellent. Look at Dredd.

.GqueB.

Banned
The entire script leaked, not snippets. I think the script plays a pretty huge part of the movie making process, but maybe I'm just fucking crazy.
Didn't know the whole script leaked and you read it. Did a quick Google and all of the leaked stories were from last august and we're about the snippets I mentioned.

But if the script sucks then oh well. But I don't think everyone reacting to the suit and the hand and set photos have the same insight you do. That what I was reacting to moreso.

It's time to play Good cop, Robocop Hero

You know every TV spot is going to start or end with that line. Gonna be soooo good.

EDIT: Actually, I forgot this was being sent out to die first week of February. There will probably be no TV spots.

I thought that was some kind of internet joke.

Well, I'm sure it's a very cool taser.

No joke. Spoilers as to why:

He accidentally blows someones head off during training, so they take away his real gun.

G-Fex

You know every TV spot is going to start or end with that line. Gonna be soooo good.

No joke. Spoilers as to why:

He accidentally blows someones head off during training, so they take away his real gun.

and about later on when he gets his gun

spoiler
He does a pretty fucked up interrogation of some woman from omnicorp with a real gun

I have a funny story.

A while ago they were shooting at a gas station right around the corner from my house. About a week or so before they started shooting I got a standard notice put in my mailbox that the street was going to be closed for a movie shoot (I live in the studio district in Toronto, so this is quite common). The cool part was that it was written on Omnicorp letterhead - no reference of Robocop or anything.

I went out for my nightly walk with my dog and noticed camera equipment, lights, etc., set up at the gas station around the corner. Much to my surprise, they were actually in the middle of shooting a scene! I decided to walk over with my dog to check it out.

The gas station sits between two streets that run north and south of it. I walk on the south side, going slowly to make sure I wasn't upsetting anyone. I proceed to go almost directly south of the gas station. Then a whole bunch of people start to scramble and it's clear they are going to start another take. A pretty young woman walks up to me and asks that I stand a bit down the street so I'm out of the shot. The weird thing is she told me not to stand where I came from but actually move down the road where I'm even more directly in front of the gas station.

I did what I was told and stood still with my dog. The sound and camera guys get into place and the the actors get to their marks. The shooting starts. A sweet car - I think the new Camaro - pulls into the gas station and an actor gets out. He starts talking with other people at the gas station. There's a woman, too.

So far the cameras are all pointed away from me. Now it makes sense to me that I was told to stand at this spot.

That is until the actors start to move and the cameras swing around to POINT DIRECTLY AT ME. I'm frozen, unsure of what to do. I look around, trying to find the young woman. Then I see one of the camera guys poke his head around his camera, looking at me. I can see he's thinking WTF is this guy doing standing here. The shooting goes on for another minute and then I hear "CUT!" A man runs towards me and asks me to move down the street. He then finds the girl and starts reaming her out. Clearly she made a big mistake.

So I proceed down the street away from the gas station. I loop north and go back toward the gas station to go home. Now I'm on the north side of the street... directly in front of the gas station again. This time nobody is here to direct me so I march on.

THEN THEY START SHOOTING AGAIN. I stand still, frozen again. They don't ask me to move, even thought the cameras are pointed right at me. I decide to walk slowly away.

So if you see a pug and an awkward looking guy in the movie, you know it's your fellow gaffer, RSTEIN.

Now we know who to blame if the movie sucks.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
^ WTF is that gun! where is his automatic pistol!!! fuck.
Robocop-1.bmp

Bitch please.

Some friends and I were playing Black Ops 2 the other day and there is a gun that is similar to the RoboCop gun. I made a class with just the gun and hummed the tune as we ran around, one of my friends had shockingly never seen RoboCop.

We sat round last friday, played games, made chilli, then watched RoboCop just so he would know what we were talking about; it's still a cheesily great film, and know he knows the theme and what I am talking about going forward, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom