• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Star Wars Kinect: Swingin' With A Shirtless Nautolan [Up: Disneyland]

Angry Fork

Chamber said:
34t4pzc.jpg

Really hope they demo that live on stage.
lmao perfect gif.

Damn though as a Star Wars fan I shake my head everytime I see stuff like this. They ruin John Williams great music by featuring it in every single little commercialized diarrhea. Dat theme is just milked beyond belief. lol @ them making it look like the cieling shakes and they're reacting to it and shit, ugh.

SPEA

Looked ok I guess. Pretty much exactly what I expected.

Think about if you were a kid though. I'd shit myself in amazement if I got to play this at 10 years old.

Atomski

I saw podracers...

Which means it has potential awesomeness. The Podracer games were the best thing that came out of the prequels.

GeoramA

All the same shit we've seen in Star Wars games before. Flailing your arms around is supposed to be the big selling point?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Atomski said:
I saw podracers...

Which means it has potential awesomeness. The Podracer games were the best thing that came out of the prequels.
JoyRide: Midichlorian Extreme Racing

Fuck Lucasarts. I'm done with them until they make Star Wars Battlefront III.

Actually, they may even find a way to fuck that up somehow. Lucasarts used to be so good. How could this happen?

The video does such a bad job showing the connection between movement and gameplay that I honestly expect a live demo to make the game look better (still bad though).

DMeisterJ

Banned
Looks terribad, but all that really matters is that it will sell millions. Microsoft has proven that they have the ability to sell Fire in Hell.

The stage demo of this should be delicious though.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
So what would make a good Star Wars game for the Kinect? Other than being on-rails and childish graphical style, it might have potential to be okay at most. I can't see it being unplayable but maybe that's me being overly optimistic.

Prine

Banned
TheExecutive said:
MW3 owns that crown.

Im sure it does, doesnt stop other games from hitting massive numbers. If the demo comes out ok, and by that not GAF typical kinect-anything response, more like impressions from show floor i think its a safe bet for MS next as a big seller.

Margalis

Banned
With all the rumored emphasis on core Kinect games, I can't imagine that there won't be at least one or two along those lines announced tomorrow.

Isn't this supposed to be one of those core games?

DMeisterJ said:
Looks terribad, but all that really matters is that it will sell millions. Microsoft has proven that they have the ability to sell Fire in Hell.

The stage demo of this should be delicious though.

star-wars-kid-o.gif

Big One

Banned
Dr Eggman said:
So what would make a good Star Wars game for the Kinect? Other than being on-rails and childish graphical style, it might have potential to be okay at most. I can't see it being unplayable but maybe that's me being overly optimistic.
A pure Podracing game

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
AdventureRacing said:
The worst part about it isn't kinect. The game looks and runs like garbage from what i can tell.
The lightsaber swings at the speed of a dying snail.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Guevara said:
This probably counts as one the few "core" games we'll get out of the MS conference.

huh? Star Wars targeting hardcores anything? the prequels movies themselves are for children anyway.

I just....Jesus.

They should have just ported the Star Wars Arcade game. At least the majority of that's in first person and it's on-rails by design.

Top Bottom