• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Star Wars Kinect: Swingin' With A Shirtless Nautolan [Up: Disneyland]

antonz

Foffy said:
Oh my fuck @ the video of someone playing it.

That's some SERIOUS input lag.
Canned animations. You move and the camera reports how you moved and game plays animations tied to said movement.

The Hermit

Y2Kev said:
AHHH WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING

I hope they have this scene:

1250530813_dancing_storm_troopers.gif

And you have to "monkey do" it

Hmm. As others have said, if this is a hint of what is to come at the Microsoft Conference we're in for a real bucketload of .gif potential. ALthough I'm not sure I could even force myself to watch two hours of painful, awkward forced "innovation"!

Orayn

Shit, that new footage is terrible. It's like a dark reflection of the video where the gameplay is ahead of the guy "playing" it.

Sinoox

Banned
Qwomo said:
You seriously think the prequels were made for adults?

What?

Where am I?

Is this real life?

When George said the prequels were meant for kids I'm pretty sure he meant the newer generation of people. Not that they were supposed to have kid friendly themes, but they were just meant to be for the people who didn't grow up with Star Wars in theaters.

StrikerObi said:
Imagine what you could do if you could fly an X-Wing via Kinect and use a controller in your hand to fire weaponry and such. It'd be as if the controller was taking the place of the X-Wing's actual controls, and you only used your body for movement. That would be a brilliant idea.

This is why Sony and Nintendo use both movement and buttons. Without any tactile controls, you are EXTREMELY limited in what you can do. Using hand gestures to fire lasers from a spaceship is retarded. When you fly a plane, you only use movement (via a stick) to control direction. Everything else is buttons and toggles and such. Pure-motion is a far less realistic way of doing things.

Don't see the appeal of flight sim that requires body movement

SykoTech

...well, guess I'll replay The Force Unleashed now. After seeing that, it will surely seem like the great Star War game I've been waiting for.

Hex

Banned
user_nat said:
Looks like something kids would enjoy. Can't see myself buying this.

Disneyland Adventures looks less crap TBH.

I agree with this.
The Hogan game and the Star Wars game are pretty bad but the Disney one looks really fun for kids.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Qwomo said:
They were specifically made for children because George Lucas is merchandising magnate, and that's how he gets his income, by selling action figures of stupid things to stupid kids. He's pretty much come out and said as much.

You dont get what I am saying...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wario64 said:
More gameplay videos. IT LOOKS BAD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuchHcnzHq4

Thanks to jbug_617 on twitter
Woah, Kinect Disneyland or whatever is also Wii Sports Resort, lol. Flying through the area, finding baloons and shit :p

Edit: oh wait the flying seemed on rails instead. Really nice graphics on the on-foot sections though. Shame for the controls. Hugs, lol.

The graphics of Star Wars actually look pretty good in that video. Technically at least. Nice lighting on the character, lots of polygons, etc. The art, not so much.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That second video was amazing. I can't wait for the live demo tomorrow. Gentlemen, pre-heat your gif making engines.
Disney game looks much better than SWK imo.

antonz

GuessWho said:
Obviously the game is shit, but it's for young kids and I don't think some of you understand that.
If by kids you mean 30 year old manbabies sure but even they are not gonna wanna exercise like that

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, Disneyland Adventures at least looks decent, Star Wars Kinect still looks like it is not even remotley close for prime-time yet.

GuessWho

antonz said:
If by kids you mean 30 year old manbabies sure but even they are not gonna wanna exercise like that
i mean 12 and under, and you would be surprised how much energy little ones have.

I really hope MS' kid games don't take up more than 5 minutes of their conference. We don't need a 10 minute live demo of games with 4-5 canned gesture abilities.

Honestly the Disneyland game looks WAY better. But that may just be because I am a GIANT Disney park nerd. It looks like a pretty accurate recreation of the park, and reminds me a lot of the old NES game Disney's Adventures in the Magic Kingdom where you went around the Magic Kingdom and the rides were different games that you had to play. Same idea, but with Kinect this time. If i had a Kinect I'd totally buy it.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Junction Point was making the Disneyland game. Warren Spector is too much of a Disneyland nerd for him to NOT make an accurate recreation of the park.

Kintaco

This is the type of game that shows why I prefer the Wii and the PS Move way of doing it. Swinging nothing is lame, at least swinging a dildo is less lame.

Einbroch

Banned
Mike G.E.D. said:
what the hell were you guys expecting exactly?
They kind of touted it as a more hardcore (aka for us) game.

Looks like shovelware crap with the Star Wars name attached.

IIRC, Star Wars Kinect isn't a LucasArts project - MS bought the license and is funding and overseeing development at Terminal Reality, with little LA involvement. Disneyland might be a similar arrangement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom