• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Star Wars Kinect: Swingin' With A Shirtless Nautolan [Up: Disneyland]

The simple fact that it looks like you can freely walk around the park instantly makes Disneyland better than all the other Kinect games released so far.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Einbroch said:
Empire at War was pretty sweet... :(
Yeah, there are a few. Though very few on console in the last few years. Battlefront is probably the last really popular one, right? I still love Shadows of the Empire, but people have since told me it's shit.

Einbroch said:
They kind of touted it as a more hardcore (aka for us) game.

Looks like shovelware crap with the Star Wars name attached.

Those two words + Kinect = insta-fail.

If you bought Kinect for hardcore games, well.
nJsye.gif

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
lol hate.

I never had hopes for a Lucas Arts game. I have high hopes for Steel Batallion and the Panzer Dragoon like game.

Kintaco

StrikerObi said:
The simple fact that it looks like you can freely walk around the park instantly makes Disneyland better than all the other Kinect games released so far.
Let's see Xbox Kinect Bundle and Disneyland game: ~$300-$350
Disneyland Season Pass: ~$330
I'll stick to the real deal myself!

Bukana

SW looks terrible, thousands of people will buy it though :(!
DA looks good, reminds me of Toy Story 3: The Video Game.

Einbroch

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Yeah, there are a few. Though very few on console in the last few years. Battlefront is probably the last really popular one, right? I still love Shadows of the Empire, but people have since told me it's shit.
When you have to go back 6 years to the last decent (not great) game, you know the brand has gone down the shitter.

The Force Unleashed II could have been awesome, but...no. Heaven forbid we get a good SW game this generation.

godhandiscen

Kintaco said:
Such a stupid comparison.

Disney Game will sell well and so will the star wars game. The Disney Game might actually be a decent game though, and the star wars one seems to carry on the tradition of the license of late (pure crap).

My god, how does it look so amazing? It's so beautiful that I am seriously tearing up. There are no words for how much I love the Kinect, and the potential it seems to have.

In all seriousness, I wish that there were upcoming Kinect titles that appealed to me. I wish it was still the Natal, with its more interesting ideas that weren't limited to flailing around and body tracking. Looking at the MS list of leaks, I can barely find a single title that sounds like it would interest me, and I wonder if that will change in the coming future. :(

GhaleonEB

Looks even more awkward and crappier than I was expecting. And I was expecting something awkward and crappy.

Star Wars looks like a barely controlled mess.

MechDX

Kintaco said:
Yeah because everyone lives in fucking Anaheim.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget Forza 4 and Fable 4 and Alan Wake 2 and probably Gears of War 4.

Kintaco

godhandiscen said:
Such a stupid comparison.
How is it stupid? The quote I quoted mentions walking around the park, so that is why I wrote what I did.

MechDX said:
Yeah because everyone lives in fucking Anaheim.
That is why I wrote I'll stick to the real deal myself!

godhandiscen

Einbroch said:
I think he was being silly, not serious.

But still, $330 for a season pass is a pretty sweet deal.
Sounds too expensive to me. I got one as a gift 6-7 years ago when I lived close to Irvine, but even then I didn't go more than 2 times during the year.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
HocusPocus said:
I've decided the same thing. Move, Wii, Kinect etc. are not for me. Piss on all of them.
How are Wii/Move controller-less? Anyway, Wii and now Move have brought tangible improvements to core (console at least) games in many cases, Kinect so far hasn't, hence the attitude of the poster you quoted and agreed (while disagreeing, lol) with I imagine.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Well they'll have Halo HD.

Still don't believe it. Terrible move really, Halo remake has to come out blazzing out, a first gen game of next gen console.

We've already seen everything Halo has to give this gen.

Top Bottom