• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj00rn

Banned
Crushed said:
BY THE GODS IT IS GLORIOUS

1znv3ag.png

OBJECTION! That evidence is obviously fabricated!!!

;)

Kafel

Banned
See how the sky is fake and Banjo is in a dome in both screens ?

Remember the teaser when he was running to his universe and fell against a painted landscape ?

it looks pretty good, style is very similar to LBP is some ways, although you can see viva pinata's influence as well. Doesn't really show much yet, but I generally really dislike vehicles in platform games (jak 3 cough cough).

Graphically, its pretty different from ratchet and clank, so its difficult to compare...R & C is stunning though... Certainly from the picks it doesnt impress me more yet. They show nice textures and clarity, but very little geometry to judge much

BeeDog said:
Cool artstyle, really liked the old Banjo games from what I can remember. But haven't kept up at all, is this a platformer or some shooting game? It's a bit worrying that both screenies show off vehicular action.

Good observation. The other worrying part is the lack of objects to collect. But we saw just 2 screens, so...

Now that I look back at it, I guess gregor's uncharted pictures might have been a bit too much, but I might have done something like that too. I think some people just find it a bit annoying though, that sony enthusiasts tend to invade any positive thread related to Microsoft. They, at least from what I've seen, usually seem to cross the line first into trolling first in Microsoft related threads, so I guess sometimes people feel the need to troll back, thinking that it might drive them away like in a LOTR battle or something, I dunno. In the end, it's definitely futile, and only serves to make things even worse, but I can't help that think that the people who drag Microsoft vs. Sony comparisons into threads in the first place are worse than those that mock them.

Either way, hopefully this doesn't get any worse, as high profile 360 and PS3 exclusives that are coming this year will be difficult to discuss when a bunch of trolls are there waiting to stir shit up.

Nolan.

bigmakstudios said:
Now that I look back at it, I guess gregor's uncharted pictures might have been a bit too much, but I might have done something like that too. I think some people just find it a bit annoying though, that the SDF tends to invade any positive thread related to Microsoft. They, at least from what I've seen, usually seem to cross the line first into trolling first in Microsoft related threads, so I guess sometimes people feel the need to troll back, thinking that it might drive them away or something, I dunno. In the end, it's definitely futile, and only serves to make things even worse, but I can't help that think that the people who drag Microsoft vs. Sony comparisons into threads in the first place are worse than those that mock them.

Either way, hopefully this doesn't get any worse, as high profile 360 and PS3 exclusives that are coming this year will be difficult to discuss when a bunch of trolls are there waiting to stir shit up.

I thought ''what the heck'' at first but it was funny though.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Deacan said:
First person to spot a phallic shaped object wins a cookie.

I don't see a penis, but I see an awful lot of bungholes.

;)

Screens look hot. Rare's really mastered the living cartoon look and feel.

I think we all have to thank xenos. Without its almost limitless power such luscious graphics would not be imaginable.

Banjo 3 is a major leap in visual art.

Nolan.

Dr von plutt said:
I think we all have to thank xenos. Without its almost limitless power such luscious graphics would not be imaginable.

I am confused.

Haeleos

The game looks great. I'd show some platforming next with screenshots where the composition isn't comprised entirely of boxy objects, but otherwise I'm definitely digging it.

tak

andrewfee said:
Looks promising, I hope we get a video on Tuesday showing off some more environments / gameplay.
I hope so too. These two screen shots leave a lot to be guessed at, and it looks like there purpose is to mainly show off the new vehicle (and Mumbo's Nuts :D ), not the world.

MCD

Dr von plutt said:

Nailed it.

Wizpig

UPDATE: The leaked photos are TWO, there isn't a "Third photo".

These photos are apparently from a Microsoft press site; a guy found them and posted them on another forum, where i grabbed 'em and dediced to post 'em here on GAF for all the Trolls happiness.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Crushed said:
Maybe that's the new gameplay mechanic: you design the vehicle yourself! Propellers, wheels, seats, weapons, engines, etc., you find them or buy them (at Mumbo's Nuts [and Bolts]) and use them to create a customized vehicle that lets you access new areas.

i was thinking something like that too. that would be fucking awesome.

by the way, not sure if that first shot is a hub world, but it looks pretty clear that the second screen is from within that "stage" of sorts. [/capt obvious]

Chinner

Banned
Someone help me sum up this thread:
they dun stole lbp art style
best game ever
uncharted looks pretty good
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
hey quite a few trolls around here
worst game ever
is it sega genesis exclusive
pictures are humourous on the internet
they mostly come at night. mostly.

Wizpig said:
UPDATE: The leaked photos are TWO, there isn't a "Third photo".

These photos are apparently from a Microsoft press site; a guy found them and posted them on another forum, where i grabbed 'em and dediced to post 'em here on GAF for all the Trolls happiness.

Ok. Two screens are better then nothing.

Dr von plutt said:

Oh man.....

Dever

Banned
People talking about SDF this and SDF that might want to be more careful. I once got banned for doing that, apparently SDF/XDF is a banned meme. It was only for a week, but still. This thread really went to hell. :| If you don't care about a game, you don't need to let everyone know. It just leads to flaming.

batbeg

Chinner said:
Someone help me sum up this thread:
they dun stole lbp art style
best game ever
uncharted looks pretty good
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
hey quite a few trolls around here
worst game ever
is it sega genesis exclusive
pictures are humourous on the internet
they mostly come at night. mostly.

Rare are sending veiled anti-semitic messages in their games.

Also, they dun stole mario enemies.

h3ro

Dr von plutt said:

The game looks great, but what does this have to do with Scientology?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good to see that this thread has calmed down.

pswii60

Wollan said:
Totally missed this thread.

So is it a traditional platformer?
No, they said in Scribes back in January that it isn't a "traditional platformer". That doesn't mean it's not a platformer though. We'll know on Tuesday.

Ariexv

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
George, I have one single question so some dudes here will shut up forever:

Banjo Threeie has anything to do with planets and gravity like Galaxy, right?
He already said they aren't ripping off Galaxy in the other thread.

tak

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
George, I have one single question so some dudes here will shut up forever:

Banjo Threeie has anything to do with planets and gravity like Galaxy, right?
He's already answered that a long time ago, it doesn't. He basically said its not a rip off of Galaxy when someone was accusing it of such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom