• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis.jpg

KING OF GRAPHICS

MCD

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
George, I have one single question so some dudes here will shut up forever:

Banjo Threeie has anything to do with planets and gravity like Galaxy, right?
why are you so paranoid about anyone ripping off mario galaxy? let it go man.

IronicallyTwisted said:
*Pic"

KING OF GRAPHICS

Our planet is of course infinitely more amazing then all videogames ever created combined. But what is the point with the thread?

tak said:
He's already answered that a long time ago, it doesn't. He basically said its not a rip off of Galaxy when someone was accusing it of such.

Ok. I cannot know everything after all.

tak

I know this has been said a million times, but, if there were mods, there would be more then a few bans in this thread I think.

batbeg

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
George, I have one single question so some dudes here will shut up forever:

Banjo Threeie has anything to do with planets and gravity like Galaxy, right?

No, but they will have a tanooki suit.

That'd be so fucking off the chain.

Heh.

See what I did there?

NeXuSDK

Anyone expecting a traditional platformer will be severely disappointed. Personally I think it looks better and more interesting than any traditional platformer ever could...

pswii60

IronicallyTwisted said:
KING OF GRAPHICS
And this has what to do with BK?

This whole thread has turned in to a meltdown of epic proportions. I've never seen so much ban potential on GAF in my life. Even in NPDs.

Sheesh, the game must look good. It's the only explanation.

h3ro

pswii60 said:

This whole thread has turned in to a meltdown of epic proportions.

He's showing us what the game looks like when NASA runs it on their computers...

We need more info on this game! So far the only platforming fun I've had this gen is R&C... I need moar...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
NeXuSDK said:
Anyone expecting a traditional platformer will be severely disappointed. Personally I think it looks better and more interesting than any traditional platformer ever could...

:)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
NeXuSDK said:

i'm all for changes and new gameplay ideas... but i sure hope there will be SOME traditional platforming elements.... dont make me cry

stotch

Banned
NeXuSDK said:

Is it interesting in a vehicularly based way? Or is the game based around something else?

exfixate

NeXuSDK said:

That isn't to say the game doesn't involve traditional platforming elements, though, right?

pswii60 said:

This whole thread has turned in to a meltdown of epic proportions. I've never seen so much ban potential on GAF in my life. Even in NPDs.

Sheesh, the game must look good. It's the only explanation.

the game looks good, but the hype on both sides is pretty intense...its an arms race of epic proportions ahaha...I suppose the wii copped out in the race before it was released

Hmm, this place is getting a little out of hand, if a game looks great, we can appreciate it for what it is....

Also, crysis looks great, but not as realistic at all as those pictures entail..only in very selective instances

gofreak said:
Oh, and this vid reminds me..I hope they keep the warble. If they give Banjo a voice, I think I'll cry.

Total agreement. Though, if they have to give the characters a voice, PLEASE RARE, do it yourself! Compare the voice acting from Perfect Dark and Viva Pinata to Perfect Dark Zero. VP wins an award, PDZ makes my ears bleed. Use in-house voice actors, Rare! Chris Seavor, Eveline Fischer. These are the people you want.

RumFore

Banned
I'm glad for a new Banjo but the graphics are not that super-duper amazing. Want to hear more about the rumored controller for it.

DuckRacer

Chinner said:
Someone help me sum up this thread:
they dun stole lbp art style
best game ever
uncharted looks pretty good
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
hey quite a few trolls around here
worst game ever
is it sega genesis exclusive
pictures are humourous on the internet
they mostly come at night. mostly.
Eh, you did a pretty good job.

Screens look great. Can't wait. (imma poet 'n didnt know it luls)

Oh, and if the site isn't going to get, like, twenty new moderators actively patrolling the gaming side, I'm going to make a request for a Your Console Sucks subforum and a banishment of all the crap shitting up threads like these to such a forum. And then having the crap rot from the inside out.

Preview-Post-Edit: what the fuck, now there's Crysis in this thread? For the love of god.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Francias Castiglione said:
Come on guys, back on topic...

2hqxb0w.jpg
:lol :lol :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is really just a tease. You can't really make much out in any of the shots. There isn't a whole lot to look at compositionally. In the first shot you have a nicely decorated wall fence thing with Banjo in this cool looking contraption and then the background is completely blurred-- and in the second it's just Banjo with the same gears we saw in the background of the first shot.

The gears obviously seem critical to the gameplay, but there's not a whole lot going on.

It does seem like it could be vehicle based because both shots feature vehicles of some sort.

The style and color are excellent, but I'm not going to go crazy over these shots because there's so little going on!

Okay, now I will post some shots of STALKER for comparison. As you can see, STALKER contains many more particles per nanosecond underneath its subsurface rendering layer, but Banjo counters with Per Pixel Subcutaneous Lighting. Now I will discuss the games' development cycles and then conclude by saying that I ENJOY BOTH GAMES so you can't TROLL ME MOFUCKAS.

Atomspike

The game looks vibrant and colorful , but what's up with the character design ? Banjo is the lamest design i've seen in any platformer .

RumFore said:
I'm glad for a new Banjo but the graphics are not that super-duper amazing. Want to hear more about the rumored controller for it.

What is the sense to be interested in a rip-off the Wiimote?

There are 2 logic thing to hope:

1) The new controller is not only a rip-off of the Wii controller, otherwise it would not make sense since the Wii is out there and it has the Wiimote as absolute standard.

2) There is not a new controller and Banjo uses simply the classic one. So, what will matter is the innovation as genre and not as gameplay.

B-Ri

wow, it really does look little big planet-ish.

I wonder how long before a user remakes the it on LBP :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
exfixate said:
That isn't to say the game doesn't involve traditional platforming elements, though, right?

What he is saying is that it is going to be the best looking game ever when it is revealed next week. Plus it is going to have kickass gameplay. Banjo is a fucking superstar again and people are just going to have to deal with it.

I wonder if they've replaced the element involving Kazooie upgrades with assembling vehicles in order to reach new areas. Personally, I hope they haven't. I liked being able to power up Kazooie. And at least in the teaser, it seemed like that feature was still in tact, as he/she/it was used as a chainsaw... or something of the sort.

B-Ri said:
wow, it really does look little big planet-ish.

I wonder how long before a user remakes the it on LBP :lol

And round and round we go...

EDIT:

beelzebozo from page 4: said:
looks pretty good, but why would i pay for this when i could just recreate it in little big planet

NTom64 said:
It...is glorious 0_0

Can't wait till the full reveal next week :D

Glorious indeed. Im glad that we finally are seeing a glimpse of the potential of what xenos can produce in the right hands. And I cant wait to see what is coming next.

Agent Icebeezy said:
What he is saying is that it is going to be the best looking game ever when it is revealed next week. Plus it is going to have kickass gameplay. Banjo is a fucking superstar again and people are just going to have to deal with it.

Who is this dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom