• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Real PS5 Console Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeautifulRobots

Neo Member
I wasn't sure about the design when it was first revealed and thought it would grow on me, but honestly, I think I dislike it more every time I see it.

Obviously the shape of the box means fuck all at the end of the day and I may think differently after seeing it in person.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm most curious about how loud it is. That clock of 2.23Ghz is pretty insane and will require some proper cooling... which it is supposed to have. But that doesn't mean it has to be quiet.
I pre-ordered one but damn. PSFug.
It's the biggest console out there, has the biggest fan vents, has a curved white shell which airflow will contour to, and a gpu running at 2.2ghz which is highest ever in a console (not sure how it compares to PC gpus).

I have a feeling this is either going to be a solidly engineered quiet system, or the loudest fuck ever.

Last edited:

Neo_game

I think it looks great vertically, especially on a angle. I wanted the console to look like the devkit which was also pretty big with V shape.

Reactions: TLZ

MaulerX

2020-07-06-image.png

Turns out this picture was real.

AGRacing

I think it is gorgeous.. I have plenty of criticism for this launch but the hardware is sharp lookin'. I predict many of you will flip when seeing it in person.

Ozzie666

I guess they did anything they could to avoid it being similar in shape to the ps3 by putting the white fins (lack of a better word) around it. The side shots, it looks really thick and similar to ps3. I don't blame them for distancing themselves from the ps3. I really hope they sell colored fins. It's big, but I still like the look of it. I like their whole ascetic with the controller.

Ar¢tos

Do you think its great design that a console REQUIRES a stand?
It was designed for a stand, it's not an afterthought and the stand is included.
You are just looking for things to criticize.

You don't like it, we get it.

• Thoughtful

TLZ

Banned
It's not a guy thing, most guys I like to think give a shit. I would say its an under 20's guy or still living at home thing.
I'm a 40 yr old family man, lived on my own since I was 19, and I think it looks great. I'm into architecture, and I love the artistic look of it. I prefer them to look this way and not a bland brick.

I'm most curious about how loud it is. That clock of 2.23Ghz is pretty insane and will require some proper cooling... which it is supposed to have. But that doesn't mean it has to be quiet.
Fans would have to be on at near full speed, always, if it's maxing out it's performance of 10.3TF, and if the fans dropped a little... Let's not even go there. I honestly think Sony should have went with more CU's and sacrificed a little bit of frequency. It would be more well rounded, but they have their way of doing things. Just not sure how it will play out with multiplatforms, as I'm sure they will be optimizing their in house games around that hardware set.

mod edit: not sure how we ended up with two of these threads, but we'll keep the one created first open. No point merging as the thread will get messed up and out of sequence with timestamps

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom