• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Real PS5 Console Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRSVmln.png

mancs

Looks gorgeous , better in black though , though tbh I'll be looking at the better Sony games I'll be playing .....

I'm an Xbox guy, but I will hold judgment, because sonys always look more hideous to me until i get them in front of me, then they usually look a little more, sleek better than presented online.

Reactions: Isa

Tangerine

It looks like somebody started to run it over with a car and stopped midway. Hideous.

Maybe they should have finished the job.

I've got one preordered but it's going behind my tv. I'd conceal it in a draw in my chest of draws but it would probably overheat :/

Eat shit PS3. THERE'S A NEW BIG BOY IN TOWN.

Probably does look better in person. PS5 just needs to take a page out of the Fat Chicks and Tinder. Gotta get those angles in.

• LOL
This looks like something that you can press. Maybe the whole bottom panel can be removed this way and that's how you install additional storage?

EDIT: like others pointed out, it's most likely for the horrendous vertical stand piece of plastic-thing.

Z2q2Ps3.jpg

I was thinking the same, but it also looks like the power supply is right in that area as well, so no telling. I have a feeling the top cover is going to slide off in some way to give you access to the NVMe port.

I don't really care what it looks like but yea this thing ugly when it's not standing up. Even standing up it don't look good in most people's rooms but God damn sideways it's terrible looking

Isa

Guess I'm one of the few who think it doesn't look bad? Not amazing but I'm not disgusted or repulsed. I think it looks ok and like most of my consoles I wont be looking at it much. I think it'd be something like one might see on LGR's channel covering old tech and computers. That is to say, its something that'll be remembered for its time as unique and divisive. But what matters the most are the games and that's what I'm getting one for.

Also as a pretty big fan, having suffered through the PS4 Pro's jet engine fan, as long as its quiet and stays that way throughout its life cycle, I'll be a happy camper. Otherwise we'll have some problems. I wonder what the eventual Slim and Pro versions would look like...

This thing is UGLY. By far the ugliest looking Sony console.

The size is a bit much too, but at the end of the day I don't really care if have to move some shit around under my TV when I buy one.

Jadsey

I must admit that, despite being a huge Playstation fan, that thing is quite fucking ugly in the flesh :messenger_face_screaming:

Oh well, as long as it’s quiet, I’ll be happy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom