• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Real PS5 Console Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown?

It's not my opinion. The stand on a console is useless. It should have smaller footprint and have both positions possible without a hunk of plastic.
What does that have to do with your tv. hang it on ropes if You want. I dont give a fuck
Lmfao! You said it shouldn't need a stand or it's a bad design and he pointed out other electronics do need them.

Tangerine

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned
Your television does not need a seperate stand in the sense that the PS5 needs a seperate stand or you have a weird and terribly designed TV. You are equivocating the word "stand." By "stand" he means something like "a distinct and separate object whose function is to hold upright another object" whereas you mean something like "an object one rests another object on to increase its height from the floor."

And this is an opinion board. You shouldn't expect people to qualify posts with "in my opinion." It's an obvious unspoken truth. Thats how language works.
so every console with a separate stand its bad design no? good to know ,cause there is a lot of them,included all the past xboxes

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Never ever approve console designs during office parties.

But why are there two different controllers? Has another one been announced?

Breakage

The horizontal front and rear shots look the worst. Genuinely looks as if the case has been peeled apart by an angry person.

Last edited:

Arkam

So that means we should see a few show up at media outlets and influencers soon! We have what, 7 weeks til launch? I am going to guess we get two more PS streams and one will walk us through the OS features. I have zero doubt that it will be great.... I just hate to wait.

I anticipate it to use a blower similar to the one X and it's pulling all the air on the "thic" side. To keep it quiet and accommodate for the variable clocks it's going to need a large blower.

In definitely not expecting it to have a small fan like the PS4. I'm curious as to how many fans it will have though.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The shots are horizontal/laying down where it always looked much worse than when vertical. Not saying it looks amazing, but standing up it will look a lot better. The XSX also looks a lot worse on it's side. Only the XSS looks ok on it's side (but looks horrible standing up).

NullZ3r0

Banned
It doens't look that sexy but people have to understand that sony needs room for the cooling.

do you prefer a sick looking console who sound like a boeing 747 who heat up like brazil during summer?

both consolles are gigantic for the same reason.
Series X isn't that large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom