• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Real PS5 Console Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is that stand dual purpose (flat and vertical)?

I can see how it fits for flat positioning where it clamps to the back, but if you want to stand up the system, what's the point of that clamp part?

Looking at the way the grooved slot is in the stand, the system wouldn't even slide into it vertical and have it clamp at at the back.

Is there a separate vertical stand?

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

I think what happened was Sony had one of those in-house "Let Your Kids Design our Product" competitions, you know like a team building exercise kind of thing.
Long story short...the CEO's kid entered and everyone else was too shit scared to tell him his darling child's design was shite.

reptilex

Banned
I'm okay with the design, but this is too disgustingly fat, they did the same mistake as the PS3, their least successful console, made it even worst AND in a time where people expect more and more compact/less wastefull devices.

At least Microsoft tried...fuck, can't believe I'm considering an Xbox for the first time, but this one is hard pass for me and pretty much all of my colleagues.

I've extracted the pictures from the report, they're a little better quality than the screenshots of the pdf in OP.

6hR5tQS.jpg

mTd2i0n.jpg

krngUd0.jpg

YVliEXZ.jpg

VfyaIXc.jpg

wiFJ4O2.jpg

HMvC5mU.jpg

AC7mKIB.jpg

bVRIfxs.jpg

u6pgfDm.jpg

qoGUSEx.jpg

u8ihDFK.jpg

console looks to be around 45cm tall, without the stand.... I don't see how Sony gets 39cm.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Beautiful.

I have to say, people are gonna have a lot of issues installing the stand. Very impractical for mass audience

Birdo

Banned
I still don't know why it needs a stand for vertical. The base is plenty wide enough. Wider than both PS3 and 360, and they didn't need stands.

I still don't know why it needs a stand for vertical. The base is plenty wide enough. Wider than both PS3 and 360, and they didn't need stands.

Harder to knock over I guess. It's an expensive kit to risk getting knocked over especially if have kids or pets.

TheMan

If you don't buy a console you want because you don't like the look of it then you're an idiot. Thats my opinion.

I know a kid in 5th grade whose Mom bought him a 3do but he traded it in because it was too ugly. That blew my mind man

• Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

Dargor

So, has anyone puts this down into cm?

At the risk of sounding stupid, going by the ruler in the image it seems to be 47cm long, 33 wide and 20cm tall? (on its side)

Mattyp

Gold Member
Its free who cares? I know ps5 preorder numbers make some of you nervous and desperate for bad ps5 news,.. But this seriously?

Uh? Really not sure what to say to this. We're all talking about shit poor design and aesthetics, I'm sure there's a pre order numbers thread if that's what you want to discuss but.

Shmunter

The radical idea is beginning to grow on me. Bold designs usually take time to settle and be accepted. Following on, it is everything else that looks dull and dated.

JLB

Banned
The radical idea is beginning to grow on me. Bold designs usually take time to settle and be accepted. Following on, it is everything else that looks dull and dated.

Its a console that does not stand, horizontally or vertically. Radical is not the right word imo.

Last edited:

salva

Fuck it's ugly.
Looking forward to my XSX.
I will be getting a ps5 later into the gen. I just hope it's whisper quiet.

It's a heat buffer so it doesn't leave burn marks on your TV stand, or your floor since that's where you'll be putting it. Because of heat generated by the clock speeds...

giphy.gif

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It was a general comment about all consoles past present and future. Looks on a console are irrelevant.

Maybe that's a guy thing, don't give a shit what your home looks like, but to me it's not irrelevant. I'm glad that ugly ass thing is the PS5 because if was the Series X I wouldn't have that thing in my house and I'd just stay with 1X and Switch until they came out with something acceptable looking.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Maybe that's a guy thing, don't give a shit what your home looks like, but to me it's not irrelevant. I'm glad that ugly ass thing is the PS5 because if was the Series X I wouldn't have that thing in my house and I'd just stay with 1X and Switch until they came out with something acceptable looking.

It's not a guy thing, most guys I like to think give a shit. I would say its an under 20's guy or still living at home thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom