• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Real PS5 Console Images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that thing 470mm long. That is one ugly brutus of a thing.

¿470mm? Nope.

DimensionsPS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base) PS5 Digital Edition: Approx. 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)
WeightPS5: 4.5kg PS5 Digital Edition: 3.9kg

Last edited:

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
I agree that it is pretty fugly, but I won't be buying one for its looks. Don't think I've ever bought a console for its looks. I'll concede the xbox pair look a bit nicer, but are quite bland, so they couldn't really go wrong. This design is marmite.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Curious about the fan noise on that huge boy. Do we know anything about that?

This looks like something that you can press. Maybe the whole bottom panel can be removed this way and that's how you install additional storage?

Z2q2Ps3.jpg

EiQ1jRzXkAgK9zn
EiQ1jRrWAAIJzvJ

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Standing up it looks very nice, laying down it looks terrible. Not the worst design they've done, PS3 phat was truly hideous. Wasn't a big fan of the OG PS2 design either. Slim models on the other hand has almost always looked sexy.

kyoji

They just need to change the color. White as the primary color is not it, They should use black and another color, or even two shades of black. Either way im pumped for it to release. I have the disc based Ps5, Demon Souls, Spider man MM, Black ops, God fall, extra controller, charging station, wireless headset, all pre-ordered, lets f'n Go!

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
¿470mm? Nope.

DimensionsPS5: Approx. 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base) PS5 Digital Edition: Approx. 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (width x height x depth)(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)

Excludes largest projection, either way its huge.

Mattyp

Gold Member
¿470mm? Nope.

Interesting, on the size shots but that shows nearly 500mm, even hard butting it to the straight edge there's not an extra 110 gap there... more like 20mm at the very tops. The thing really is around 470mm or so long. What do they mean "approx" how can they not know exactly how long their console is?

Christ but it would of looked so much better in black keeps getting worse each shot. Wouldn't buy it to put in my house on aesthetics alone.

Edit - "(excludes largest projection, excludes Base)" No doubt this is not including the white flares, this thing is really nearly 500mm long. Chonk.

Last edited:
I have a feeling it probably looks even weirder inside. I'm still getting one though.

I dont if you saw this already DarkMage619 DarkMage619

There has not been one PS5 teardown or hands on presentation. I'm 'concerned' the PS5 might not even be real at this point. Those videos could have been made on high end PCs. Where is the hardware Sony?

The hardware is right in these images.

Last edited:
Thank god everyone else thinks its hideous, i was almost scared to say it in another thread because i'd be jumped on for it. I see no appeal in this design at all. Whats with the random curvature of the shell? Why is it so damn bulky? Whats with the big plastic wings that protrude from the outer shell?

I just don't like it, at all.

Thank god everyone else thinks its hideous, i was almost scared to say it in another thread because i'd be jumped on for it. I see no appeal in this design at all. Whats with the random curvature of the shell? Why is it so damn bulky? Whats with the big plastic wings that protrude from the outer shell?

I just don't like it, at all.

My guess it's probably has something to do with the internals.

My guess it's probably has something to do with the internals.
For sure, the design they've ended up with is probably what they thought was best for aesthetics and cooling. Most people probably wont care as long as it plays the games they are excited for. The PS3 Phat wasn't a looker either but they still managed 100+ million units sold.

Hissing Sid

Having relentlessly taken the piss out of the renders I can honestly say that now I've seen it in the flesh it's actually quite ...... a great deal more ugly! It looks even fatter and more warped, if that were possible.

I think the new consoles from both the big boys look like shit this time around but the PS5 in particular is a crime against aesthetic design and should be shot at dawn. I mean looks wise, she isn't even emergency shag material at club kicking out time.

Hideous.

For sure, the design they've ended up with is probably what they thought was best for aesthetics and cooling. Most people probably wont care as long as it plays the games they are excited for. The PS3 Phat wasn't a looker either but they still managed 100+ million units sold.

As a note look at the part where it widens alot. I'm guessing there could be a big fan there. Heck if anything the weird curves are probably to maximize airflow.

They could just get rid of the fins and make it a slab.

Once we get a teardown the design will be alot more clear. And if it manages to be cool and quiet as result that will be great news for PS5 owners.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
As a note look at the part where it widens alot. I'm guessing there could be a big fan there. Heck if anything the weird curves are probably to maximize airflow.

They could just get rid of the fins and make it a slab.

Once we get a teardown the design will be alot more clear. And if it manages to be cool and quiet as result that will be great news for PS5 owners.

I anticipate it to use a blower similar to the one X and it's pulling all the air on the "thic" side. To keep it quiet and accommodate for the variable clocks it's going to need a large blower.

MastaKiiLA

Are the same people calling this ugly the same ones calling a box sexy?

I don't understand anything anymore. It looks good. I don't much care what it looks like though. My main concerns are practical. Will the white plastic yellow over time? Was it designed to be upright or horizontal? Because I want to run it in optimal orientation to minimize heat issues over time. I live in a warmer climate. While I keep my apartment at 20C, I still want to give it the best opportunity to dissipate heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom