• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Ryse Review

Taker34

Banned
I will do a new review thread if nobody else wants to.

do-it3hq56.gif

Fistwell

WTF, are you joking or you really heard that?
I havent seen no one dying at the demonstrations, but if thats true, what a HUGE FAIL.
Like just watch the infinity QTEs wasnt enough!!
You can fail though. The dude takes takes a knee and a msg along the lines of "Marius was defeated" flashes in (as seen in the polygon stream yesterday).

rdrr gnr

I'll throw out a prediction: Sessler's 2/5 or 4/10 is the lowest score this game will get.
Prediction 2: No mainstream website will rate this game higher than 9 (or 4/5 stars).

Polygon doesn't count.

kanuuna

I haven't had much of a look at this game beyond E3, but damn it looks pretty from Sessler's review. It's a shame they couldn't make a more inspiring game to compliment such visuals.

Huggers

My guess

+ Beautiful to look at
+ Engaging theme and environments
+ Fun Story
+ Would enjoy a more fleshed out sequel

- Game too short
- Despite combat feeling visceral, too limited
- Dull online modes

Metascore 7.0

Fistwell

eurogamer said:
Nasty, brutish and short, Ryse: Son of Rome has emerged from a seven-year development hell as a visually resplendent, preternaturally dumb action game that exhibits a galling, monotonous bloodlust.
I see.

kalmeq

Neo Member
yeah its bullchit. god of war is also repetitive as is ninja gaiden. dynasty warriors has better review and its freaking repetitive lol (i like DW dont bash on me). when sessler say story is bad ... dont know doubt its that bad.(ign said its great)

i just saw ign review . they said combat are too easy -_- just put the freaking game on very hard or hard. mario is easy is it bad because of it ? nope!

anyway im out out of here from what ive seen looks great

Robotziane

Neo Member
yeah its bullchit. god of war is also repetitive as is ninja gaiden. dynasty warriors has better review and its freaking repetitive lol (i like DW dont bash on me). when sessler say story is bad ... dont know doubt its that bad.(ign said its great)

i just saw ign review . they said combat are too easy -_- just put the freaking game on very hard or hard. mario is easy is it bad because of it ? nope!

anyway im out out of here from what ive seen looks great

Wow!

Top Bottom