• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

I have one question: How is the action?

Great. Spider-Man swinging is something to see and the Vulture REALLY works here. He looks so scary flying and I loved the way they actually had him putting on the suit.

Vulture actually made me think of what a Metal Gear Solid villain would look like in real life.

I honestly thought it could have been a good interjection to give us some Uncle Ben but he thinks of Tony instead for inspiration.

jimmy-mcnulty.gif

I think this is my supervillain origin.

Timu

Great. Spider-Man swinging is something to see and the Vulture REALLY works here. He looks so scary flying and I loved the way they actually had him putting on the suit.
Ok, that sounds very neat, I guess there will be quite a bit of Spider Man vs Vulture scenes, kinda like Spider Man vs Doc Ock in Spider Man 2.

How does the Vulture rank compared to past MCU villains?

Squarely in the middle I'd say. He's way more memorable than Malekith or Ultron, but not as great as Kingpin or Killgrave.

Actually one thing that I didn't see mentioned in the Reddit spoilers:

Mac Gargan is in this. He has a scorpion tattooed on his neck and attempts to do an arms deal with Toomes. I hope they bring him back for the sequel as one of the post credit scenes features him.

Yeah I don't see it hitting a billion, especially with Apes the week after and all the great buzz that's getting.

Every Spidey film, even ASM2 has made at least $700 million overall, so if this can make $800 million I think Marvel/Sony would be happy.

Anth0ny

Yeah I don't see it hitting a billion, especially with Apes the week after and all the great buzz that's getting.

Every Spidey film, even ASM2 has made at least $700 million overall, so if this can make $800 million I think Marvel/Sony would be happy.

it's going to fucking steamroll apes if the word of mouth is strong

dunkirk too

Based off the samples I wasn't expecting anything amazing honestly, a lot of the score seems all over the place anyway.
I liked Fly-By-Night Operation but thought the Suite was rather blah. Was hoping the individual themes would work better.
Apparently Giacchino's score for War for the Planet of the Apes is one of if not his best work. So, at least there's that.
That's good news!

Voror

How much is Tony/Iron Man in the film by your estimation? Does he upstage Spider-Man at all?

Does he ditch all the dumb Stark tech aspects of the suit like the drone and the AI in order to rely on his own skills? Is it true that rather than Peter developing his own alternate forms of webbing, Tony just did it all for him?

How much is Tony/Iron Man in the film by your estimation? Does he upstage Spider-Man at all?

Does he ditch all the dumb Stark tech aspects of the suit like the drone and the AI in order to rely on his own skills? Is it true that rather than Peter developing his own alternate forms of webbing, Tony just did it all for him?

10-15 minutes tops. I mean he saves Spidey during the Ferry scene but thats the only upstaging scene.

Tony takes Peter's special suit after this and the entire final fight with the Vulture is Peter having to rely on his crappy home made one with shitty web shooters. Tony does make all the alternate webbing for him, which he essentially accesses by having Ned hack past the "training wheels" in the suit

Anth0ny

I'll be in Italy from July 2-14

I get to watch it a day early :)

and I plan to watch it 3 times

so when those huge international box office numbers come in...

cMfkFGP.gif

Oni Jazar

There's quite a bit of Tony actually. I was surprised.

there is a lot of Tony suit and tech stuff.
The webbing mix is Peter though.

10-15 minutes tops. I mean he saves Spidey during the Ferry scene but thats the only upstaging scene.

Tony takes Peter's special suit after this and the entire final fight with the Vulture is Peter having to rely on his crappy home made one with shitty web shooters. Tony does make all the alternate webbing for him, which he essentially accesses by having Ned hack past the "training wheels" in the suit

How "smart" would you say they make Peter?

Super genius comics Pete or just "smarter high school student" Pete?

Don't need specific situations.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Has there been any reactions to Dunkirk yet? Apes sounds like it's good, but I haven't heard anything about it. Both are probably taking a big hit if Spidey is this good.

How "smart" would you say they make Peter?

Super genius comics Pete or just "smarter high school student" Pete?

Don't need specific situations.

Smarter high schooler, though he's clearly the smartest kid in his school. There's actually a funny scene where he's in a chemistry lab where he's making web fluid while simultaneously working on a school project while his teacher is talking.

Top Bottom