• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 4 Preview, new Screenshots

Graphics are amazing actual gameplay looks mediocre, they haven't convinced me yet that this is anything more than a by the numbers Uncharted game i already played 3 times.

Wait, you've played 3 awesome games and you're complaining that this game looks like those awesome games thus you're unimpressed.

giphy.gif

Gurish

This game is what MGSV should've been.

Linear with large open spaces.

That could be a dream, an MGS game like this, with those environments, and a linear progression, not divided into episodes, no side stuff shit, with lots of dialogues and story, tight pacing with freedom like in U4, it could be my dream game :(

driver116

That could be a dream, an MGS game like this, with those environments, and a linear progression, not divided into episodes, no side stuff shit, with lots of dialogues and story, tight pacing with freedom like in U4, it could be my dream game :(

Did you play 4?

Falchion

Looking fantastic, this might be the Uncharted where I finally get all the collectibles just because I want to explore every part of the world.

Looking fantastic, this might be the Uncharted where I finally get all the collectibles just because I want to explore every part of the world.

I collected them all in the previous games but now i'll be taking my time even more.
(normally i hate collecting things, by the way)

Bishop89

Graphics are amazing actual gameplay looks mediocre, they haven't convinced me yet that this is anything more than a by the numbers Uncharted game i already played 3 times.

Yeh, they should have added like a mech suit , just to make things interesting.

SomTervo

Eh? No it wouldn't. Though that last sentence looks like a joke, so maybe my sarcasm detector is broken.

It wasn't sarcasm. How exactly would the game's design build in a 'you can't shoot animals system'? You aim at them and it blocks you from firing? What happens if you throw a grenade nearby?

I think they'll be killable. No other ND game has had killable ambient wildlife. Except maybe the monkeys and
giraffes
from TLoU? But that was heavily scripted; nothing like this.

Aha, so when you said "looks amazing" you literally meant "look", as in visually. Not the associative verb "looks" as in "seems".

It's not about the gameplay in the videos, though - it's about the gameplay potential when its in your hands.

Obviously we won't know until release, though.

This game is what MGSV should've been.

Linear with large open spaces.

This makes more sense. Still not totally comparable, but more sensical than "Uncharted 4 is now MGSV".

Top Bottom