• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 4 Preview, new Screenshots

I agree, but they look lifeless...

Hey...come on, give vegetation some credit. It is the basis of terrestrial life and life itself.

Anyway, yeah, could be more birds and mammals. Madagascar is supposed to have incredible biodiversity, although I have never been there. Their vision of the savannah seems very vibrant overall though. Madagascar is a country undergoing environmental trauma though...

Gurish

he?
thats exactly how african savanna looks like

They probably expect herds of animals, it might be problematic to put them in though, people will probably try to run them over, maybe they can put some in the distance or in not so reachable places.

FATALITY

Banned
They probably expect herds of animals, it might be problematic to put them in though, people will probably try to run them over, maybe they can put some in the distance or in not so reachable places.

Uncharted-4-2.jpg

?????

wapplew

They know we'll going to snipe them from distant anyways.
Whole army just ran by, of cost all animal have fled.

This made me grimace. I really didn't like all the allusions to MGSV in that article.

I think the comparions refer to more open ended gameplay, which is welcomed. That was never Metal Gear's problem, in fact I'd say it has the best blend of action and stealth in an open world (which UC is not) I've ever seen.

murgo

I'm glad the video is private now, I would've watched the whole thing otherwise. How the hell are we going to survive these next few weeks?

This is simply amazing omg

The way you can roam around the map. Exiting your vehicle and giving you the option to explore... wasn't expecting that.

SomTervo

Invincible I guess.

I think we'll be able to kill them. Would go against the game's design to hold you back from that.

The ramifications will probably be ambient dialogue. "What the hell, Nate," and such.

More and more of it until you've killed all the animals and they're like "Well done."

not impressed with the footage, i mean it looks amazing but the rest is nothing interesting.

not impressed ... i mean it looks amazing ... but nothing interesting

Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-16.png

Chola

Banned
Yeah, that's fair. I think you're right. The writer just went a bit overboard.

Driving through a huge empty environment, different stages of AI behavior , binoculars, marking, sandbox levels. There is a lot of MGSV in uncharted 4. I wouldn't be surprised if every review/preview mentions MGSV

SomTervo

If more environments are like that, it looks like least favourite Uncharted right of the bat :-(

As far as we know, only 1-2 'stages' will be like this. We know there is a jungle island like the first game, and Scotland which will be more like Tibet from UC2.

Gurish

If more environments are like that, it looks like least favourite Uncharted right of the bat :-(

Don't worry it's not like all of the game will be driving around, I think it can be cool to break the pacing a little with exploration.

zsynqx

Uncharted was in desperate need of some serious exploration to break up the endless combat enounters and this looks like just that.

You also get a good amount of dialogue and character moments which should help push the storytelling.

Gurish

Graphics are amazing actual gameplay looks mediocre, they haven't convinced me yet that this is anything more than a by the numbers Uncharted game i already played 3 times. At least it's somethimg different than a QTE or endless combat.
Have to admit, this is the most out of sync post I read here in a while, people are starting to feel concerned about the changes being TOO extreme, about the game feeling like MGS5 more than Uncharted, fearing about the environments being too big etc... and you say you played it 3 times!? are you for real man?

It's probably the biggest change we've seen from the series, it's like watching a gameplay video of MGS5 and complain about it being similar to previous games, can't really understand if we are watching the same thing.

Graphics are amazing actual gameplay looks mediocre, they haven't convinced me yet that this is anything more than a by the numbers Uncharted game i already played 3 times.

Did you play the multiplayer beta? If you had, you'd probably think differently. The game feels amazing to control, and the rope mechanic actually adds quite a bit to the combat.

m4st4

Don't you wanna visit Madagascar? Or do you need more urban environments? Cause you know this is a globetrotting adventure.

As for that other comment saying it's 'more of the same, old Uncharted'... okay, what is the top of the crop 3rd person shooter out there, gameplay wise? TPP, TLOU... maybe Rise to a lesser extent. Can't even think of anything else.

So how is this old when everything about it feels more natural and realistic, a free-form gunplay.

Did you play the multiplayer beta? If you had, you'd probably think differently. The game feels amazing to control, and the rope mechanic actually adds quite a bit to the combat.

Yup, multiplayer convinced me. So intuitive. It's basically pick up and play and animations are sick.

nib95

Banned
Graphics are amazing actual gameplay looks mediocre, they haven't convinced me yet that this is anything more than a by the numbers Uncharted game i already played 3 times.

By the numbers Uncharted game when the vast majority of the gameplay shown is stuff you can't even do in any of the Uncharted games lol. Ok.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
How 'spoilery' is that gameplay? Really tempted to watch it.

Personally i think it just spoils the current location. Even the dialog doesn't say too much.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a dialog between Sam and Sully that spoils the other locations where you might be going:
Brazil/South American countries and England

Top Bottom