• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 4 Preview, new Screenshots

Ab0d3Ph.gif

Nope, i've seen enough of the game, i'm outta here before i change my mind

Pachimari

I'm surprised that we can get out of the jeep and explore in that savanah level. Didn't expect that. This video completely sold me.

DieH@rd

Banned
I watched beginning and the end.

The level looks absolutely massive, and I like how good the fights are [with viable stealth].

WITHE1982

Nice to see the grappling hook can be used for more than just rope swinging. Drake uses it to pull down and drag a crate to access a higher platform.

Looks cool, but i cant understand why people are freaking out about the graphics.

Have you watched any footage?

The graphics aren't anything we haven't seen before but the art style, the attention to detail with all the hand placed items on the stall of the market you breeze past in less than 30 seconds, the deforming rice bags that spill and slowly deflate as the rice pours out seemingly physics based rather than static animation, facial and body animations, skin deformation in emotions you can read on their face without them telling you how they feel, the way the fingers conform to the contours of the rock you are holding onto without clipping through, etc..

Nothing is generated by algorithms, everything is meticulously placed by the hand of the level designers.

Ab0d3Ph.gif

Nope, i've seen enough of the game, i'm outta here before i change my mind

I don't normally laugh out loud at GIFs but that was brilliant.

Gurish

I've seen about 6 minutes and stopped, it looks incredible, the "bros" atmosphere, driving around in that huge environment, perfect.

Fezan

everything looks so beautiful except how water interacts with jeep. Splashes are very small and some thing is off

FATALITY

Banned
18 min?! WHATTTTT.

ND are crazy, no way I'm seeing all of this, it's practically the entire level, I'll just have a peek and turn it off, fuck that, they runied U3, not gonna let them do it with 4.

there is nothing there to be spoiled

WITHE1982

everything looks so beautiful except how water interacts with jeep. Splashes are very small and some thing is off

Agree with this. Also happens when Drake moves through water, the splashes just look "off". Like they're a painted effect.

I'm just picking fault now though. My hype levels are through the roof.

Gurish

there is nothing there to be spoiled

Just the entire section right? ;)

Any cinematic single player game that you'd show 18 minutes of will be spoiled on some level, doesn't mean story, it can spoil locations, conversations, puzzles, everything can be considered a spoiler in this vid.

Agree with this. Also happens when Drake moves through water, the splashes just look "off". Like they're a painted effect.

I remember it was like this in the E3 demo as well, people assumed ND will fix it but there is nothing to be fixed, it's the effect they probably can afford unfortunately if they want steady frame rate.

But I agree it's not a big deal at all, game is gorgeous.

wapplew

Not enough wild animals!
I want to drive through a pack of dinosaurs like this.
lostworld-c.jpg

The level is yuuuuge! We MGS now!

Kinan

No way I'm watching any U4 preview videos. Its just a month left, and I want the game to be able to surprise me. See you after 10th of May, guys.

foxbeldin

The preview event was not done on the final version of the game. So splashes can get better. Maybe...

WITHE1982

Devs could activate additional tutorials just for this slice of previews, so that journos can easily catch up with the essentials.

Ah. Never thought of that.

The preview event was not done on the final version of the game. So splashes can get better. Maybe...

Cool. Not really a game breaker for me but when your production values are so astronomically high things like this just stand out a bit more.

Lingitiz

Wow at that action sequence. I love how open it is and the amount of options you have at your disposal. I'm way more hyped after seeing that.

Also the banter between Sully and Sam in the jeep is just so incredibly dynamic and natural.

Hoo-doo

Banned
No way I'm watching any U4 preview videos. Its just a month left, and I want the game to be able to surprise me. See you after 10th of May, guys.

Thing is though, they've been mostly showing the exact same areas over and over.
In a game that's supposedly 10+ hours long, i'm thinking they are consciously playing their cards very close to their chest on this one.

zsynqx

Wow at that action sequence. I love how open it is and the amount of options you have at your disposal. I'm way more hyped after seeing that.

Also the banter between Sully and Sam in the jeep is just so incredibly dynamic and natural.

The action scene at the end got me annoyed at the person playing, as is usually the case with preview vids :p

I wanted him to do some rope kills and show of the melee

Gurish

Thing is though, they've been mostly showing the exact same areas over and over.
In a game that's supposedly 10+ hours long, i'm thinking they are consciously playing their cards very close to their chest on this one.

They already revealed 4 locations, we've seen Scotland, Jungle, City, Africa- huge (15+ min) gameplay demos for 3 of them as well.

Plus we've seen bits like the party location (cuts a second after gameplay starts) and other snippets like boat cruise, diving etc...

I wouldn't call it keeping things close to their chest, they revealed A LOT.

thuway

The action scene at the end got me annoyed at the person playing, as is usually the case with preview vids :p

I wanted him to do some rope kills and show of the melee

I shouldn't be speaking about this but embargoes were broken and I want to give you a better impression. Imagine that an enemy is alerted by a companion AI. There are multiple stages of being alert. The Enemy is in yellow mode. Before they ever find you, the AI companion takes them out. A truly dynamic and tense experience.

The coolest thing about the new gameplay tools is that AI is dynamic both the enemy and companion in a really neat way that makes them feel human.

Stoze

I'm not gonna be able to resist, and the sad part is I'll probably end up watching it like 10 times.

It's weird because before a few years ago I wasn't a big Uncharted/ND fan, but after TLoU everything changed. Now I'll probably end up doing a third playthrough of the trilogy later this month.

I shouldn't be speaking about this but embargoes were broken and I want to give you a better impression. Imagine that an enemy is alerted by a companion AI. There are multiple stages of being alert. He in yellow mode. Before they ever find you, the AI companion takes them out. A truly dynamic and tense experience.

The coolest thing about the new gameplay tools is that AI is dynamic both the enemy and companion in a really neat way that makes them feel human.

That sound fucking amazing .

wapplew

They already revealed 4 locations, we've seen Scotland, Jungle, City, Africa- huge (15+ min) gameplay demos for 3 of them as well.

Plus we've seen bits like the party location (cuts a second after gameplay starts) and other snippets like boat cruise, diving etc...

I wouldn't call it keeping things close to their chest, they revealed A LOT.

Ya, a lot have been shown. Unless they have 5 more location, we've already saw half of that.

zsynqx

I shouldn't be speaking about this but embargoes were broken and I want to give you a better impression. Imagine that an enemy is alerted by a companion AI. There are multiple stages of being alert. The Enemy is in yellow mode. Before they ever find you, the AI companion takes them out. A truly dynamic and tense experience.

Oh I am aware. Another leaked preview mentioned it. Would love to see it all in action but that dude was just camping with the sniper :p

thuway

Oh I am aware. Another leaked preview mentioned it. Would love to see it all in action but that dude was just camping with the sniper :p
Ah cool. The gameplay previews today will depend largely on how good the player is at demonstrating and using his or her bag of tricks.

Gurish

I'm not gonna be able to resist, and the sad part is I'll probably end up watching it like 10 times.

It's weird because before a few years ago I wasn't a big Uncharted/ND fan, but after TLoU everything changed. Now I'll probably end up doing a third playthrough of the trilogy later this month.
Heard that a lot, TLOU was a game changer for ND, they got lots of new fans from people who didn't like them before, maybe because they've seen their games as shallow on some level, but TLOU changed it for many.

Heard that a lot, TLOU was a game changer for ND, they got lots of new fans from people who didn't like them before, maybe because they've seen their games as shallow on some level, but TLOU changed it for many.

UC4 could be huge .
UC fans which number already big plus new fans from TLOU.

Top Bottom