• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitocracy |OT| STR+6, CON+4, GUT-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I truly wonder how many people lie about their workouts.

You see some people, men and women, posting 2,000+ point workouts doing 10+ sets of exercises like squats and deadlifts. I'm 100% honest.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You see some people, men and women, posting 2,000+ point workouts doing 10+ sets of exercises like squats and deadlifts. I'm 100% honest.

When I do BBB I end up doing around 11 for one exercise. But I don't do much else. It's not uncommon for me to have a 2000-3k point day on some weeks.

That said, I'm sure some people bullshit, it's unavoidable.

Not to say it's easy, but I can definitely get 1000+ points a workout without ruining my body or anything (though I don't do 1000+ regularly since I am not so dedicated to my fitness), and while I'm fit, there are many, many others who workout much harder than I do. I don't really think theres that many people who are lying about their workouts. What's the benefit anyway? My fitness only increases if I'm actually doing the things Im logging.

I just joined this. I'm only logging my work sets so it shortchanges my points massively, but I don't care, it's not my warm-ups which are getting me stronger or care to see progression in.

X-Frame

2000 points isn't much if your doing the big lifts. Legs and back can get there easy.

When I do BBB I end up doing around 11 for one exercise. But I don't do much else. It's not uncommon for me to have a 2000-3k point day on some weeks.

That said, I'm sure some people bullshit, it's unavoidable.

Not to say it's easy, but I can definitely get 1000+ points a workout without ruining my body or anything (though I don't do 1000+ regularly since I am not so dedicated to my fitness), and while I'm fit, there are many, many others who workout much harder than I do. I don't really think theres that many people who are lying about their workouts. What's the benefit anyway? My fitness only increases if I'm actually doing the things Im logging.

I stand corrected about the points, but still can't believe people that are doing 8-12 sets per exercise -- not workout.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
It is just one of those "cheating yourself" things. It's all online and pretty anonymous, not point fudging numbers to impress people you will most likely never see.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Xframe, look at this.

Fitocracy said:
Parallel-Grip Pull-Up:
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)
10 reps (+119 pts)

Chin-Up:
10 reps (+96 pts)
10 reps (+96 pts)
10 reps (+96 pts)
10 reps (+96 pts)
10 reps (+96 pts)
10 reps (+96 pts)

Pull-Up:
10 reps (+102 pts)
10 reps (+102 pts)
10 reps (+102 pts)
10 reps (+102 pts)
10 reps (+102 pts)
10 reps (+102 pts)
Fuck yeah! 200 pullup/chins. Last 30 got sloppy as hell, but fuck it.

Standing Military Press:
45 lb x 15 reps (+39 pts)
95 lb x 5 reps (+44 pts)
135 lb x 3 reps (+46 pts)
185 lb x 5 reps (+81 pts)
210 lb x 3 reps (+76 pts)
235 lb x 2 reps (+76 pts)
Felt strong today.

Barbell Shrug:
225 lb x 25 reps (+62 pts)
275 lb x 20 reps (+83 pts)
315 lb x 20 reps (+109 pts)
315 lb x 20 reps (+109 pts)
225 lb x 30 reps (+65 pts)
My back is becoming a boulder.

Dumbbell Bench Press:
100 lb x 10 reps (+153 pts)

Dips - Chest Version:
20 reps (+141 pts)
20 reps (+141 pts)
20 reps (+141 pts)
11 reps (+68 pts)
10 reps (+61 pts)

Reverse Flyes:
15 lb x 20 reps (+17 pts)

That payed out 4200 points. So if I can do it, it's possible others are doing it legit too. I doubt many are, especially since there's a game aspect, but it's possible.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damn! How long did that take you?

About 2 hours. I was taking long fucking breaks when it came to the military press and DB bench. I did pullups throughout the day. 90 at home before the gym, 20 at the gym and the remaining 90 when I got home again.

Petrie

Banned
heh, says this guy. i'm fighting to stay in the top 15 of our leaderboards!

and goddamn @ Alienshogun, i can't do those military presses at that level but the rest...shit, good plan man.

I've been in and out of the top 20. Cutting has meant less squats and such, which has made me fall out for now. Soon enough though, I'm coming for you guys!

What would people be most interested in for the next challenge? The widowmaker went down like a lead balloon so I'd like to get a few more people involved with this one.

These are the options available:

I've just been looking at the new challenges, here's a pic:

4fGrx.jpg

Will probably do a different one every week to try and make sure everybody can get involved.

Most of those are pretty self explanatory but for the others:

Triathlon: Most points from running, swimming and cycling

Monkeying around: Most pull ups or chin ups (not sure if this is overall or in one set, I imagine the former)

Drop and give me plenty: Most points from push ups, pull ups, crunches, running and sit ups.

Fire Fighter challenge: Most flights of stairs (again not clear if cumulative or in one session but I imagine the former)

IrishNinja

I've been in and out of the top 20. Cutting has meant less squats and such, which has made me fall out for now. Soon enough though, I'm coming for you guys!

man, im doing this Crossfit boot camp with my chick 2-3x a week now which is less points, and then im outta town for a month...if im still in the top 20 when i get back, i'll be happy!

BeesEight

Just signed up. Did a bit of browsing and it's a little unwieldy for set programs like P90X. I did the Core Synergistics program on Tuesday but there's no easy way to log it into the system. And I'm not going through an hours worth of core exercises to up my points. Put it down as intense cardio but it's obviously not going to be worth as much.

I'll be interesting once I start doing Insanity.

Anyway, logged one week of activity and already got level 6 with a few quests. It's an interesting little site for sure and definitely something I could see myself using more than Facebook.

Just signed up. Did a bit of browsing and it's a little unwieldy for set programs like P90X. I did the Core Synergistics program on Tuesday but there's no easy way to log it into the system. And I'm not going through an hours worth of core exercises to up my points. Put it down as intense cardio but it's obviously not going to be worth as much.

I'll be interesting once I start doing Insanity.

Anyway, logged one week of activity and already got level 6 with a few quests. It's an interesting little site for sure and definitely something I could see myself using more than Facebook.

There's a thread on their forum with all the relevant P90x exercises listed. You can save routines too so once you've logged it once, you then only need to change the reps each time.

DerKomisar

Neo Member
Alright FitGaf you got me to sign up. I'm at the start of a mild cut and building a motorcycle at the same time so I won't be winning jack or shit but I hope this keeps the gym a little more interesting.

Weird seeing my workout on the NeoGaf feed. Damn that means my "idontfeellikegoingbutimightaswell" chin-up/ curl workouts are going up for the world to see.

The 'I like big points' challenge has now finished, thanks to all of you that took part.

The results are as follows:

1st place. yorvog, 6088 Points

2nd place. ScramblesTDB, 4106 Points

3rd place. DeanS, 3696 Points

Congratulations Yorvog!

The new challenge will be up soon. As always, suggestions are always welcome.

Pocks

Is anyone still using this? And if J Tourettes is perma, should we start a new OT?

I was waiting for the Android app to be released before I invested in it. I'm currently Level 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom